Sign in to follow this  
Pompey_88

YES - IM A DELIA FAN and proud

YOU read again ''the Butler'' and YOU need to get the facts right and not idle chit chat off the stands.

Pieces of Business like the Stefanovic deal and Sibierski were ridiculous pieces of business by DOncaster who was in charge of the budget and hence increasing our debt

[quote user="Pompey_88"]YOU read again ''the Butler'' and YOU need to get the facts right and not idle chit chat off the stands. Pieces of Business like the Stefanovic deal and Sibierski were ridiculous pieces of business by DOncaster who was in charge of the budget and hence increasing our debt[/quote]

As I thought, Read and get facts right first.

The statement I highlighted (not from you) was full of errors

By the way who employed Doncaster, who was responsible for his actions?

They are MAJORITY SHAREHOLDERS and therefore dictate what happens.

Do you understand that or just ignore the fact.

Oh by the way the debt when Chase ws hounded out was 6million covered many times by assets both buildings and players.

It''s now 22million and rising with no player assets. Who is ultimately responsible for that?

Presume youre talking about me Butler....Errors? No

The CLUB employed Doncaster following a decision by the BOARD.  The Board has (with a couple of short period exceptions) been made up of 6 or 7 members

Yes DS and MWJ are majority shareholders but the decisions are made by the board as a whole.  I think youre partly right in that Doncaster and Munby were Yes men who followed their wishes and therefore their thoughts prevailed.  Whether the new members of the board fit in this category remains to be seen.  However ''Dictators'' they are not - that implies the wishes of other board members were not taken into account and I think youll find thats simply not the case.  OK they may ignore the wishes of the majority of supporters - but we''re not on the board and therefore dont have a say unfortunately

With regards to debts, its the responsibility of the board

Yes Chase sold many assets - and yes we have greater debt now with fewer assets.  Chase''s main preoccupation was with buying land rather than spending on the team.  Remember "If Chris Sutton goes I will resign"?  Remember Sutton going and Chase clinging onto power?  I thought not

As for your other correction, Arthur South saved Division 3 Norwich from Bankruptcy in the 1950s.  Without him we wouldnt even be having this conversation - in all likelihood we''d be Ipswich fans because they''d be the nearest league club

Maybe you need to go away and check your facts

Quote "before the game people were praising her".......

Who the f**K was praising her?????

The happy clappy brigade who applauded her at Ipshit and Charlton? Those that continue to applaud new depths of failure?

What about real supporters views? Do you know nothing about this football clubs recent history?

Comments like that make me want to *?!*!&*!**** you. For gods sake wake up.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Presume youre talking about me Butler....Errors? No

The CLUB employed Doncaster following a decision by the BOARD.  The Board has (with a couple of short period exceptions) been made up of 6 or 7 members

Yes DS and MWJ are majority shareholders but the decisions are made by the board as a whole.  I think youre partly right in that Doncaster and Munby were Yes men who followed their wishes and therefore their thoughts prevailed.  Whether the new members of the board fit in this category remains to be seen.  However ''Dictators'' they are not - that implies the wishes of other board members were not taken into account and I think youll find thats simply not the case.  OK they may ignore the wishes of the majority of supporters - but we''re not on the board and therefore dont have a say unfortunately

With regards to debts, its the responsibility of the board

Yes Chase sold many assets - and yes we have greater debt now with fewer assets.  Chase''s main preoccupation was with buying land rather than spending on the team.  Remember "If Chris Sutton goes I will resign"?  Remember Sutton going and Chase clinging onto power?  I thought not

As for your other correction, Arthur South saved Division 3 Norwich from Bankruptcy in the 1950s.  Without him we wouldnt even be having this conversation - in all likelihood we''d be Ipswich fans because they''d be the nearest league club

Maybe you need to go away and check your facts

[/quote]

Your implication was that South saved Norwich then DS came in. I did not realise you were going that far back! (great bloke South)

If you know, as I do some of the old board you would realise how much MWJ/DS''s wishes prevailed. Fact not your hearsay.

Chase bought land and the club has lived to now on what he bought.They tried to do the same and have failed. Hence the large debt.

Chase did some very sharpe deals on land for the club and still managed a good squad of players.

Other than the Turners, short stay, the board has been 5 for some time.(The Turners seemingly leaving without explanation strange that)

My facts a fairly sound from my own personal experience and involvement, what are yours based on?

