Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

Whaley or Mcveigh?

Well here is some things what preston fans said about him a month or two back when i posted on their footy mad

thoughts on simon whaley,lazy,big headed,poor mans ronaldo,lacks commitment,only performs when he sees fit,has 1 good game in 10,overpaid,he performs better in the dug out,he has an excellent knack of lookin really smart before he comes on the pitch,loves himself.

the plus sude of him is he does actually have talent,i will be glad to see him go.good luck with him.

To answer the original question: ''I heard we are getting a quality player''.

Well, yes, potentially you are. He has attributes that could take him to the top flight, although, does he want it enough and the fact that he couldn''t remove a less talented player in Sedgwick, who possesses everything Whaley doesn''t have, would suggest that there is a genuine question to whether he does have that determination - time will tell.

Nah mate, first few games he''ll look a world beater. Then he''ll turn into the most work shy, big headed, the world owes me something right winger you''ve ever had.

At one point he was rated higher than Nugent by some, he got injured and lost his confidence.

Last season QPR were rumoured to have been ready to offer 1 million for him until a change in manager, sure this was also a fact in his dip in form.

He''ll do well for ya, he''ll have confidence to attack DIV 1 defences, but up here at the top end of the championship(not bragging) he couldn''t beat em if he had a baseball bat. IMO.

here''s the link

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=426&fid=204&sty=2&act=1&mid=2125312646

[quote user="Tookie140"]

Well here is some things what preston fans said about him a month or two back when i posted on their footy mad

thoughts on simon whaley,lazy,big headed,poor mans ronaldo,lacks commitment,only performs when he sees fit,has 1 good game in 10,overpaid,he performs better in the dug out,he has an excellent knack of lookin really smart before he comes on the pitch,loves himself.the plus sude of him is he does actually have talent,i will be glad to see him go.good luck with him.

To answer the original question: ''I heard we are getting a quality player''.Well, yes, potentially you are. He has attributes that could take him to the top flight, although, does he want it enough and the fact that he couldn''t remove a less talented player in Sedgwick, who possesses everything Whaley doesn''t have, would suggest that there is a genuine question to whether he does have that determination - time will tell.

Nah mate, first few games he''ll look a world beater. Then he''ll turn into the most work shy, big headed, the world owes me something right winger you''ve ever had.

At one point he was rated higher than Nugent by some, he got injured and lost his confidence.Last season QPR were rumoured to have been ready to offer 1 million for him until a change in manager, sure this was also a fact in his dip in form.

He''ll do well for ya, he''ll have confidence to attack DIV 1 defences, but up here at the top end of the championship(not bragging) he couldn''t beat em if he had a baseball bat. IMO.

here''s the link

[/quote]

jesus crist!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Tookie140"]

thoughts on simon whaley,lazy,big headed,poor mans ronaldo,lacks commitment,only performs when he sees fit,has 1 good game in 10,overpaid,he performs better in the dug out,he has an excellent knack of lookin really smart before he comes on the pitch,loves himself.

the plus sude of him is he does actually have talent,i will be glad to see him go.good luck with him.

To answer the original question: ''I heard we are getting a quality player''.

Well, yes, potentially you are. He has attributes that could take him to the top flight, although, does he want it enough and the fact that he couldn''t remove a less talented player in Sedgwick, who possesses everything Whaley doesn''t have, would suggest that there is a genuine question to whether he does have that determination - time will tell.

At one point he was rated higher than Nugent by some, he got injured and lost his confidence.

Last season QPR were rumoured to have been ready to offer 1 million for him until a change in manager, sure this was also a fact in his dip in form.

here''s the link

[/quote]

jesus crist!
[/quote]

I know normally its quiet on there but i got 16 replies.

Am sure Croft would have got some terrible reviews from a lot of our supporters, so take it with a pinch of salt. It''s just one supporters opinion and there will no doubt be those PNE fans who disagree with him.

I don''t think we should be writing Whaley off just yet. I have faith he will come good under the right man management.

