Sign in to follow this  
Ali Dia

First 11

AlnwickSpilane  Doc  Askou  DruryWhalley Adeyemi Hughes HoolhanHolt  Cody Mac

If Drury is injured then LapinBench  -  Martin              OTJ              Theo              Nelson               WLY PMVHavent seen enough of Maric, is he pace or power based striker ?Think Martin is to much like Holt ( who should be 2nd name on the team sheet after Alnwick ) to play alongside himWe still NEED a pacey defender

----------  Theoklitos  -----------

Spillane ---Doc ---Askou ----Drury

Whaley --Adeyemi  ---OTJ ---Hoolahan

---------Holt  ------Cody -----

SUBs - Alnwick, Otsemebor, Lappin, Gill, Hughes, Maric, Martin

Im in the give Theo a go camp...BUT we need 3 this weekend, Alnwick proved he has teh goods Theo hasnt.... I think Theos next game for us needs to be an away game so he doesnt have to put up with OUR fans giving him flack. Bloke needs to get his confidence back.. BUT the team need 3 this week

End of I think......Hughes seemed heads above Gill and I am still unsure of OTJ

I would give Theo another ago at the end of this month, in the JPT. Providing Alnwick is performing adequately.I would swap Gill for Hughes, (or OTJ if he impresses for Wales, although I doubt he''ll figure) and Stefanovic for Doherty (long shot but I want it to happen)

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I would give Theo another ago at the end of this month, in the JPT. Providing Alnwick is performing adequately.I would swap Gill for Hughes, (or OTJ if he impresses for Wales, although I doubt he''ll figure) and Stefanovic for Doherty (long shot but I want it to happen)[/quote]Completely agree with that run down.Although id swap Doc for Deitmar Von Nostrelboy ;)

Whaley is not as good as Croft and I was not Crofts biggest fan. I think he will drift out of the first 11.

Adyemi is still young and developing his role and I think it would be wrong to overplay him this season.

If we are going to play Hughes and Hollihan together, we need someone like Gill in the side to provide some stiffness.

I would worry about Drury''s ability bto last 46 games, because he is going to get through a lot of work with Hoolihan in front of him and I think we are going to need a more athletic LB - which is probablly why we have bought Wiggins.

Maric reminds me of Dean Ashton and appears to have a physical presence if not the work rate of Holt.

I see that most of you putting Mr Liabilty in your teams on the strength of a victory over mighty Yeovil. [:P]Personally, I''d stick Doherty on a free and do my best to keep Stefanovic at the club and give him the formers salary and then some.

Shyster,

I agree. A fit Stefanovic is better than the Doc. He still does way too much cuddling for my liking and will struggle against sides with better inventivity and pace than Yeovil. However, his performances vary hugley depending upon who he is paired with and Askou provided more stability which meant that his confidence grew - this has got to be a good thing given that he looks to be Fester''s first choice pick.

[quote user="Shyster"]I see that most of you putting Mr Liabilty in your teams on the strength of a victory over mighty Yeovil. [:P]Personally, I''d stick Doherty on a free and do my best to keep Stefanovic at the club and give him the formers salary and then some.[/quote]Id put a Garden Gnome up in Docs spot if i could, i cant stand the bloke !!!Only putting him there cos Stef wont play and Nelson is Doc Mk II.What other option is it ???? Surely we can not put another small boy at CB ?? what with Spilane and Adeyemi already solidifying themselves in the fans eyes certainly as definate first team involvement materialShoot the guy who sold off Shackell  !!

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Shyster,

I agree. A fit Stefanovic is better than the Doc. He still does way too much cuddling for my liking and will struggle against sides with better inventivity and pace than Yeovil. However, his performances vary hugley depending upon who he is paired with and Askou provided more stability which meant that his confidence grew - this has got to be a good thing given that he looks to be Fester''s first choice pick.

[/quote]

Fair estimation, DF, but when Askou''s flailing or injured we''d better hope Nelson comes good at some point because it''s a real concern that the chosen captain has to rely on fellow centre-backs form.

