Sign in to follow this  
rich

disappointing team selection

This was surely the perfect time to experiment, mattias jonson and leon mckenzie surely should have been picked. how else will mattias get used to the pace and how can else we see how leon and huckerby would have worked together.

I mean it''s not like we don''t know how huckerby and doherty play together. 

I''m sure we will win, but it''s just another unexciting team selection.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. They could even try Jonson up front, since he''s played that position for Sweden before now. It''s not like the front line has been particularly successful in the league, so why not mix it up a bit?

too true . we need to find a solution to our lack of goals so wouldnt tonight have been the ideal time to try jonson upfront for eg ? oh well what the hell do i know ?

i think leon has the flu.looks like team is:green; helveg, charlton, fleming, drury; safri, holt, francis, mcveigh; huckerby, doherty.so, for those at the game, is this a diamond with mcveigh in the hole? or is this flat midfield and if so, who is out wide?

Just read all the match reports and it is clear that Doherty is not the answer up front.  Considering Worthy had Jonson, Jarvis, Henderson and Svennson to try out in the centre he didn''t go for any of them.  Guess we won''t see any of them this weekend either against Liverpool, so still can''t see where the goals are going to come from.  Sam Allardyce made 9 changes away from home for Bolton and they still won 2 - 0.  How will we ever know what the youngsters are going to be like if we don''t give them a chance?  Sorry Worthy I know we won the match but please give some of the other strikers a run out.

[quote]Pretty sure Leon has the flu and thus can''t play.[/quote]

leon got the flu?

tell me, how a supposedly fit athlete succumbs to the ''flu'' in mid september!!  If I, a mere mortal can go years without falling foul of colds and flu  ..... how come fit men can''t? 

answers gentlemen!

No idea Gazza. The word flu is very overused in the English language. I had it once in about the late 60''s. It was impossible to get out of bed. People were dying from it. What he probably has is a cold. He may have been kept away so that the other players don''t catch it.

I wish I could give you a full explanation Gazza but right now I have a blocked nose, sore throat and swimmy head

Actually I am glad I feel crap coz I didn''t go last night to what was evidently a dire match.

I see some people are also questioning Mr W''s team selection and apparent reluctance to give other players a chance - be careful, you are going to get branded as "moaners" and "negative"

Well I for one know that the male version of flu is infinitely more virulent than the female strain - at least that''s what I tell my wife!

Joking apart Leon must be kicking himself - if ever there was a game for someone to show their hunger for a regular spot it was last night: shame a few more didn''t get a chance (usual last 10 mins changes) and that WLYPM and helveg didn''t show a bit more given their opportunity. Disappointing, but we live in hope.

flu...my backside!

I''m not one for conspiracy theories but I smell a rat here and its nothing to do with last night''s curry.

Couldn''t NW think of a better excuse to leave him out yet again OR just tell us the truth (i.e. why can''t Leon start a game)

You are naughty shropshire canary!  Does your wife believe you?  I wouldn''t!!!  In 1993 I had the Wutan Chinese flu (that year''s prevalent strain) and it was truly awful.  I was too ill to make it up the stairs to bed and so slept and spent days on the sofa just drinking water.  I didn''t see my kitchen for three whole days as I didn''t have the strength to get up and walk. 

It was a good six weeks before I felt as strong again as I had been before.  If Leon makes the bench this weekend then I promise you that he has not had the flu!  I hope therefore for his sake and ours that he has ''a runny dose and a sore ''ed'', and that''s all!

Apparently, Worthy phoned McKenzie and told him he was going to persist with Doerty up front for the Bristol game, and Leon replied ''I''m not sittin'' on that bench again so F U'', but Worthy(thankfully) misheard him, he thought he''d got flu !