Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Carling Cup 2nd Round draw.....

For those who dont know, the draw for the 2nd round takes place tonight on sky sports news after the few games in the 1st round tonight.

The 35 first-round winners are joined by Middlesbrough and Newcastle who had first-round byes, and the 13 Premier League clubs not playing in Europe.

The 25 highest-ranked clubs, based on last season''s league places, have been seeded and so cannot face each other.

However, there is no geographical north/south split in this round.

The teams in the draw are :

Seeded teams for second round draw:

Birmingham, Blackburn, Bolton, Bristol City, Burnley, Cardiff, Hull, Ipswich, Manchester City, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Preston, QPR, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, Tottenham, Watford, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham, Wigan, Wolves.

Unseeded teams for second round draw:

Accrington, Barnsley, Blackpool, Bristol Rovers, Carlisle, Crystal Palace, Doncaster, Gillingham, Hereford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leyton Orient, Millwall, Norwich, Peterborough, Port Vale, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Southampton, Southend, Swindon, Tranmere, Coventry/Hartlepool, Macclesfield/Leicester, Nottingham Forest/Bradford.

Clubs playing in European competitions - Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Aston Villa and Fulham - will enter the competition in round three.

Who would you like to play, bearing in mind it will have to be a seeded team :(

Which therefore, would see our chances of progressing decrease alot. I would like Ipswich away and a 7-0 victory :)

For selfish reasons it would have to be Reading, Tottenham, QPR or West Ham away for me purely because I can actually go to those ones!!! Although being drawn against the scum would be a plum tie!!!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]I''ve never understood seedings in a cup competition. Almost makes the fact it''s a ''cup'' redundant[/quote]Totally agree, unless there are some major shocks it will just be the same old teams getting to the final.  I''m not saying this wouldn''t happen anyway, but surely this system just makes it even more likely!

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]I''d be happy with either Swamsea at home or Newcastle at home[/quote]

why these 2? i''d like man city or spurs. Swansea is a bit of a weird wish!?

[quote user="ryan1992"]

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]I''d be happy with either Swamsea at home or Newcastle at home[/quote]

why these 2? i''d like man city or spurs. Swansea is a bit of a weird wish!?

[/quote]

My point being, Swansea are one of the easiest home ties we could wish for and i''d love us to beat the Geordies at home!!

Ipswich, Manchester City, Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Portsmouth, QPR, Sunderland, Tottenham, West Bromwich Albion, Wigan or Bolton away please :)

My standard wish - away within travelling distance of manchester for an evening kick off.So in order, all away:Manchester CityWiganBoltonPrestonBlackburnSheffield WednesdayBurnleyAlternatively:Swansea, Reading or Tottenham at home.