Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

My team for the Yeovil game

Theo

Spillane           Askou     Nelson      Drury

Whaley           Hughes     Adeyemi   Lappin

Maric      Cody

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]

Theo

Maric      Cody

[/quote]

Thats pretty much how I''d have it, but i would have Smith in for Adeyemi

Theo

Spillane           Askou     Doc      Drury

Whaley           Hughes     Adeyemi   Hoolahan

Holt      Cody

[/quote]if we had another RB Doc would be out

Will Rusty get a look in? I may be the only one, but if his head is right, then he is one of the few players who are champ quality that I know of at this stage. Still would have OTJ and Adeyemi in my team andhave Rusty on the bench. I think. It''s so hard when we don''t see them in training and only in one shower of dog turd game.

Theo

Maric      Cody

[/quote]

Probably agree with that on the whole...

I reckon:

Theo

Spillane                          Askou                                    Doherty                   Drury

Whaley                          Hughes                                Adeyemi                      Hoolahan

Maric                                        Cody

Subs: Alnwick, Dumic, Holt, Smith, Tudur-Jones, Otsemobor, Lappin.

DO, same team as mine, but with Holt up front instead of Maric and maybe OTJ in for Hughes. I would have Rusty, Alnwich or Rudd, Maric, Mcveigh, Hughes, Lappin, Maric on the bench.

I would go for a slightly different formation of.

Theo

Spillane   Askou   Doc   Drury

OTJ      Adeyemi

Wally               

Hoolahoop

Cody

Holt

You either play the whole sorry bunch from Saturday in the hope that they may redeem themselves or get the broom out and play:

Alnwick

Spillane            Dumic               Askou         Drury

Whaley            Adeyemi            Hughes      Hoolahan

Holt                        Mcdonald

Why on earth has everybody still got Theoklitos in goal after the worst goalkeeping display I''ve ever seen by a Norwich goalkeeper?

ALNWICK

Ossy       NELSON         ASKOU          DRURY

WHALLEY    OTJ      HUGHES          HOOLAHAN

HOLT         CODY

MARIC (TO COME ON FOR HOLT)

ADEMYI

DOC

WHIGGINS IF FIT

RUSSELL

GILL

RUDD

[quote user="JTG"]Why on earth has everybody still got Theoklitos in goal after the worst goalkeeping display I''ve ever seen by a Norwich goalkeeper?
[/quote]

Because it isn''t a league game, it allows him to get on the pitch asap and show he is capable and restore some confidence. If we just put him on the bench/reserves he will just rot for the next couple of years and then if he is called upon he will be so nervous it would be yesterday all over again. The best thing for him is to get back out get some more game time and put saturday to the back of his mind.

theo

spillane              askou        doherty        drury

whaley               russell        adeyemi    hoolahan

holt           cody

subs,alwick,nelson,lappin,hughes,gill,maric,cureton

---------------Theoklitos---------------Spillane--Doherty--Askou--Drury-----Smith--Hughes--Adeyemi--Lappin-----------Maric---McDonald--------Theoklitos = To regain his confidence away from home, give him a chance in a game that matters less than the league.Spillane = No explanaiton neededDoherty = Dumic is unavailableDrury = Wiggins is still injured right..Smith = To get him match fitHughes = Needs match fitness, deserves a chanceAdeyemi = Earned the right to playLappin = Keep Hoolahan fresh and give Lappin a chanceMaric = Deserves a chance to see what he can doMcDonald = Earned the right to play

It all depends on Gunn''s thoughts on the Carling Cup because to be honest, i wouldnt care if we were knocked out but a few players got a run out and played well, for example, Maric, Adeyemi, Spillaine, Cody etc.

Or we could beg Stefanovic to stay because he is a better defender than Doc and Nelson - hands down - no competition - end of. Then we could let Spillane play at RB and be rid of all the deadwood.

Theo

Spillane     Askou    Stefanovic   Wiggins (Drury if not fit)

Whaley     Hughes    Adeyemi   Hoolahan

Maric       Cody

Common sense should dictate that we pick Alnwick in goal if we can but we have gone with Theo and considering its a cup game its a good chance with less pressure to give him another game.

Give Hoolahan licence to step in but insist Whaley stays out side.

Alnwick/Rudd - Nelson - Drury/Wiggins - Lappin - OTJ - Gill - Holt - Martin

Or we could .... or ..... or better still ..... or on the other hand ...... It''s quite obvious what to do. Everyone has picked the same team.You see .... this manager job is a piece of cake.

Whilst you can argue nothing much rests on the Yeovil game, in terms of Gunn''s career a hell of a lot does. Think he will tend towards safety and choose from those he knows well and who have cut it at Championship level:: Doherty, Drury, Lappin, Adeyemi, Smith, Hoolahan and McDonald. Lappin is no full back but he can defend as well as put in a good corner kick adn the number one priority tomorrow is not to ship in more goals. The inconsistent Otsemobor may well lose out to Spillane but we are clearly short of good defenders - which may just convince Gunn that to play Theo is a massive risk.

GK Theo - he needs this chance to begin to win faith and his confidence. We drop him now and it will take months to reintegrate him.

RB Spillane - give the lad a chance, Semmy is a very poor player

LB Drury - A good player at this level

CB Askou - give him a chance to state his case.

CB Doherty - he is not a bad defender, despite current feeling. He needs to have faith with who he is playing with though.

RM Whaley - he will come good.

LM Hoolahan - poor performance but lets bed him in and he will settle. One of our few Championship quality players

CM Hughes - a good player

CM Gill - Adeyemi not quite ready

CF McDonald - good at this level. He will score us goals

CF Holt - we have to get this man scoring and playing others through.

RuddSpillane Dorothy Askou Lappin        OTJ Hughes Adeyemi Whaley                       Hoolahan                   Maric             Subs: Alnwick, McDonald, McVeigh, Martin, Gill, Drury, Holt.

If Stefanovic wants to play I''d use him instead of Dorothy.