Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- Doherty: We are laughing stock after U's rout

Oh really Gary, why do you think that is? To be more accurate  ''We are laughing stock as we''re stupid enough to stick with you, season after season''

Go away Gary - I''ll never step into another sporting arena to watch the Canaries if you are in the squad or team again.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I wish Doc would shut his face, I really do. [:(]
[/quote]

On or off the pitch he really is a major liability.

Completely agree the biggest joke ever at Carrow road. Can''t believe he has the cheek to come out and talk about that dross on Saturday and take no liability for it. He is the biggest laughing stock since Dean coney !!

Repeating myself from other posts but the Doc has been our most consistent player of the last 2/3 seasons, should have won player of the season last year, yes he had a bad game saturday but Nelson was so much worse, and Doc will prove again that he will be one of our best players again this season

really don''t understand this , can''t see how you feel he has been our most consistent player. Everyone I know who doesn''t even support Norwich keep telling me how poor they think Doherty is after watching games. Bet you notice a difference in the team if he doesn''t play for 5 or 6 games !!

is this the same difference that was meant to happen when Tiny Taylor was in the team when Doc was injured and we actually conceded more goals during that period then we did with Doc?

[quote user="Nicky F"]really don''t understand this , can''t see how you feel he has been our most consistent player. Everyone I know who doesn''t even support Norwich keep telling me how poor they think Doherty is after watching games. Bet you notice a difference in the team if he doesn''t play for 5 or 6 games !![/quote]

He did not start last season.   The defence was still a joke and conceeded far more needless penalties.  Over any 5 game period as poor as Doc has been he has consistently outperformed any central defensive partner - what does that say about them???? 

The coaching and organisation has to be so much better... and we have to start defending from the front - and actually get a midfield - its been awol for 2 seasons now

[quote user="Nicky F"]Bet you notice a difference in the team if he doesn''t play for 5 or 6 games !![/quote]

Like the last two seasons when he''s had fairly lengthy spells out injured, you mean?

I think this is a complete crack up , keep backing him boys keep backing him. I agree we have desperately missed a holding midfield player ever since Safri left but he really is a poor player and while he remains playing for Norwich City I find it hard to see us keeping clean sheets and being successful

But you said our performances would improve without him. The stats from the last two seasons when he had spells out injured prove otherwise. There is no debate there, you are just wrong.

So who would you rather have in? Nelson looked awful on Saturday and extremely slow, Stefanovic isnt fit and after last season when he played and we conceded the most penalties, mainly thanks to him, Spillane is needed at RB which leaves Doc and Askou who i havent seen yet and have had mixed reports on, some say he looks good whilst others say he lacks pace which only leaves the youngsters and i dont think its the right time for them. So in my opinion Doc is the best option at the minute and im sure he will prove his doubters wrong againI also think is shows what a good job Clingan did last year and until we get someone who can sit there and break play up like him or Saf then we may struggle

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]So who would you rather have in? Nelson looked awful on Saturday and extremely slow, Stefanovic isnt fit and after last season when he played and we conceded the most penalties, mainly thanks to him, Spillane is needed at RB which leaves Doc and Askou who i havent seen yet and have had mixed reports on, some say he looks good whilst others say he lacks pace which only leaves the youngsters and i dont think its the right time for them. So in my opinion Doc is the best option at the minute and im sure he will prove his doubters wrong againI also think is shows what a good job Clingan did last year and until we get someone who can sit there and break play up like him or Saf then we may struggle[/quote]

I agree he is the best option at the moment...but that says alot! we truly are a laughing stock!

[quote user="Nicky F"]I think this is a complete crack up , keep backing him boys keep backing him. I agree we have desperately missed a holding midfield player ever since Safri left but he really is a poor player and while he remains playing for Norwich City I find it hard to see us keeping clean sheets and being successful[/quote]

Doc was attrcious on sat - but once again he was not the worst defender on show.  Whether doc plays or not we do not defend with any organisation or conviction, we lose games conceed silly pens and goals and dont take points - whether he is on the pitch or not.    As for clean sheets - a quick look at the stats last season shows that doc did not play in the first 11 games (the onbly period I  qucikly knew he did not play) - and only we 2 had clean sheets - were those 9 games where we conceeded his fault too??

The contention was that there is a difference when he does not play, that we defend better,  win more points and conceed fewer goals - results and facts clearly show that it does not make a ounce of difference - we are appalling at defending whether he is there or not.   

Think he is just being honest when asked a question and as part of his role as captain is to answer the local presses questions. Surely its better he says this rather than glossing over it all or refusing to comment which im sure wouldnt go down well with lots on here: "Captain refuses to speak".; "he needs to stand up and be counted" which im sure is some of the responses he would have got on here if he had taken this route. I havent seen Theo get much stick for his comments yesterday though i may have missed them in the other posts

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]
I also think is shows what a good job Clingan did last year and until we get someone who can sit there and break play up like him or Saf then we may struggle
[/quote]

Really?  so the sheer numbers of goals conceeded by CLingan consistently not tracking the scoring midfielder into the box or failing to close down the playing coming through the centre of thepitch were a figment of my imagination??

As I said on another post - we need to defend as a team and for the last two seasons our midfield HAS been AWOL - and given the number of appearances clingan had that includes him 

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Whatever the stats do or do not suggest about past performances he was outstandingly bad in a very poor team on Saturday.[/quote]

No-one has said otherwise have they?

Doherty has been  the only consistent member of the team for the last 4 years.In which time we have been relegated twice and survived relegation another time.Now I know there are 10 other players out there with him but doesn''t it seem weird that things have gone downhill since he arrived.   He gives away silly fouls inside and outside the box (was back to his best on Saturday with his octopus arms) and has been sent off on a few occasions for his poor timing in the tackle.    He was skinned by a kid against Man U and made to conceed a pen and then fell to floor when trying to tackle N''Zogbia a week later.   Then he gets turned by Lisbie so easily that he wouldnt have looked out of place in a Sunday league team.Would anybody care to list his attributes ?  I dare you to.Spurs fans laughed when we paid a Million pound for Doherty and I bet they haven''t stopped since.   Don''t give me this bull about Doherty being our most consistent player for the last 2 or 3 years either because lets all be honest for a second, that is nothing to shout about.   I said this last year that if Gary Doherty is our best defender and most consistent then no wonder we are where we find ourselves today.    Worthy, Grant, Roeder and Gunny have all fallen for this guy and look where that got them.

I agree with the fact we do not really have many other options at the moment but think they should have released him in the summer ( probably the highest paid player at the club ) and got a better centre half in. Can''t understand why they didn''t get Shackell back when he is not even in the third team where he is and could have got him for next to nothing.

I think this is fantastic. According to this Doherty logic, we should sign players as long as they are slightly better than our worst players. And certainly Doc aint as bad as semmy, so we''re fine then, no problems....

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]Whatever the stats do or do not suggest about past performances he was outstandingly bad in a very poor team on Saturday.[/quote]

No-one has said otherwise have they?

[/quote]

Have I said they have? [:D]

[quote user="Fellas"]I think this is fantastic. According to this Doherty logic, we should sign players as long as they are slightly better than our worst players. And certainly Doc aint as bad as semmy, so we''re fine then, no problems....[/quote]

?

Best post I have read today , so true and to the point. Can not understand why everyone linked to the club does not see it !!