Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

Surprised Hoolahan took the penalty.

I naturally thought with Clingan gone that Holt was the designated penalty taker.

Mainly because he was last year.

Maybe some of esteemed journos should ask Gunn what the sitaution is?

Or is it just the first person to scoop up the ball?

[quote user="USAcanary"]

I naturally thought with Clingan gone that Holt was the designated penalty taker.

[/quote]

Hoolahan, if he is in the team, will take your penalties.  He is your designated penalty taker.

probably first person, also i think Hoolhan had something to defend / proove / show. There are a few rumors about him giving the bird to fans ( who possibly deserved it ??? ) on Saturday post game.Maybe his desire was questioned so he stepped up.A penalty should in most eyes result in a goal, so missing one is very detremental in that some people dont want to take them what so ever.Think it shows class and resolve from Wes to have taken it and he got it :)

[quote user="Rustys 1st Touch"]In fairness, the way he took the penalty should make him first choice. Could also build up his confidence in front of goal.
[/quote]

I agree, Adams noted "two keepers wouldn''t have saved it"

Its his job to lose.

We sounded naturally edgy in the 1st half which is to be expected after Saturday.

That penalty was a big moment in our season IMHO.

I don''t even want to think of the reaction if we missed it.

After that you could hear that we started to relax, the crowd got behind the players with OTBC and we won pretty easily.

Well... it was better than his effort against us for Blackpool a couple of years ago! [Y]

[quote user="PBTC"]Well... it was better than his effort against us for Blackpool a couple of years ago! [Y]
[/quote]

Regardless, he is your designated penalty taker if in the team.[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="PBTC"]Well... it was better than his effort against us for Blackpool a couple of years ago! [Y]
[/quote]

Regardless, he is your designated penalty taker if in the team.[:|]

[/quote]

Interesting, the interaction in the following video just after we win the penalty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjBqPDwbF4

I am assuming the little chat and arm around Hoolahan after he grabs the ball is to give him info on the Yeovil goalkeeper.

Interesting ! We will never know.Wes fed the ball through to Drury who got fouled for the Peno, Wes then sprints about 10 yrds for the ball and "marches" to the spot.Either Drury was complementing the pass, asking for the ball, or settling Wes down, Drury was our team capt so maybe just giving some advice.Unfortunatly the camera man pans away when the ball hits the net as i was wanting to see Drury reaction, but he pretty much just follows the celebrationsFrom the other angle SSN, you see Adeyemi get to Wes and punch the air with Holt kinda ignoring all and Wes not really celebrating in the slightest or seeming not toI would guess that Wes was trying to proove a point, see if there are any interviews that give any tasty info over the next 48 hrs !until then I guess we will never know :)

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

I want Doherty to take it!

Wes needed an early season goal after last season. He was first choice spot kick taker at Blackpool wasn''t he, or was I imagining it? I rather thought Holt would take it after all the discussion of how many he scored last season.