[quote user="Pompey_88"]Over the past weeks i have read all the bashing of Delia and think its time to put my points across. So many of you seem to be jumping on the ''we want delia out'' band wagon and its pathetic and shows the that you do not want Norwich City FC to be succesfull. People who call her such things as a ''witch'' are no better than trash and you should be ashamed. 1. It''s been said again and again but there was no one else out there who put the money up to save this football club. 2. Everytime the football club has needed money - when she can afford it she has put it in - yes its not the billions of the other clubs but its a high percentage of what she has worked so hard to earn. 3. No one can deny her affection and love for the football club - shes their week in week out with unassailable passion. 4. Of course she will sell - WHEN ITS RIGHT AND SAFE FOR THE CLUB - if we sold out to foreign investors the family club we know well and love would quickly disappear I feel its ridiculously childish some of the things said about the ''witch'' and although there are frustrations towards the board to make her the scape goat is unjust and unfair on the individual. Support the club and Norwich FC will improve OTBC[/quote]

If she does have "unassailable passion" for the club, explain to me why she left after about 75 minutes on Saturday?

Also, you are insane.

[quote user="Pompey_88"] 1. It''s been said again and again but there was no one else out there who put the money up to save this football club.

2. Everytime the football club has needed money - when she can afford it she has put it in - yes its not the billions of the other clubs but its a high percentage of what she has worked so hard to earn.

3. No one can deny her affection and love for the football club - shes their week in week out with unassailable passion.

4. Of course she will sell - WHEN ITS RIGHT AND SAFE FOR THE CLUB - if we sold out to foreign investors the family club we know well and love would quickly disappear I feel its ridiculously childish some of the things said about the ''witch'' and although there are frustrations towards the board to make her the scape goat is unjust and unfair on the individual. Support the club and Norwich FC will improve OTBC[/quote]

1. Geoffrey Watling saved the club.. NOT delia... please read your history books.. also,, Harry Serrius and Aldo Spinelli made offers to Watling for the fvacant shares.... there were other buyers.

2. she has put about 2 oe 3 million into the football club in over 12 years.... how much have the fans put in as a collective?

3. so''s the tea lady!

4. its right and safe for the club now.. our league position doesnt lie.....

your a portsmouth fan on a p*ss take aren''t you?

jas :)

The trouble is Pompus 88 is that there people in the world who believe the earth if flat, others believe that the world is run by lizards and others actually and quite incredibly believe that Delia *$+%)?” Smith is not at the very centre of the of the manifold problems are once great club is suffering and why we are subjected to this  miserable and tortuous death by incompetent majority shareholder. 

Tell me Pompus 88 just exactly what has that woman done to you, did it involve propping your eyelids open with matchsticks and playing back their  beloved Football in the Community film shown at a  previous AGM? 

Oh come on then Pompus lets play the game shall we!

She saved the club

She has pumped millions in

Nobody else would buy us

She will do what’s best for the club not her

She would happily give her shares away if the right person came along

Is that better?

[quote user="Bury Green"]

The trouble is Pompus 88 is that there people in the world who believe the earth if flat, others believe that the world is run by lizards and others actually and quite incredibly believe that Delia *$+%)?” Smith is not at the very centre of the of the manifold problems are once great club is suffering and why we are subjected to this  miserable and tortuous death by incompetent majority shareholder. 

Tell me Pompus 88 just exactly what has that woman done to you, did it involve propping your eyelids open with matchsticks and playing back their  beloved Football in the Community film shown at a  previous AGM? 

Oh come on then Pompus lets play the game shall we!

She saved the club

She has pumped millions in

Nobody else would buy us

She will do what’s best for the club not her

She would happily give her shares away if the right person came along

Is that better?

[/quote]

Not forgetting she has done what no other has managed to do here before,

And that is turn the clock back 50yrs, we have been sinking further and further down the football league since she arrived

[quote user="Hard Cell"]Quote "before the game people were praising her"....... Who the f**K was praising her????? The happy clappy brigade who applauded her at Ipshit and Charlton? Those that continue to applaud new depths of failure? What about real supporters views? Do you know nothing about this football clubs recent history? Comments like that make me want to *?!*!&*!**** you. For gods sake wake up.[/quote]

Ha ha ha congratulations on answering your own question ha ha!!

"Who the f**k was praising her??.......the happy clappy brigade.....

[quote user="Pompey_88"]Yes one person dragged us to league 1 ? Grow up It was not delia on her own who wanted roeder or grant, she appointed people who made those decisions whose actions HELPED us go to league 1 Your point on lowering shares is a just one tbf[/quote]

Regardless of how welcome they might find the change at the top, I''m not sure some other shareholders would be too pleased if Delia deliberatly devalued their stock in the club by lowering the valuation of her stake for a quick sale...not all shareholders are wealthy enough to be able to take this hit in the short term, particularly given the current financial climate...

sorry, one of the richest women in the country, and best advised in the business world is bound to make a killing from any investment she has made.

