Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

who thinks it will call come good ?

i for 1 still think well get promoted, and has just made a bet with the increased odds of 14-1 :) !

i think it was just the whole occasion, and the players completely bottled it, we proved in pre season were a decent enough side, fair enough a friendly is a friendly, but the case is we must have played the right football to score the goals, and to defend the goals, and play a decent game of footy !

i think all this gunn out, theoklitos out, board out is all a bit uncalled for ?

most of you were exited of the prospect of the signings and the season ahead, just get behind the boys ?

Yes, i agree, give it a few more games then we will see if the call for Gunns head is needed.

I''m not at all sure. All I can say is that Mr G is certainly not a tactical genius. If he is, why did he leave it so long to make changes on Saturday? I think Theo should have been taken off at halftime too.

It wouldn''t surprise me if the reason for Crook/Butterworth bust up was that it was Crook''s pre-season tactics that got totally changed... at least he has some tactical ability unlike Butters and Gunn.

If Gunn and Butterworth start taking Crook''s tactics and ideas into practice we might stand a chance, if not we will continue to sink I fear :(

I have a niggling doubt which concerns the quality of one or two we have signed - Theo obviously, but also Nelson, who seems to have much of his quality since Butterworth worked with him.It is difficult to judge the others.If we had not conceded so early at Colchester, who knows how they might have blossomed? T-J had good reports on tackling and use of the ball, but this did not appear. So also Gill. They both "collapsed"when we conceded so many so quickly.It''s very difficult to keep you own game going, especially as a newcomer, when the defence is conceding from virtually every attack.Spillane wasn''t on the pitch, Adayemi and Hughes were not playing, and we have Maric in reserve, as well as Wiggins.If the staff can sort out the defensive frailties and get them to maintain commitment and concentration, I think that we have sufficient quality to make a good impression, but I think that realistically we will probably do well to get in the top six.

[quote]If the staff can sort out the defensive frailties and get them to

maintain commitment and concentration, I think that we have sufficient

quality to make a good impression, but I think that realistically we

will probably do well to get in the top six.[/quote]That''s an accurate impression.  They key thing is to keep a clean sheet tonight.  Get a clean sheet and in the second half the result will take care of itself, our lads should be fitter than theirs after all.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

Promotion is already out of the question imo.

[/quote]

That''s a ridiculous thing to say after 1 game.

[/quote]

We shall see.

"We shall see."

It''s ridiculous whether hindsight proves you right or wrong - the sentiment of predicting another 50+ football results on the basis of one, shows you understand very little of the nature of the game.

I''ve still enough pragmatism or blind, foolish optimism or faith (whatever you want to call it) to hope this season isn''t a right off just yet... that''s **hope** for lack of failure, not a definitive statement of success... after all, that would be stupid to call after one game... ;)

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

Promotion is already out of the question imo.

[/quote]

That''s a ridiculous thing to say after 1 game.

[/quote]

Cherub does not need benchmarks to say ridiculous things.[:D]

BBG heres my thoughts,IMO Theoklitos had the confidence ripped out of him after the first mistake and looked very poor but he is only human and maybe nerves just got the better of him he should get another chance to prove himself but i''m not sure if he''s up to it,Delia should have sold up three years ago and needs to leave but as we all know she doesn''t want to and we can''t force her out as much as she deserves to be forced out, and finally,Mr Gunn,he is not a manager and never should have got the job,as i''ve said on other threads after his promise to build us a team of contracted players and then his subsequent dealings in the summer i was ok with and felt he had earnt the right to have 10 games to prove his worth and that he had learnt from his mistakes last season and indeed learnt about tactics,after Saturday he proved one thing,he''s learnt nothing and as other posters on here have said he stood frozen on the sidelines and didn''t have a clue what to do,he should of changed it after the third goal but just let the slaughter continue,he''s won 3 games in 20, helped us get relegated to league 1 and masterminded the worst home defeat in the clubs history,will leaving him in the position be the biggest mistake of the Cooks reign or will it be the catalyst for success we all crave? Your last line about just get behind the boys has been used by so many over the last few years and i will reply to that in the same way, we all get behind the boys every bloody game, season after ruddy season and it makes no difference!!,why? maybe because we have the wrong manager,maybe we have a poor team but at the moment we are at another crossroads and none of us can guess where we will end up.I admire your optimism and hope that we get the team we deserve but you can''t blame fans for their calls for change because lets face it things are not looking good already and yes it''s only one game of this season but add it to all the other no shows and let downs over the past five years and you can surely forgive fans for their lack of patience!!

Who honestly knows?All i know is, i saw a completely different performance against Wigan than i did against Colchester. Inconsistency is something which can damage any team in this league, or any other for that matter, so it''s important we sort it out. Maybe it was just the occasion, and i think all the pre-season optimism made the result seem even worse. Did we, the club as a whole, begin to get a bit too complacent? Probably.As someone previously said, a clean sheet tonight can do wonders. I think Theo should play again, if he can keep a clean sheet it will do wonders to what must be a shattered confidence. The same back four? I don''t think Semmy should play for the club again - but that''s my opinion. I also feel Doc and Nelson as a partnership is to slow, and distinctly average strikers such as Lisbie showed how a little bit of pace and trickery can cut right through us. Askou? Either way, i hope we come out of this the right way. Gunn shouldn''t leave after one defeat, those that say that are probably acting a bit too irrationally. Give him tonight, give him the chance to put things right. We will see....

Despite the score line we lost 3 points at the end of the day. If we get 2 wins in our next league matches we will be well up the table.