Sign in to follow this  
The Chirp

CAPITAL CANARIES AGM- with Delia & co. Who's going?

I will be there. Come say hi. Wearing black long sleeved t-shirt, black jeans and white plimmies with notepad and pen... come say hi. Will try and make some notes etc if anything interesting is said/happens. James

I was going to make it but  unable to now. So if you get a chance please question Delia over the shambles at the weekend and why she isn''t interested in selling the club. cheers

I wanted to go, but am still back round here and don''t get back till late tonight.

Lets see how they answer the questions, I would imagine that the CE will talk quite straight.

someone on here was saying harris said that she does not wish to sell the club... does anyone know where i can find a direct quote? I will try and ask about this but would prefer to see the quote first.

Can you ask her how much longer we have to put up with her owning the club, I yearn for the day she''s gone so everyone is once more pulling in the same direction and we can begin to recover from the terrible state she''s allowed us to get into.

I would like to ask this but prob wont.If say someone was to arrange a meeting with Carson Yeung and get him interested enough to meet with the Norwich City board... would you be keen to listen to him?I don''t know whether or not i will ask. I would rather try get the meeting with him first.

I would probably ask something more direct along the lines of why she won''t sell or something general that could lead to a quesion like that.

sorry that post must seem odd... reading it back it does to me so sorry!I''ll explain. Someone i know is good friends with Yeung and i was mulling over how possible it would be to try sell the club to him. I think for a nobody like me it would be very difficult. However if Delia for instance was keen, surely someone like this, who owns Joma sports and is a multi millionaire would be interested in at the very least looking at norwich. I''ll have a think, i might ask (if i get the chance to ask anything at all!) how are norwich going about trying to sell the club to people... i dunno... i''ll prob just sit there, eat some fattening sausage rolls, sip my beer and take notes!

Someone needs to do something, we can''t carry on as we have for the last few years otherwise getting relegated to the conference is looking like a real possibility. As long as Delia Smith pulls the strings at this club it will never be a success whoever the chief exec and other board members are.

i would ask her how much she thinks the club is worth and if she got an offer for her proportionate ownership of the club would she accept it?

based on the fact Newcastle are worth £90 million i would say we must be put at around the £30-35 million bracket meaning around £20 million is the cost of Delia''s shares.

[quote user="The Chirp"]someone on here was saying harris said that she does not wish to sell the club... does anyone know where i can find a direct quote? I will try and ask about this but would prefer to see the quote first.
[/quote]

You do not need to worry. That point and those quotes are already well on the radar for various people planning to ask questions.

[quote user="First Wizard"]It will be the usual fawning, whitewash amongst her adoring, hand job admirers.[/quote]

I spoke to some of the CC committee after the game Saturday and they didnt sound a bit like that at all. Quite the opposite infact.

[quote user="The Chirp"]someone on here was saying harris said that she does not wish to sell the club... does anyone know where i can find a direct quote? I will try and ask about this but would prefer to see the quote first. [/quote]The Chirp, the quote from Keith Harris you are asking about is in the Canary Preview. My copy has not arrived yet, but it was quoted - presumably accurately - by jbghost on another thread. Far from Harris saying Delia does not want to sell, he actually says the opposite - that his brief includes finding a buyer and that she is prepared to sell.

"What they have said is they don''t want to sell, they want to stay with it, they want to see us back to a higher division.

"Delia and Michael are at present the majority shareholders. It

depends entirely on the form of capital that comes in as to whether they

stay in that position or not. They have an open mind."

The first paragraph by itself  makes it look as if Smith and Jones do not want to sell full stop. But in conjunction with the second paragraph it is obvious the bit about not wanting to sell is in the context of trying to make up for relegation by getting promoted back to the Championship.The second paragraph from Harris makes it plain that his brief includes finding a majority investor (ie a buyer) and that S&J are willing to sell under the right circumstances.

