Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Great. Now lets get 3 points on the board

Superb result last night. Real show of character and resolve. But it will count for very little if we don''t get 3 points at Exeter on Saturday. If we play well and play the right personnel I''m sure we can win comfortably but I''ll feel a whole lot better a 5pm Saturday when we''ve got 3 points in the bag and our league season under way.

Damn right, as nice as a good cup run would be the only goal this season has to be promotion.

Think we could do with as many cup games as we can get as there will be confidences which need re-building and places to challenge for, so last night was good news all round. I''d also say that Saturday''s team has now picked itself. It''ll be a roller coaster though, I''m fairly sure we won''t demolish Exeter. Let''s not go there expecting an easy win!

Exeter is a must but really we should wait for 10 games before looking at the table

when did we last win two away games? just a thought.

But I have a feeling we may be better away from home this year, that would be a first!

100% right Hardhouse, we need to get up running in the league sooner rather than later, the win tonight should takes us into saturdays game full of confidence but if we don''t win I suspect we''ll see some on here wrongly claiming our season is over

Exceter i feel we can get 3 points against, Brentford away however will be a difficult one and i''d be perfectly happy with a point.

I''m wondering if we might be better away from home than at home this season.  Some of our players don''t seem to like big crowds, and to be fair, last Saturday was probably the first time they played in front of one.

For once mate i agree, MK Dons away and Charlton at home next month, 2 very tricky games. Also an away trip to Gillingham who''ve started the season brightly.

Spot on Hardhouse, let''s hope that we follow it up with another accomplished display against Exeter and Brentford, they will both be tough games so will be a real test of character.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]We have been given a very easy start to the season so we really need plenty of points on the board , next month will be much harder.
[/quote]

easy start? Colchester was easy weren''t it?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]100% right Hardhouse, we need to get up running in the league sooner rather than later, the win tonight should takes us into saturdays game full of confidence but if we don''t win I suspect we''ll see some on here wrongly claiming our season is over[/quote]Indeed. My only fear is, I''m convinced we went in to last Saturday brimming with confidence. What we need to do is go in to the Exeter game properly prepared and with a game plan and more importantly and alternative game plan should we go behind.Full mark for last night. Let get that out of our head and let get the mentality that we went in to last nights game with. That being we need to play a hell of a lot better than the crap we dished up last week.Football is easy when to goals come and when they come at the right time. If they don’t come at the right time or if you go behind you need alternative game plans. My biggest fear is we just don’t have that at a managerial level. Player panic if they don’t know what to do. Lets hope the manager and staff are working on that right now because I fear we will lose any game we go behind in at the moment simply because we will not know what to do. It’s not as easy as just saying score a goal!