Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Anyone think getting Shacks back on loan would be a good idea?

With Doc and Nelson looking like backmarkers in a donkey deby, we really need some pace at the back. Askou looks marginally quicker but that''s not saying much. If Shacks isn''t getting any games at Wolves, perhaps it would be wort approaching them to see if we can get him on loan for the season - if we could afford his wages! What do you think?

I''m sure that it would all be down to him. Would he be happier trying in vain to make the Wolves bench or playing every match in a promotion drive with his boyhood club. I know what I would prefer but footballers are odd creatures! 

I doubt we could afford him now.

But you''re right, if we could figure something out with Wolves and he was up for it then he''d be miles better than bloody Doc!!!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]No. Look to the future not the past. We don''t need any ex-players that have aided our downfall.[/quote]

Even if the future is a defence that''s too slow and will be caught out by any strikers with a hint of pace - as per Lisbie last weekend?

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]No. Look to the future not the past. We don''t need any ex-players that have aided our downfall.[/quote]

Even if the future is a defence that''s too slow and will be caught out by any strikers with a hint of pace - as per Lisbie last weekend?

[/quote]

Is our footballing knowledge in Norwich so poor that the only centre-back with any form of pace that we can think of is a poor footballer that we used to have? Shackell isn''t even that quick - there are far better players we can get.

Thought he was superb when he came back last season, best I''ve seen him play for Norwich. Him and the Doc were a good partnership in those games.

But we''ve got new defenders who should be given a bit of time to show what they can do and also I think any money would be better spent on attacking options, particularly another winger (as Whaley is our only established winger).

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Haggerdoo"]

[/quote]

Is our footballing knowledge in Norwich so poor that the only centre-back with any form of pace that we can think of is a poor footballer that we used to have? Shackell isn''t even that quick - there are far better players we can get.

[/quote]

I remember watching  Robbie Keane have a 5 yard head start on Shacks and he and still caught him, wouldn''t call that slow.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"][quote user="Haggerdoo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember watching  Robbie Keane have a 5 yard head start on Shacks and he and still caught him, wouldn''t call that slow.

[/quote]

I remember that too - pre season friendly a couple of years back

If he decides to go I''d have thought a championship side would have a gamble on him, he was a million pound player a year ago, a club would take him and offer more than we can!! Money talks to these guys!

I Would Love Shacks Back. But There Was An Article The Other Week About How He Was Fighting For His Place, Plus He Has Featured A Lot In The Wolves Friendlys. I Just Think If He Was Leaving Wolves He Would Have Gone By Now.........

I would certainly welcome Shax on loan. He played very well last season, and has clearly improved as a player.

Jason come home !!!Still remember my WTF why on earth if the partnership doesnt work have we sold the player and kept the *kin donkey ????? reaction when we sold him in the first place !!!

Personally, I don''t want any more players on loan, the whole policy is deeply flawed. I would only make an exception to that stance if the loanees were players such as Rooney, Torres, Gerrard, Lampard, Ferdinand or Van Der Sar on season-long loans. Since they''re not, I''m not interested.