It would be useful to know which professional advisers the club uses - lawyers, accountants in particular. Before any potential investors can be approached there must be a clear understanding of what, if any deal is available and what other ''non financial'' conditions would be part of any deal.Delia will want to recoup her personal investment - don''t forget she has invested over £11m into the club, if the reports are to be believed and will want to make pretty sure she gets it back. She will however need to be part of a new plan as an earn out is the only way that someone else is going to approach a deal like this, given the dire position the club is in.It would be interesting to find out how she thinks the club is going to get out of the financial mess it is in without bringing in outside investment and whether they will now concede that they have to act swiftly before it really is too late. Let us know if you get the chance to ask questions.

[quote user="First Wizard"]It will be the usual fawning, whitewash amongst her adoring, hand job admirers.[/quote]

Knowing who is going, I doubt this will be the case.  The Capitals will ask sensible questions without turning nasty or getting personal as some would like.   

Delia has made the effort to get to London, so why should she be abused for the sake of it.  Some of the posters on here will have some challenging questions I am sure.

[quote user="purdeypair"]
Delia will want to recoup her personal investment - don''t forget she has invested over £11m into the club, if the reports are to be believed
[/quote]

Approx. £5.8m in ordinary shares according to the NCFC Accounts + approx. Â£0.7m in ordinary shares according to The Times Article

Approx £0.3m in B Pref. shares according to NCFC Accounts (up to and including those to the 31st May 2008)

Loans thought to be £2m but this based on £1.75m being added (since the 31st May 2008) to the loan as at the 31st May 2008. However the Accounts to the 31st May 2009 will clarify this, as there is a question mark as to whether an additional £1m has been loaned to NCFC Plc during 2008-09. 

[quote user="Ren"]

Delia has made the effort to get to London

[/quote]

In case you weren''t away they have lived in London for many years, they spend as much time there as in Suffolk (and a great deal more than in Norfolk).  They have a swish apartment in Docklands.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Ren"]

Delia has made the effort to get to London

[/quote]

In case you weren''t aware they have lived in London for many years, they spend as much time there as in Suffolk (and a great deal more than in Norfolk).  They have a swish apartment in Docklands.

[/quote]

Latest from Caps AGM - Usual old s**t. Club not for sale blah blah. They are getting fairly hard time!

[quote user="Ren"]Latest from Caps AGM - Usual old s**t. Club not for sale blah blah. They are getting fairly hard time![/quote]

Would someone update us on the questions asked please?

lots of questions asked ranging from Gunn being the manager, their thoughts on saturday, the two fans, are they looking to sell the club, any buyers? are we looking to sign more players? More on top of that. They didn''t duck any Q''s and I think they were honest. Fair play to them being there also... I don''t think many if any other owners of football clubs come to these sorts of things.I think Redhead from the EDP was there so no doubt you''ll get an article on it tomorrow. For what it is worth, I was impressed with Delia (this won''t go down well on here but i really couldn''t care less) and was very impressed with McNally. I will write up an article on it too on the Chirp Blog soon.Night night.

[quote user="The Chirp"]lots of questions asked ranging from Gunn being the manager, their thoughts on saturday, the two fans, are they looking to sell the club, any buyers? are we looking to sign more players? More on top of that. They didn''t duck any Q''s and I think they were honest. Fair play to them being there also... I don''t think many if any other owners of football clubs come to these sorts of things.I think Redhead from the EDP was there so no doubt you''ll get an article on it tomorrow. For what it is worth, I was impressed with Delia (this won''t go down well on here but i really couldn''t care less) and was very impressed with McNally. I will write up an article on it too on the Chirp Blog soon.Night night. [/quote] Yes but you were impressed with all the new signings so your judgement is at the very least highly suspect . Hope Smith is forced to stay away from Carrow Road for fear of her safety , she has turned this club into the biggest joke in English football .

Tales of the unexpected for Tangie then[:O]

Now Chirp.. we all need to know... was there a lot of "hand jobbing" going on[:^)] Whatever that may be[:S]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Tales of the unexpected for Tangie then[:O]

Now Chirp.. we all need to know... was there a lot of "hand jobbing" going on[:^)] Whatever that may be[:S]

[/quote]hand jobbing? um... no but their was some nice finger foods :)