Sign in to follow this  
Desert Fox

Yeovil - just back from the match

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Nutty,

Unfortunately I cant make Exeter. I run my own business and stay away most of the week and at weekends I have spen time with a young family. So I am hoping to make as many of the midweek/holiday period games as possible.

[/quote]

Getting away at weekends is unusual for me too but I actually have a Saturday off this week so can go. Tuesdays are the only complete day off I get so I will go anywhere even Paint Pot!

I rarely went away when my kids were young. I took my son a few times in the 80''s but it wasn''t so safe for kids back then. I started taking my daughter in the 90''s and it was much different then. My youngest grandson is 5 and already been to 3 away games but the big problem is the distances involved following Norwich City! It''s got to be better than watching Man U on the telly though[;)]

Im not into wrapping Adeyemi in cotton wool but I think they have to make sure they dont keep throwing him into games,example :  with his age + comitment he might pick up an injury and decide to hide it what then long term ?he relaxes into the first team and becomes Semi MkII, the ability but so damn lazyhe plays every game moves to Arsenal for 12m and is in the national squad by 2012in football you never know , but throwing him in the thick of it long term is maybe detremental, I dont think playing at Exeter will hurt him at all but I just dont think he should be in the spotlight.What happens when it all goes sour and we are treating a 17 year old kid in a similar way to how some louts treated Wes Hoolhan on saturday ????

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Some more interesting comments from Yeovil fans on the Ciderspace website:

“Don’t think we played as well as we did against Tranmere, but saying that, Norwich were extremely good yesterday I think. Extremely quick in closing us down, didn''t give us time on the ball, I for one am still optimistic though.”

[/quote]That one interests me, in the 7-1 the Norwich players were panicing when closed down and startd passing backwards, Semi being a prime example but blame aside, Colchester were closing down and Norwich were folding, end of !Id be interested to see if Fester''s attack plan included more closing down following saturday.

Nexus,

I was impressed by how much running and tracking our front two did last night. They worked their socks off and this disrupted the build up of their play. I just hope that they can keep this up when there is two matches a week. In particular, the way Holt plays he is bound to pick up injuries.

On Holt physique - it plays to his advantage... he isn''t fast, obviously, to be lighter would be to his detriment.

Example; I think it was his run for his 2nd goal or 3rd, one of the defenders approached him fast, and literally bounced off Holty, like he was made of solid rock. Holt didn''t even need to adjust his balance, or even looked under pressure, and just surged forward into the gap. Awesome!

"A lot of the success from last night was because both our front two harried them"

Is it wonderful to have 2 strikers who hustle and make defenders jobs a pain? McKenzie, for all his lack of ability, was great at this - and for me was possibly his best asset... if they can''t get a quality ball out of defence any team is going to loose possession quickly in midfield, if it even gets that far, certainly doesn''t give them time to build a comfortable attack - having 2, not even just 1, but 2 doing this, obviously shook the hell out of Yeovil. The fact the compliment each other in technical skills, doesn''t half bring a great deal of confidence to me.

Defend from the front.

I Think Lappin Does A Much Better Job In Midfield Than Defence, Not Too Sure Why Gunn Keeps Putting Him In Defence. Maybe Because Drury Is The Only Leftback We Have Atm. Any Ideas On When Wiggins Will Be Ready To Play? :)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="YellowLittle1"]

I think we should go for

Alnwick

Spillane       Askou            Doherty         Drury

Mcveigh     Hughes           Tudur Jones   Hoolahan

Macdonald     Holt

[/quote]

Im actually pretty eager to see Paul McSmall wearing the Green and Yellow again, think it would maybe be a good choice to swap him out for Whalley.
Think his work ethic could be a good asset to Cody Mac and Holt
[/quote]

McVeigh and work ethic........MEGA Lol!