Sign in to follow this  
matt crowhurst

Good win or 'its only yeovil'

I''ll take a 4-0 against any team in the same division as us.

a good win.. we were on the ropes after Saturday and have come back very well from that.. Yeovil are also in our division and beating them might have a psycological impact for the league meetings.. especially as we have had a high score.

jas d:)

Only Yeovil?  A decent team with a win under their belt in our division and we have effing destroyed them.Saturday looks like a blip, and a lot of people are going to look a little silly for over-reacting.

Bit of both.

Good result after the weekend but we''ll play better sides than Yeovil this season (like we did at the weekend against Colchester).

Of course it''s a good win, it''s never easy to travel that far and get a win especially by that margin.  Yeovil aren''t the best team but they arent easy to beat.

It cant really be ''its only Yeovil'' as they are in our league so the type of teams we have to beat. However ''its only the league cup'' is more valid. If we can repeat it on Saturday then very good.

Awesome! Just exactly what was needed... was worried they wouldn''t recover from Saturday, but they''ve really pulled their finger out!

Great result. 4-0 against a team in THE SAME LEAGUE AS US (so ''only yeovil'' doesn''t really apply), after a performance like Saturday.

good win, lets look at our usual away form and our usual cup form, what with that and the weekends disaster, this is a massive result for the fans and the players confidence.

Yep - they''re in our league and we won 4-0.That''s all that matters in this game. Maybe the pressure was off because it was a cup game, no points involved, or maybe they just came up with the goods because they knew how badly they''d screwed up on Saturday.Whatever. We won!

[quote user="ref89"]Only Yeovil?  A decent team with a win under their belt in our division and we have effing destroyed them.Saturday looks like a blip, and a lot of people are going to look a little silly for over-reacting.[/quote]the over reaction was huge... it was a shock on saturday but the typical ones on here couldn''t wait to get their knives out. Well done Norwich and well done Gunny for having it about him to make some strong changes in the side.

They''re the same league as us so excellent result.

I''m glad I was very wrong in saying we''d be getting a hiding tonight, funnily enough I said we''d stuff Colchester?

It just goes to show that League One football could offer some of the most entertaining (maybe for the wrong reasons) football we''re ever likely to see.12 goals in the first 180 minutes? Mental!

As good as we could have hoped for. They are in the same league as us and won at home on saturday and it sounds like there was a noticeable gulf in class. I actually think some of pur players struggle with the pressure of playing at home with the big crowds these days and think this team looks quite nicely set up to play away with the pace of Cody and Whaley and the running of Holt. fancy us to be a handful on our travels this season.

Good win but let''s not go overboard, four points from the Exeter and Brentford games and I''ll start to believe. Already the twits on RN are talking as though we''ve won the league, will they ever learn.

Has to be seen as a good win, particularly following the farce that was Saturday.

Stupid thing is that IMO neither of Colchester or Yeovil will be in the top 6 so God alone knows where that leaves us in terms of what to expect from the season, we have to hope that Saturday will turn out to be just one of those (hugely embarrassing) blips....one of those days where too many players just froze for one reason or another.

Only real problem is where does this leave Theo....?

Good win, but we beat Barnsely 4-0 last season, that didn''t mean much in the long run, and that was a league game. And it doesn''t change the fact we lost 7-1 to Colchester at home though (and if you think i''m forgetting that soon your having a friggin'' laugh).If we win our next few league games comfortably i may be willing to back Gunn with the hope that we may not be disgracing ourselves like last saturday, but up until that point i don''t even consider him worthy of stepping into the city after the amount of disgrace he has brought upon this club.First of all though, whatever happens, i think it''s best we call an end to the Nelson - Doc partnership ever appearing again in city colours. That, along with the contracts Theokilitos, and even more so, Jon Otsemobor currently find themselves under with the club.

Given saturdays result, our generally poor away results (over years) and our usual tendency to exit cups at the earliest opportunity, you have to say it is a good win. Delighted to see Holt get a hat-trick.

[quote user="First Wizard"]A good win in a rubbish trophy, repeat in the next 3 games, and win 9 points, and it''ll help banish the Colchester nightmare.[/quote]to be fair to you wiz i expected you to still climb over city so a take my (wizard) hat off to you :-)i also agree. we should at least look at 7 points from 9 - (brentford is going to be a tough game)

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="ref89"]Only Yeovil?  A decent team with a win under their belt in our division and we have effing destroyed them.Saturday looks like a blip, and a lot of people are going to look a little silly for over-reacting.[/quote]the over reaction was huge... it was a shock on saturday but the typical ones on here couldn''t wait to get their knives out. Well done Norwich and well done Gunny for having it about him to make some strong changes in the side. [/quote]Oh God.... Did you go to the game? Please say you didn''t.The reaction was minor if you ask me.We lost 7-1, at home, in a derby (Colchester for christ sake), on the first day of the season, with a side built in the managers image. Whatever club your at, that would be enough for the majority to call for the managers head.I saw that game, and i can say i''ve honestly never seen such an appalling thing in the world of football. As soon as Colchester had the ball, our players simply remained static until the opposition had put the ball in the net.I''m sorry, but in no way could that result of been over stated by the media or fans.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="ref89"]Only Yeovil?  A decent team with a win under their belt in our division and we have effing destroyed them.

Saturday looks like a blip, and a lot of people are going to look a little silly for over-reacting.
[/quote]

the over reaction was huge... it was a shock on saturday but the typical ones on here couldn''t wait to get their knives out.

Well done Norwich and well done Gunny for having it about him to make some strong changes in the side.
[/quote]

I don''t feel silly at all for venting my anger at saturday. Losing 7-1 at home is still vastly unacceptable but I''m glad we have won 4-0 tonight and thrilled with Holty''s brace. We''re owed a performance afterall.

However it is still "only Yeovil" no matter how much pixie dust you sprinkle on it. I expect Norwich to beat teams such as them. Sorry if that sounds arrogant but am I the only one who feels like that?