Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

if whaley doesn`t up his game soon

McVeigh will not be good enough. But Korey Smith ... I can see him becoming first choice right midfielder if Whaley turns out to be awful.

I''m a great admirer of Korey Smith''s talent, really looks like one for the future... but is he ready? I don''t think we can afford to play Hughes out on the right because his attacking play in midfielder is too valuable to lose.

It''s beginning to show the true colours of these new players if we''re talking about bringing yet more youth into the starting XI!

Why is Whaley sudddenly under such scrutiny. He''s had one quietish game thats all. He may well turn in a MOTM performance on saturday.

[quote user="First Wizard"]Ah Curo''s out, so welcome to the new whipping boy.........priceless.[/quote]Surely you hope they all fail anyway, Wiz, so what does it matter who the whipping boy is? [:P]

thats the idea of having two for every position if you don`t do the buisness your out ..it applied to theo, nelson , and semi ..as for jamie lad not even worth a mention  i don`t know why his name is mentioned in this thread ?  [:D]

I think the only reason Whaley is coming under fire is Croft set a bench mark when it comes to effort and determination. We''ve replaced a 100% effort player with no final product with what appears to be a 50% effort play who brings a final product to his game...

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I think the only reason Whaley is coming under fire is Croft set a bench mark when it comes to effort and determination. We''ve replaced a 100% effort player with no final product with what appears to be a 50% effort play who brings a final product to his game...[/quote]

That''s about the sum of it lol  Personally I will wait and see him settled and playing before making harsh judgements.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I think the only reason Whaley is coming under fire is Croft set a bench mark when it comes to effort and determination. We''ve replaced a 100% effort player with no final product with what appears to be a 50% effort play who brings a final product to his game...[/quote]

fair point i suppose [:D]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"]Ah Curo''s out, so welcome to the new whipping boy.........priceless.[/quote]

Surely you hope they all fail anyway, Wiz, so what does it matter who the whipping boy is? [:P]
[/quote]

Now you''re just being silly Lord.

Jeeeeesus!!! Give the man a chance!!!

As mentioned above, wingers are there to supply crosses, and he certainly supplied a good one last night for the goal! And I''m sure the fans who travelled last night could tell us if he set up many of Mcdonalds chances in the first half?

Agreed he needs a few games but Smith was one of very few players at Charlton to actually give a toss and play well and IMO deserves to be on the bench at least.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="First Wizard"]Ah Curo''s out, so welcome to the new whipping boy.........priceless.[/quote]Surely you hope they all fail anyway, Wiz, so what does it matter who the whipping boy is? [:P][/quote]

Now you''re just being silly Lord.

[/quote]You want to be careful throwing those stones around in your glass house, Wiz. You''re the one who wanted City to get thumped last night, not me. [;)]

Didn''t take long did it, only played two games and grabbed an assist last night. Give the guy a chance, he might not run around like a headless chicken like his predecessor but if he can cross a ball and beat a man then I''m happy