" If we do another book and series we might have enough money for a striker"-the most infuriating thing she has ever said.

"We know nothing about football" -

"Lots of lovely new investment" -

thats some of the rubbish things she has said. In deed, employing Hamilton, Grant, Roeder, Worthington ( - out) and now Mr Cheap cheep and not so cheerfull.

we need a miracle

The womens a leech! far from leaving a good legacy,she will leave us bankrupt and in the worst position the club has ever been in! yeah ill applaud that!!!! Jesus man.....wake up!

[quote user="Pompey_88"]Over the past weeks i have read all the bashing of Delia and think its time to put my points across. So many of you seem to be jumping on the ''we want delia out'' band wagon and its pathetic and shows the that you do not want Norwich City FC to be succesfull. People who call her such things as a ''witch'' are no better than trash and you should be ashamed. 1. It''s been said again and again but there was no one else out there who put the money up to save this football club. 2. Everytime the football club has needed money - when she can afford it she has put it in - yes its not the billions of the other clubs but its a high percentage of what she has worked so hard to earn. 3. No one can deny her affection and love for the football club - shes their week in week out with unassailable passion. 4. Of course she will sell - WHEN ITS RIGHT AND SAFE FOR THE CLUB - if we sold out to foreign investors the family club we know well and love would quickly disappear I feel its ridiculously childish some of the things said about the ''witch'' and although there are frustrations towards the board to make her the scape goat is unjust and unfair on the individual. Support the club and Norwich FC will improve OTBC[/quote]

i don''t care about being a family club, rather be a club of dirty backstabbing do anything to win sort of club.

sure i read delia gave gunn a hug on saturday thats pathetic should of slapped his big bold head. 

[quote user="barryevans"]

i don''t care about being a family club, rather be a club of dirty backstabbing do anything to win sort of club.

sure i read delia gave gunn a hug on saturday thats pathetic should of slapped his big bold head. 

[/quote]

40 naked lashes on the pitch!

[quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"][quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="johnjohnjohnnyjohn"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Pompey_88"]Look im trying to get the view that shes an angel - but i feel it is very unfair to have this abuse directed at one person, i personally find it all very boring how they think ''getting rid of the witch'' will change things that quickly. We lose 7-1 - a total shambles, shocking performance from 9 of the players and what is the reaction a demonsration outside shouting ''We want Delia out''. 2 hours before there was optimism that the club had freshened things up and taking a risk to get promotion straight away (7k on Hughes) OTBC[/quote]she has dragged this club to it s lowest ever position,worst debt and givens us the worst set of managers in the clubs history!Good Work![/quote]

I agreee CC. I see what pompey''s saying about putting all the blame on her, but as top dog at CR she''s the one who could have changed the situation for the better a long time ago. But she failed to do so, therefore is the one that will be targeted.

[/quote]

Understandable.  If you are the one at the top then people will blame you for everything at the club

Pompey does have a point and doesnt deserve the abuse - he''s only giving his opinion.  The mistakes have been made by a board of which DS and MWJ are only 2 members - and thats not even a majority.  In actual reality, Doncaster, Munby et al are just as responsible for the mess we''re in....in fact if you trace the start of our slide down to Mike Walker and Chris Sutton''s departures then Robert Chase is just as culpable.  He''s only remembered with rose tinted glasses because of the fact his ''reign'' coincided with the best squad this club ever had - Chase had even less ambition than Delia because we HAD money then

If we get rid of Delia, then what?  Who comes in?  No Sir Arthur South to come to our rescue this time.  Administration?  10 point penalty aside, it COULD work - but it could just as easily go wrong and Norwich could go the way of Aldershot or Newport County.  Southampton came within a gnats testicle of going bust - Newcastle cant find a buyer - Portsmouth are struggling and theyre in the lucrative Premier League

Things need to change, and they will do.  However it shouldnt happen without thought of the potential cost

[/quote]

Yeah, that''s the issue. Right now buyers aren''t going ot be interested due to a very high valuation on the club. When the debt is also considered it makes it incredibly expensive for anyone to take on. No one here wants us to suffer from administration but it seems that while her and hubby won''t sell up, we''re not going to improve.

[/quote]I wish people would stop spurting on about the ''very high'' valuation ever since Cullum first became interested. As much as one may want Delia out, the price she gave for the club included the debt as well as 20 million into the playing squad. The ACTUAL price of the club was something like 16 million, which is not hugely overpriced, but may need re-thinking due to the division we''re in. The chances are, no one is going to be interested in us in League One anyway.