Sign in to follow this  
Your mother

My son, I am sorry - so very, very sorry...

[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/wv712c.jpg[/IMG]Picture of my son taken a year ago (even before relegation). Thought it summed up the current mood of the collective Canary camp pretty well.

Said a few days ago...

Took my boy to his first game on Saturday, bought him a shirt, programme to keep etc.

I had to apologise afterwards for being a useless Dad. 1-2 woulda been fine, but for the lad to have to remember his first ever game at Norwich was 1-7. That made me feel worse.

CANARYCHARGE - hadn''t thought of it like that, but now you mention it ;-)Cheers Snakepit boysCanary02 III - not sure it qualifies as "therapy", but he was born in West London and his mother (and her family) are Chelsea fans. Perhaps thats a cure?! <urgh, now I feel dirty>Downloads - a baptism of fire! Grateful for any advice you can give on how you managed the situa-shon - have a feeling I will have to call on it in the years to come. Although now I think about it, the boy will come in with no/low expectations.

Took my 18yr old daughter to her first proper game on Saturday ( Fakenham doesnt count [;)] ). She was obviously a bit upset at what happened, but her day was brightened up by good old sarcastic and ironic comments and cheers. And when her dad got in an argument with a fellow fan. And the huge bellow of GORAN .... which gunny turned to look at from the lower Barclay block A. Will leave things a month or two before bringing her again [:S]

Great picture. My father done it to me and I have done it to my son. Infliction of a love which is 5% ecstasy and 95% agony. Still, I would rather lose 1-7 then tell everyone I am looking forward to the  "prem starting this weekend" and " how I am glad that JT stayed with us" or " I think we will do ok, this could be Scholesy  and Giggsy last season." I have readily taken the stick off of any real supporter but not the plastic fans. My stock answer is always. " If your principles and morals do not enforce you to support your local team. You will probaly support Germany or Argentina in the world cup: as statistically, the odds on them winning are surely greater based on past performanc. You are therefore, unprincipled and immoral; or in laymans terms, a bandwagon W.....r!

despite the anger, humiliation, frustration and absolute agony........ still CTID

Think my son will be a QPR fan....as most kids round here support them or Chelsea....save him the missery that I have had to suffer over the years!!