Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

Trouble at mill!

Usual source - Ian Butterworth and Ian Crook were split up by players during a massive arguement at half time on Saturday. One of them wanted to change the team with 3 substitutes and the other didn''t!

That doesn''t bode well, internal disagreements is the last thing we need in our current predicament. So much for the so called dream team.

[quote user="kdncfc"]That doesn''t bode well, internal disagreements is the last thing we need in our current predicament. So much for the so called dream team.[/quote]It bodes very well, all helps towards the removal of Gunn sooner.Just a rumour anyway, probably not true.

Let''s just get rid of all them...now. They will have to be gone soon as there''s not a cat in hells chance of any of that lot being fit to get us near the top of this league let alone a promotion push.

Like most of us I didn''t want Gunn to get the job - on what positive basis was he appointed anyhow - but I wanted to give them 10 games but one game plus the appointment of Doc as captain is enough for me!

Quite predictable in the circumstances I think. Would be more concerned if this kind of tension wasn''t in the air losing 5-0 at half time at home in our first game in a lower division. 

[quote user="JTG"][quote user="kdncfc"]That doesn''t bode well, internal disagreements is the last thing we need in our current predicament. So much for the so called dream team.[/quote]

It bodes very well, all helps towards the removal of Gunn sooner.

Just a rumour anyway, probably not true.
[/quote]

I think sideshow tim has been reliable with his info in the past so there probably is some truth in it.

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Usual source - Ian Butterworth and Ian Crook were split up by players during a massive arguement at half time on Saturday. One of them wanted to change the team with 3 substitutes and the other didn''t![/quote]I really hope your contact is wrong, Sideshow. [:(] Too many cooks spoiling the broth? Jeez one effing cook was enough! [:''(]

I was just about the last one to leave on Saturday and got Robert Fleck''s autographs as he was the only person left in the Directors Box apart from Ian Crook. At the time I wondered why he wasn''t in the dressing room so this could be true!!!

After doing some digging a couple of journalists have reported the very same thing: Crooky had tactics he wanted to use, ones which had benefited the team already in pre season games, Butters and Gunn had theirs. Let''s hope Lord Ian''s advice is given a bit more consideration from now on. [A]I''ve also visited a few Hartlepool forums. Needless to say they''ve been laughing their monkey suits off at us for giving Butters a job, claiming that he was a bag of cack at Victoria Park as well and apparently one of the main reasons their defence was about as effective as a floodwall made of tissue paper. [:S]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]After doing some digging a couple of journalists have reported the very same thing: Crooky had tactics he wanted to use, ones which had benefited the team already in pre season games, Butters and Gunn had theirs. Let''s hope Lord Ian''s advice is given a bit more consideration from now on. [A]I''ve also visited a few Hartlepool forums. Needless to say they''ve been laughing their monkey suits off at us for giving Butters a job, claiming that he was a bag of cack at Victoria Park as well and apparently one of the main reasons their defence was about as effective as a floodwall made of tissue paper. [:S][/quote]its why nelson came here too.....

Good. Might mean they''re gone quicker.Then again if Ian had different tactics and we saw Butterworth and Fester''s attempt then I''d sooner have him in charge.

I feel that a couple of heavy losses in the next three games and Gunn''s empire will crumble.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Then again if Ian had different tactics and we saw Butterworth and Fester''s attempt then I''d sooner have him in charge.[/quote]I feel like Crook should be picking the formations at least however I''m sceptical of his ability to spot talent. I believe the likes of Killen was here on his recommendation, not to mention Theouseless. [:S]

I think it can only be a good thing that there''s some heat during the worst half time ever. In fact I''d be alarmed if everyone was calm, patting each other on the backs!

As for the Hartlepool fans; blimey even the monkey hangers are laughing at us!!

