Sign in to follow this  
JTG

Cody Mac

[quote user="JTG"]Sounds like he''s been watching too much of Cureton.
[/quote]So does this mean he''s going to get booed next week?

[quote user="JTG"]Sounds like he''s been watching too much of Cureton.
[/quote]

Sounds like Cody has missed some chances but at least he''s got straight back in and tried again.

Usually Jamie puts his head in his hands and wanders round doing nothing after he''s missed a chance.

He''s missed two decent chances and made a few others out of nothing.  Would say one of them he should have scored but he is young and will make him even more hungry.

was then about to post asking what the reaction would be if jamie had missed those chances? cant see how jamie puts his head down as hes normally accused of missing at least 3 easy chances a match

Sounds like Cody has missed a few but at least he''s on the shoulder of the last defender and posing a threat. In my opinion Cody and Holt could be an ideal partnership at this level.

you''d have to be a complete idiot to write off mcdonald after just a handful of misses, its a hell of talent to be able to beat the offside trap and leave the defender for dead anyway.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Sounds like Cody has missed a few but at least he''s on the shoulder of the last defender and posing a threat. In my opinion Cody and Holt could be an ideal partnership at this level.[/quote]

and remeber the chances he missed he probarly made himself! no worries there!

Holt needs a quick sharp striker to play alongside him. Sounds as if he put in a good shift and closed down defenders. It''s been a long time since we have had two strikers doing that.

Cody is quick and keen. I''m sure he will score a few goals but if he helps Holt to score than his job is done.

PS Martin is not in his league

Cody Mac and Holt will be our winning formula in regards to a "strike partnership" this season.Think Cody is probs my fav player at the moment, hes just so hungry for the ball. Can let him off missing a couple as they were not vital and he played his ass off !Cody Mac is also our top league scorer thus far this season :-p

People seem to be forgetting Jamie has missed those kind of chances year after year. Cody has played his 9th game for Norwich, is still very inexperienced at this level. He scored at the weekend, unlike Jamie seemed to stay onside more often then not when making his runs, and clearly has the hunger to make his own scoring opportunities also.

It''s a bit soon to write him off- but he doesn''t seem to have much ball control or finish as far as I can tell- hopefully it will come to him but right now he looks quick and a bit ''hit and hope'' in front of goal.Hope it all clicks into place though- he''ll be dangerous if he can get more efforts on target and and keep the ball a bit closer to his feet. Ideal candidate for a bit of coaching from Hucks I think.

Seems to me something came of his missed chances.  I don''t care if he never scores if the rebounds he creates are followed up nicely by Holt. That seems to be something we''ve lacked in recent years. The shot doesn''t go in, so everybody just wheels around and heads back the other way instead of storming in looking to capitalize on a rebound or deflection. Good on CM for taking the shots, and good on Holt for being there to spring on anything not held onto.

Listening to last nights game I feel a Cody Mc/Grant Holt partnership is the way to go. I''d like to hear from somebody who was at the game whether they played off each other as well as it sounded like they did.As for his misses last night who gives a monkeys becuase his strike partner was knocking them in. On another day Holt will be missfireing and Cody will be banging them in.