Sign in to follow this  
Hackney Canary

Not going overboard or anything, but...

...is anyone else a teensy-weensy bit excited about the potential in the Holt - Cody Mac partnership?Of course, it could all go tits up, but it seems to me that for the first time in a while we''ve got the makings of an actual strike partnership: one big and strong, one with pace to burn, both with a real hunger for goals. One of the best things about them is that they both (and this happened even on S------- against C--------- U-----) work their nuts off and don''t seem to know the meaning of the phrase ''a lost cause''. I spent most of last season (Leroy aside) sitting in the stands wondering where the goals were going to come from; whisper it quietly, but this year we might just have not one but two players who expect to score. Throw in a handful from Hoops and a handful from across the midfield and we might just be in some kind of business.Now all we need to do is sort out the defence, the goalkeeper, and right midfield and we could have a challenge on our hands...(Usual caveats apply. This is Norwich we''re talking about). 

Yeh I cant wait to Eat my hat with a big helping of humble pie at the end of the season, although a nice big steaming mug of I told you so will still taste pretty damn good !Still, Cody Mac and Holt look pretty exciting I agree...Im equally excited to see Maric and even a bit more of Martin , just dont see how they will get a sniff if this works out.Wow... Striker problems at Norwich...who whoulda thought they had potential to be positive problems rather than lack of ???Bye Bye Jamie Lad Bye Bye :(

[quote user="Hackney Canary"]...is anyone else a teensy-weensy bit excited about the potential in the Holt - Cody Mac partnership?

Of course, it could all go tits up, but it seems to me that for the first time in a while we''ve got the makings of an actual strike partnership: one big and strong, one with pace to burn, both with a real hunger for goals. One of the best things about them is that they both (and this happened even on S------- against C--------- U-----) work their nuts off and don''t seem to know the meaning of the phrase ''a lost cause''. I spent most of last season (Leroy aside) sitting in the stands wondering where the goals were going to come from; whisper it quietly, but this year we might just have not one but two players who expect to score. Throw in a handful from Hoops and a handful from across the midfield and we might just be in some kind of business.

Now all we need to do is sort out the defence, the goalkeeper, and right midfield and we could have a challenge on our hands...

(Usual caveats apply. This is Norwich we''re talking about). 
[/quote]

Yes you are going overboard.  Just as Norwich and Colchester message boards did.

Most of them are young.

If either or both of them turn out to be for real, it will be our best chance at some regular offense since we had Ched.  Back then, NOBODY seemed to ever want to shoot, and when he''d get subbed in, suddenly shots would be getting taken, and as a result, goals scored.

I am impressed with Holt playing the rebounds, too.  We have not seemed to have had anyone willing or able to take advantage of those in quite some time.