Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary jr

Can we expect any more signings?

I think a lot will depend on how we perform in the next 2 home games.

I would be surprised to see any more permanent signings this side of the new year, but think Gunn has said he has funds to use if necessary.

[quote user="USA Canary jr"]I would still love to see albert adomah here and maybe another centre back like Ben Futcher.[/quote]

who''s that?

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="USA Canary jr"]I would still love to see albert adomah here and maybe another centre back like Ben Futcher.[/quote]

who''s that?

[/quote]

The 6 ft 7 centre back for Bury :D

Ben Futhcher is a 28 year old center back, most famed for his days at Lincoln. 6 ft 7, beast in the air, currently plays for Bury after spells with Lincoln, Oxford, Peterborough and Grimsby

Alnwicks loan extended is the key one for me.

As i said in another topic wouldn''t mind having Dervite on loan from Spurs either.

Good shout Lambo, I remember him playing for Southend (??) last season, and believe he got into the league one team of the season.

[quote user="Lambo"]Alnwicks loan extended is the key one for me.

As i said in another topic wouldn''t mind having Dervite on loan from Spurs either.[/quote]Agree about Alnwick, but as bad as Theo was in the first game, can''t help wanting to see if that was just a bad day at the office. Not seen much of Dervite, but read that he was voted the 2nd best player at Southend in 2009 and in the League one team. Can''t see him doing much for Spurs this year, so he should be available.

Gunn didn''t rule it out, but I can''t see real money being laid out, and we are stuck with Theo and Nelson (tho'' I''m not sure he is much worse than Doc!)I agree that we need a CB if Stephanovich is going, as Spillane for the moment has made RB his own. I certainly wouldn''t pay much for a new keeper, with Rudd in the wings.

[quote user="Salopian"]Gunn didn''t rule it out, but I can''t see real money being laid out, and we are stuck with Theo and Nelson (tho'' I''m not sure he is much worse than Doc!)I agree that we need a CB if Stephanovich is going, as Spillane for the moment has made RB his own. I certainly wouldn''t pay much for a new keeper, with Rudd in the wings.[/quote]Outside of the first game, has Nelson really been that bad? In pre-season I mean, I read that he was performing alright. He was named to the League 2 team of the year a couple of years back, and nearly all Hartlepool fans I have talked to say that he was a very good player. So are we judging him a little too early? is it just a panic by product of the 7-1 humiliation

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Ben Futhcher is a 28 year old center back, most famed for his days at Lincoln. 6 ft 7, beast in the air, currently plays for Bury after spells with Lincoln, Oxford, Peterborough and Grimsby[/quote]

Oh thanks mate! sounds good with that height

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Ben Futhcher is a 28 year old center back, most famed for his days at Lincoln. 6 ft 7, beast in the air, currently plays for Bury after spells with Lincoln, Oxford, Peterborough and Grimsby[/quote]

Oh thanks mate! sounds good with that height

Did''t take long did it? Let''s learn nothing from past mistakes let''s look at all the possible loans we can get!

Let''s get none!

Let''s develop our own players not somebody else''s. Have we forgotten we have an exceptional young goalkeeper of our own? Only a month ago everyone seemed to want to play him, now he seems to be forgotten!