Sign in to follow this  
CANARY CHARGE

makes me laugh people think this was a freak result!

We are getting what we deserve,you buy with peanuts u get monkeys! This club is run so bad,im shocked. How is delia still in post? Why after all the managers she puts herself in this position, employing a mate dosent work. Please wake up!

If you don''t think it was a freak result, how much do you want to bet we don''t lose by 6 goals for the rest of the season?

[quote user="dhickl"]If you don''t think it was a freak result, how much do you want to bet we don''t lose by 6 goals for the rest of the season?[/quote]

Charlton then colchester! the clubs a joke, delia is the master clown!

[quote user="dhickl"]If you don''t think it was a freak result, how much do you want to bet we don''t lose by 6 goals for the rest of the season?[/quote]ok slightly freaky! lol

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Unless we draw Chelsea in a cup ;) then we could see history remade![/quote]I would still bet that we don''t lose by 6, even if we got Manure in th FA Cup and Chelsea in the league cup.

[quote user="Boyo"]The scoreline was a freak result, but not the performance. [/quote]Yes, I''m sure we will have a few more bad performances, but I was getting at th OP who was ridiculing people who said it was a freak result.

Personally I think the whole team got complacent, and this may be the wake up call they need.  We will have more bad performances, but I still believe that we will be in the playoffs in May.

Playoffs ? how are this bunch of talentless free signings going to even compete with the better teams in this division , we wont be in the top half and if that really wasnt a freak result Saturday (and i dont think it was) we could very well end up relegated.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Playoffs ? how are this bunch of talentless free signings going to even compete with the better teams in this division , we wont be in the top half and if that really wasnt a freak result Saturday (and i dont think it was) we could very well end up relegated.[/quote]you buy with peanuts u get monkeys!

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="Lincs CR"]Unless we draw Chelsea in a cup ;) then we could see history remade![/quote]I would still bet that we don''t lose by 6, even if we got Manure in th FA Cup and Chelsea in the league cup.[/quote]

Oh I think we would, easily let in 6. Playing like we did Saturday against one of them two we wouldn''t get out of own half.

Don''t forget we didn''t manage a shot on target until an hour had gone.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Playoffs ? how are this bunch of talentless free signings going to even compete with the better teams in this division , we wont be in the top half and if that really wasnt a freak result Saturday (and i dont think it was) we could very well end up relegated.[/quote]you buy with peanuts u get monkeys![/quote] Yes and we hardly spent that many peanuts assembling this crap squad , funniest thing i have seen today was a piece in the Mirror which said Bryan Gunns expensively assembled squad , laughable , Southampton spent more today on one player than our entire 12 cost .

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Playoffs ? how are this bunch of talentless free signings going to even compete with the better teams in this division , we wont be in the top half and if that really wasnt a freak result Saturday (and i dont think it was) we could very well end up relegated.[/quote]you buy with peanuts u get monkeys![/quote] Yes and we hardly spent that many peanuts assembling this crap squad , funniest thing i have seen today was a piece in the Mirror which said Bryan Gunns expensively assembled squad , laughable , Southampton spent more today on one player than our entire 12 cost .[/quote]

i will except walnuts!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]We are getting what we deserve,you buy with peanuts u get monkeys! This club is run so bad,im shocked. How is delia still in post? Why after all the managers she puts herself in this position, employing a mate dosent work. Please wake up!
[/quote]

I guess a week is a long time in football!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1789386/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]We are getting what we deserve,you buy with peanuts u get monkeys! This club is run so bad,im shocked. How is delia still in post? Why after all the managers she puts herself in this position, employing a mate dosent work. Please wake up![/quote]

I guess a week is a long time in football!

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1789386/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

you really are a little troll!the facts are there,of course i was excited.....show me a fan who wasnt!Now show me a fan who thinks Gunn has assembled a good squad!Now go play with the traffic, we would be better off with out you!

It WAS a freak result unless you are consistently going to gift four goals to the oppo in every game and Semmy intends to do suicidal back passes like that (if Theo had managed to punch it that would have resulted in a free kick to us if Semmy was the last player to touch the ball and, no, I can''t be arsed to look at it again).

Yes, he spilled the second.

But, hey, The Great Useless Lumpo had kept lumbering on and was on hand to put away the spill.

What pisses me off is not the 7-1 nonsense (which IS nonsense unless you intend to play like that all season) but the fact we were on hand to put away the chances you gave us and scored three decent goals from distance which appears unacknowledged in the blood letting on here and by the commentators.  Blondie''s goal a great strike.

This is what happens when you are up against a big club I guess. [;)]

If you want another example of inept goalkeeping at a cost of near a million go get the DVD of Sheffield  4 Norwich City 1 and enjoy Mavid Darshall''s attempt.  Far worse in my opinion than Theo''s unhappy debut.

Great rocket header by OTJ - great reaction save.

And this on a group constantly moaning about missed chances.[:@][;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

It WAS a freak result unless you are consistently going to gift four goals to the oppo in every game and Semmy intends to do suicidal back passes like that (if Theo had managed to punch it that would have resulted in a free kick to us if Semmy was the last player to touch the ball and, no, I can''t be arsed to look at it again).

Yes, he spilled the second.

But, hey, The Great Useless Lumpo had kept lumbering on and was on hand to put away the spill.

What pisses me off is not the 7-1 nonsense (which IS nonsense unless you intend to play like that all season) but the fact we were on hand to put away the chances you gave us and scored three decent goals from distance which appears unacknowledged in the blood letting on here and by the commentators.  Blondie''s goal a great strike.

This is what happens when you are up against a big club I guess. [;)]

If you want another example of inept goalkeeping at a cost of near a million go get the DVD of Sheffield  4 Norwich City 1 and enjoy Mavid Darshall''s attempt.  Far worse in my opinion than Theo''s unhappy debut.

Great rocket header by OTJ - great reaction save.

And this on a group constantly moaning about missed chances.[:@][;)]

[/quote]i thought platt looked very good! i thought tj did ok.......but off the back off charlton,was it so freakish?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]We''ve spent a lot more peanuts than the majority of sides in this division[/quote]

We also had a lot less monkeys than most sides in this division prior to feeding time.  Therefore we needed a whole box of nuts rather than just a jumbo sized bag.

In all fairness though, the scoreline could actually have been WORSE. Naturally I''m glad it wasn''t, but Colchester had two gilt-edged chances at the start of the second half and spurned them both.

On another day Theo might not have flapped around as much like a drunken baboon but Colchester could just have easily punished us with their other chances

I will acknowledge that Col U looked a good side, Camul. I think the result was a combination of your team being up for it and playing some good football and our shower being dire and expecting to be able to just turn up and be handed the match on a plate.