Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

My team for the Yeovil game

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]                 Prior   

Strauss    Cook    Bopara   Bell

Collingwood Onions   Broad   Swann

Harminson    Anderson

[/quote]

Youve got to have Broad centre half, and Swann left wing? Hes about as slow as Nelson!

"--------------Theoklitos---------------Spillane--Doherty--Askou--Drury-----Smith--Hughes--Adeyemi--Lappin-----------Maric---McDonald--------Theoklitos = To regain his confidence away from home, give him a chance in a game that matters less than the league.Spillane = No explanaiton neededDoherty = Dumic is unavailableDrury = Wiggins is still injured right..Smith = To get him match fitHughes = Needs match fitness, deserves a chanceAdeyemi = Earned the right to playLappin = Keep Hoolahan fresh and give Lappin a chanceMaric = Deserves a chance to see what he can doMcDonald = Earned the right to play"This is bang on, if you ask me...

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"][quote user="Canaryfan7"]

Theo

Spillane           Askou     Nelson      Drury

Whaley           Hughes     Adeyemi   Lappin

Maric      Cody

[/quote]

Probably agree with that on the whole...

[/quote]Put Hoolahan and Wiggins in.Put Dejan and Askou in if that''s okay, and maybe Rudd for Theo and save the poor Aussie for the next league game, unless Rudd is particularly brilliant later today

[quote user="hurricane"]I would stick with the same team as saturday.........and keep playing them juat to see if we are really that bad.[/quote]that isn''t a bad plan, but no offence to the league cup, it will still be viewed as somewhat an unimportant fixture. We''ve gotta see if the team can perform on a competitive level for once and when it really matters.

TheoSpillaneDocAskouDruryWhaleyAdyemiGillMcVieghHoltMcDonaldSubsAlnwickSmithMaricLappinNelsonHughesMartini didn`t see the debacle on saturday as on holiday(thank god) but i think this is the side gunn will probably go with agree with most that theo must be given a chance to redeem himself and gain some confidence,young tom has earned his chance, gill in because hughes not fit to start yet and i think OTJ is off with wales.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

DO, same team as mine, but with Holt up front instead of Maric and maybe OTJ in for Hughes. I would have Rusty, Alnwich or Rudd, Maric, Mcveigh, Hughes, Lappin, Maric on the bench.

I would go for a slightly different formation of.

Theo

Spillane   Askou   Doc   Drury

OTJ      Adeyemi

Wally               

Hoolahoop

Cody

Holt

[/quote]

Good Team [Y]

CB Doherty - he is not a bad defender, despite current feeling. He needs to have faith with who he is playing with though.

Sorry but this is complete rubbish , he is a shocking defender. Can not believe some people are saying he should still be in the team. Joke !!

Theo will play and T-J will be away. That much we know.The problems in defence. Spillane must replace Otsemobor, who has one good game in what, 10? At CB Askou must play. If Stephanovich was fit, I would play him. So I would have to choose between Nelson and Doc, and I feel that there is not much to choose. A Year or two Nelson would have got it, but he seems to have lost something during the intervening years.In Midfield, Adayemi will replace T-J, and the only decision is whether Hughes will replace Gill, which is a close call. Hooly and Whaley play.In attack Holt did enough and Martin may get the nod before Cody, because of the need to operate partly left midfield. But Maric or Cody must come from the bench early if things are not going well.I am assuming that Wiggins is still not fit, but Gunny could give Smith a brief run, and McVeigh. An away game, especially with the important league game coming on Saturday may mean that one or two youngsters could be given a brief appearance.

OTJ is with Wales so he won''t be playing, so we know there will be one change in the middle of the park, i reckon adeyemi will get the nod. I think tactically we were poor on saturday with Holt and Martin often isolated, and whilst uninspiring i think a flat 4-4-2 with Maric/Holt(Our Platt) and Mcdonald (Our Lisbie), would be far more effective as was proven at the weekend.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]

Theo

Spillane           Askou     Nelson      Drury

Whaley           Hughes     Adeyemi   Lappin

Maric      Cody

[/quote]

Swap Whaley For Hoolahan And Holt For Maric :)