[quote user="Jonzey"]I think it can only be a good thing that there''s some heat during the worst half time ever. In fact I''d be alarmed if everyone was calm, patting each other on the backs! As for the Hartlepool fans; blimey even the monkey hangers are laughing at us!![/quote]

Nonsense, it was a French spy !  [:P]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Quite predictable in the circumstances I think. Would be more concerned if this kind of tension wasn''t in the air losing 5-0 at half time at home in our first game in a lower division. [/quote]

Are you serious?  Players fighting among themselves and the management separating them maybe.  Management fighting and the players trying to break it up?  I don''t think so . . .

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]Then again if Ian had different tactics and we saw Butterworth and Fester''s attempt then I''d sooner have him in charge.[/quote]I feel like Crook should be picking the formations at least however I''m sceptical of his ability to spot talent. I believe the likes of Killen was here on his recommendation, not to mention Theouseless. [:S][/quote]I agree. Wasn''t Crook responsible for most of our wins during pre-season.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]
Then again if Ian had different tactics and we saw Butterworth and Fester''s attempt then I''d sooner have him in charge.
[/quote]

I feel like Crook should be picking the formations at least however I''m sceptical of his ability to spot talent. I believe the likes of Killen was here on his recommendation, not to mention Theouseless. [:S]
[/quote]

The same Chris Killen who''s scroing for fun for Celtic at the moment?

I''ve never heard of that Chris Killen mate, or that Celtic.... I''ve only heard of the Chris Killen thats scored 1 goal in 29 competitive appearances for Celtic.

Unless of course you are talking about those pointless friendly''s..... in which case I point you towards our pre-season results and await the justification of your logic.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Quite predictable in the circumstances I think. Would be more concerned if this kind of tension wasn''t in the air losing 5-0 at half time at home in our first game in a lower division. [/quote]

Are you serious?  Players fighting among themselves and the management separating them maybe.  Management fighting and the players trying to break it up?  I don''t think so . . .

[/quote]

Yes I am - well not that I''d be concerned if it wasn''t happening - that''s just a figure of speech. Just meant that I''m not the least bit surprised that it all kicked off under those circumstances and I don''t think it''s a sign of anything sinister behind the scenes in general that some are making it out to be. I imagine that the first half on Saturday was a fairly traumatic shock for all involved (us and the management) and I''m not in the slightest bit surprised that it was panicky chaos in there at half time. Not saying it''s good, just saying I''m not surprised.  

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]Then again if Ian had different tactics and we saw Butterworth and Fester''s attempt then I''d sooner have him in charge.[/quote]I feel like Crook should be picking the formations at least however I''m sceptical of his ability to spot talent. I believe the likes of Killen was here on his recommendation, not to mention Theouseless. [:S][/quote]

The same Chris Killen who''s scroing for fun for Celtic at the moment?

[/quote]I think "scoring for fun" is stretching it a tad. [:P] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Killen

[quote user="ldnboy"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Mr. Bump"]Then again if Ian had different tactics and we saw Butterworth and Fester''s attempt then I''d sooner have him in charge.[/quote]I feel like Crook should be picking the formations at least however I''m sceptical of his ability to spot talent. I believe the likes of Killen was here on his recommendation, not to mention Theouseless. [:S][/quote]I agree. Wasn''t Crook responsible for most of our wins during pre-season.[/quote]I heard that Crook was more or less in charge of both training sessions and picking the formations in pre season. The best we can hope for is that Gunn and Butters admit they were wrong and go with Crooky''s tactics, thought I can''t see it. I guess we''ll see tonight.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

Yes I am - well not that I''d be concerned if it wasn''t happening - that''s just a figure of speech. Just meant that I''m not the least bit surprised that it all kicked off under those circumstances and I don''t think it''s a sign of anything sinister behind the scenes in general that some are making it out to be. I imagine that the first half on Saturday was a fairly traumatic shock for all involved (us and the management) and I''m not in the slightest bit surprised that it was panicky chaos in there at half time. Not saying it''s good, just saying I''m not surprised.  

[/quote]

Well I find it very worrying indeed.  If the management''s response to a crisis is to fight among themselves how can you expect the players to have any confidence in them?

I agree with this. No wonder the players all looked totally lost and bewildered if this is how the management behave every time something doesn''t go to plan. For this reason alone their positions are untenable.