Much like a lot of the players from last weekend we can''t assume on one game Nelson is the worst defender we own. A fair few fans were glad at his arrival saying he was the physical beast of a centre back we needed... now people wish we never signed him... only time will tell for a lot of these players.

We need to see Exeter as our first league game of the season now, a chance for everyone to put last week behind them and get off to a good start and play more football like we did tonight.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Id put a Garden Gnome up in Docs spot if i could, i cant stand the bloke !!!Only putting him there cos Stef wont play and Nelson is Doc Mk II.What other option is it ???? Surely we can not put another small boy at CB[/quote]And Stefanovic is a big boy at 5 ft 11?

We need another centre-back before the window closes.  Doc takes his place in the team out of sentiment - he completely relies on someone covering his mistakes and that has been the story throughout his whole Norwich career.

Nelson is as much of a liability.  Any Hartlepool fan could tell you that.

Askou should be our first choice centre-back, and Spillane looks versatile enough to play there too, but sadly we need him to cover another liability in Semmy.

Nelson and Doc really should only be used as cover.  We need someone in to play alongside Askou. 

[quote user="Ali Dia"]

We need another centre-back before the window closes.  Doc takes his place in the team out of sentiment - he completely relies on someone covering his mistakes and that has been the story throughout his whole Norwich career.

Nelson is as much of a liability.  Any Hartlepool fan could tell you that.

Askou should be our first choice centre-back, and Spillane looks versatile enough to play there too, but sadly we need him to cover another liability in Semmy.

Nelson and Doc really should only be used as cover.  We need someone in to play alongside Askou. 

[/quote]Agree, if not a new CB, a new RB, meaning Spillane and Askou could be our CB partnership.

A new CB is a must, also we will need theo confident soon on the chance we will lose alnwick in janurary so he could probably do with playing at brentford.

Declan Rudd might be the fifth, but until and unless he is ready, we''ll

have to rely on the hated policy of borrowing someone from the Premier

League. Michael Theoklitos (now cruelly labelled the only Aussie who

can''t catch...) was too badly damaged by his cataclysmic introduction

to League One to be allowed near the first team for several months.Tottenham''s

22-year-old Ben Alnwick looked an entirely different proposition at

Huish Park. He made a couple of top-drawer saves and, just as

significantly, came out and claimed any ball lofted into his six-yard

box.Well Mick Dennis feels Theo wont get near the first team for several months , is he in the know .

I fully expected Theo to play last night. Many of us felt that he had to play to get rid of Saturdays demons. Rather like getting straight back on the bike after a nasty fall. The fact that he didn''t begs the question whose decision was it? Did the player bottle it or was he dropped? Whichever it was it would suggest Mick Dennis could be right. Alnwick has now earned his place and will take some shifting while he''s still here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I fully expected Theo to play last night. Many of us felt that he had to play to get rid of Saturdays demons. Rather like getting straight back on the bike after a nasty fall. The fact that he didn''t begs the question whose decision was it? Did the player bottle it or was he dropped? Whichever it was it would suggest Mick Dennis could be right. Alnwick has now earned his place and will take some shifting while he''s still here.

[/quote]

I''m wondering if Gunny was maybe planning on playing Alnwick in all cup competitions and saving Theo for the league, though after the last two games he may switch the two around.....

[quote user="Irish Canary"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I''m wondering if Gunny was maybe planning on playing Alnwick in all cup competitions and saving Theo for the league, though after the last two games he may switch the two around.....

[/quote]

I must admit never considered that but after Saturday I still feel even if that was the case it was important for Theo to play. Gunn will find it difficult to drop Alnwick after this clean sheet. And nor should he!

OTJ Should Be In That First 11. Plus Lappin Should Be In Mid-Field Not Defence. Give Wiggins A Shot As Leftback When He Is Fit And Try Dumic As Centreback In The JPT! [:)] That''s What I Say Anyway.