As a young-ish player I would expect him to take a little while to get used to new surroundings and working with new players and staff.

Got to agree with that, he will take some time but everytime I have seen him he has been pretty good. Think it is way too soon to be talking about him upping his game, or anything like that, He was late in over the summer, has two games under his belt. Lets judge him after 10-15 games, and even that is pretty early. Confident that he will come good in the end.

Considering that Exeter took a 5-0 thrashing Id look to allow Paul McSmall a start, can obviously replace him with Whalley at some point, but we need to find the "formula" thus far Gunn might just have found something in Cody Mac / Holt .I think the only "Gimmie" names on the team sheet right now are realistically :Alnwick, Cody Mac, Holt, Hoolhan, AskouI still think we need to be carefull with the role given to Adeyemi and Spilaine or you could long term spoil a great thing, they need to be eased not pushed !

Spillane played almost every Luton game last season, all this rubbish about not pushing him to much makes no sense. He is a pro football player, it isn''t like he is 16. [8-)]

i think getting McVeigh back was a mistake - no faith in him at all and would prefer to see a youngster battle with Whaley for the MR place

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Spillane played almost every Luton game last season, all this rubbish about not pushing him to much makes no sense. He is a pro football player, it isn''t like he is 16. [8-)][/quote]Spillane is more than capable, and should be playing based on Otsemobor''s performance, your right, 38 apperances for Luton last year, 20 year old, he is old enough to take on the responsibility and the physical demands

To the question McVeigh or Whaley, I would say: Chris Martin.
He played a lot games last season for Luton as a right side midfielder.

Start with him and if hes not playing well McVeigh is a capable replacement, but don''t destroy the poor bugger after two games.

Ok so throw the 2 up and comers into the lime light.When the rot starts and thier confidence hits so low they cant complete a pass or the Baggies come in January with a 200k bid that Delia accepts dont dare start complaining !!!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Ok so throw the 2 up and comers into the lime light.

When the rot starts and thier confidence hits so low they cant complete a pass or the Baggies come in January with a 200k bid that Delia accepts dont dare start complaining !!!
[/quote]

Spillane completed a whole season last year in the league below us, playing in defence. The lad is more than capable, I don''t see anyone saying we should put Martin in slowly.

If Delia accepted a 200k bid then that would be her problem and I would complain. Why couldn''t I?

[quote user="tribes"]Am sure Croft would have got some terrible reviews from a lot of our supporters, so take it with a pinch of salt. It''s just one supporters opinion and there will no doubt be those PNE fans who disagree with him.[/quote]

Exactly. Maybe there mad because they lost him.

This talk of Croft prompted me to look up his wiki page, did anyone else hear that Derby waited until Croft was 24 to sign him so they didnt have to pay us compensation?

On Whaley, I say give him time. I feel he will be one of those players that looks good when we''re winning and in full flow, but wont quite hit the heights when we''re under the cosh.

Spillane did well last night and deserves to keep his place at Exeter IMO.

At 17, Gunn needs to be more careful with Adeyemi. OTJ will be coming back from Wales duty and will probably start. Hughes did well when he came on and adds flair to CM. I would start with him and have Adeyemi on the bench, especially if Gibb''s injury rules him out against his old club.

If he is lazy and doesn''t put himself about, then WYL should come into contention, as should Otsemobor, but he''s another one who can become a waste of space. There are also some youngsters, especially Correy Smith, but he is injured or recovering from injury.

WLY is a good choice still want to see him make his return debut Semi... I used to rate him but after that backpass and fear to do anything except pass the ball backwards no...No.....

NO!!!

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

Spillane did well last night and deserves to keep his place at Exeter IMO.

At 17, Gunn needs to be more careful with Adeyemi. OTJ will be coming back from Wales duty and will probably start. Hughes did well when he came on and adds flair to CM. I would start with him and have Adeyemi on the bench, especially if Gibb''s injury rules him out against his old club.

[/quote]

We can NOT play gill and OTJ together after how easily our midfield was ripped to bits by colchester!!