Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Bentley

give the lad a chance, yes I know he hasn''t set he world alight like some people have suggested, but maybe we expect a bit too much from someone who recently only turned 20.  Anyone who saw the Real Mallorca game will know the ability he has, a friend of mine turned round and said he did things on that pitch, we could only dream about.  I was sitting in the second row, so I saw a lot of what he did and it was brillant and was something you would expect of a high class footballer.

We have seen two moments against Man U and Newscastle what he is capable of.  Against the Red Devils he nicks it past there centre half and hits it first time against the bar, against Newcastle he picks e ball up and beats 4 or five players, so he got a helping hand with the finish, but it wasn''t Shay Given who beat the four or five players it was Bentley.  So lets try supporting the players.

Besides wouldn''t you show a bit of skill of you had a shot at the big league and was t show Arsene Wenger a thing or two.  We are a much better side with Bentley, show some support.

Jimmy  

I agree Jim, he looked very positive when he came on last night and looks totally commited to the cause.

Here here. Bentley is a quality player who still has a lot to learn and the only way he will learn is through playing.

Against Villa he shot to much but maybe some of that was to do with lack of movement in front of him (Hux always had 2 men on him, Doherty does not have the pace or movement of a striker and there was no width).

I reckon in the second half of the season he will excel and could be the differance between winning and ldrawing.

I thought he looked decent and certainly committed again for the ten minutes he was on last night.  (Does anyone on here want to read anything into the fact that he has bought a house here rather than just renting or staying at Dunston Hall, or is it just that he perhaps sees it as an investment?  Thoughts please).

I''m definitely going to give the guy a chance.  After all, this is his first ever season of competative football.  The only thing that worries me though is that he seems to be getting the basics wrong.  Things like passing and shooting he isn''t doing that well at all.  Yes he''s got a good step over but I''d rather see less of his flicks and tricks and more of him playing actual football

Forgive me being cynical, but if you were Bentleys agent/adviser wouldn''t you advise him to invest in Norfolk property?

Not on the lad''s back by the way as I think he''ll be like ronaldo at Man U - we all laughed at his stepovers and flashiness at the start of last season but 8 months later he was winning them the FA Cup!!