Sign in to follow this  
?

Well, it Helped me feel Better...

4th November 1992:

Blacburn 7 - 1 Norwich

And we still went on the finish third in the Premier.

13th September 2008:

Shrewsbury 7 - 0 Gillingham

And we all know what happened in the playoffs that year.

1st April 2009:

Bolivia 6 - 1 Argentina

And the Argies will still go on to qualify for the World Cup, inevitably doing better than England do.

I''m as angry as the next man, and was as stunned as i''ve ever been by the result and performance on Saturday, but these freak results are a fact of football. One game does not define a season.

Chin up people...

I guess it''s the timing that hurts most - when our hopes were up after a positive pre-season, and so many positive purchases had been made... makes you wonder if, as a unit, they''ll be able to recover from this any time soon.

Obviously it was a freak result... but there are a lot of knives that are gonna be very sharp if this team doesn''t respond in some way against Yeovil... I''d even accept a loss *if* we played well or showed some signs of recovering. Another disaster and we''re *all* gonna be getting the kitchen cutlery out!

I just hope Gunn has the guts to effectively drop most of the team and try out all the other players that didn''t get a chance last game - Askou, Hughes, Adeyemi, McDonald, Maric.

Shame about some of the idiotic responses we''re seeing though.

Anger i can understand, because i share it. Deflation and disappointment too. As you said, the timing of that abject display was awful. It was imperative that we start well...

But hoping we lose? The vitriol? Pitch invasions? Boycotts? Because of one game? Seriously?

Yes, it was one hell of a shocking result, and when added to that trash we''ve watched for the last few seasons you can understand the fans being at the end of their tether. But a few days ago we were all optimistic.

What i don''t understand is how one result, even a result such as Saturdays, suddenly means that we''re utterly hopeless, that the season is a write off, and that players we were all rating a few days ago are suddenly useless.

It''s one result...

A win on Saturday and it''s better than two draws.

[quote]I just hope Gunn has the guts to effectively drop most of the team and

try out all the other players that didn''t get a chance last game -

Askou, Hughes, Adeyemi, McDonald, Maric.[/quote]It would take more guts to stick with the players that screwed up if you ask me.  If they screwed up again, people would be seriously questioning his judgement.

[quote user="QuestionMark"]Shame about some of the idiotic responses we''re seeing though.

Anger i can understand, because i share it. Deflation and disappointment too. As you said, the timing of that abject display was awful. It was imperative that we start well...

But hoping we lose? The vitriol? Pitch invasions? Boycotts? Because of one game? Seriously?

Yes, it was one hell of a shocking result, and when added to that trash we''ve watched for the last few seasons you can understand the fans being at the end of their tether. But a few days ago we were all optimistic.

What i don''t understand is how one result, even a result such as Saturdays, suddenly means that we''re utterly hopeless, that the season is a write off, and that players we were all rating a few days ago are suddenly useless.

It''s one result...

A win on Saturday and it''s better than two draws.[/quote]I think your argument is a bit hypocritical, on one hand you say that you understand fans being at the end of there tether but previously call them idiots for the knee jerk reaction? You also say that''s just one game and it doesn''t matter but then admit that it''s not just one diabolical game and that the game added to the last several year of diabolical performances.It''s been the same old story every season since relegation from the premiership, pre-season of selling good players, replacing with cheaper imitations, which are then touted as the next best thing and then ultimately disappointment as we find out we''ve yet again been conned by the Carrow Road PR machine. The result on Saturday was not just one game but the result of the last 4 years of frustration, many fans are just fed up and no longer willing to put up with this utter crap. The manner of the game and result just simply summed up exactly what I expected from Norwich, all talk and no substance. This season however instead of the usual sinking feeling, it''s a lead balloon straight to the bottom. In an instant all the belief and hope is gone because we all know that yet AGAIN it''s probably going to be the same old rubbish every week and a battle at the wrong end of the table. A win on Saturday would be good but it proves nothing, merely that we can beat what was recently a League 2 team.Saturday however merely reinforced what we''ve come to expect from Norwich and ultimately the straw that broke the camel''s back.

"It would take more guts to stick with the players that screwed up if you ask me.  If they screwed up again, people would be seriously questioning his judgement."

I''d have thought the standard response would be to keep a stable team and allow them to prove themselves... that''s going to (and should) happen with Theo, but he should be the exception, rather than the rule!