Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

Credit where it's due!

YR is a serious critic of The Cook and company who have presided over abject failure both financial and playing wise. Nothing has changed just because we''ve done a poor Yeovil team.

BUT, the boy Gunn made the right changes and after a slow first half, we picked up the pace and looked good. I have had mixed views on Gunn - I certainly was against his initial appointment but it wasn''t all disaster under his reign last season. The home win v Cadiff was the best performance I had  seen for many years, we played Wolves and then Birmingham off the park both away (who both got promoted). It was the last four game collapse that did us. Should he have had the job fulltime? NO,but let''s keep perspective and not automatically brand him, Butterworth and Chippy as the clowns that they have been made out to be.

HOWEVER, the DS and ''legend'' Gunn lovers are, so predictably, swamping the Canary Call lines trying to taunt and goad those who have a different view. Sorry, but with fans who have such unbelievably low expectations is it any wonder the club are in this appalling mess?   

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]It was Yeovil[/quote]Completely agree. Also sounded like a very average first half. Still a 4-0 win away from home though, against a team in the same league as us. Once the first goal went in, it obviously gave the team that bit of confidence to go on.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]It was Yeovil[/quote]

WHO ARE IN OUR DIVISION and have 3 more points than we do. If we can beat the likes of Yoevil away comfortably on a regular basis then we will be in the hunt come the end of the season.

good result tonight but we have to remember that we still lost 7-1 to colchester and it was only the carling cup not the league

Great performance from Holt by the sound of it. Glad Gunn dropped Otsemobor, I really don''t rate him. Now we just need him to get rid of Doc too.

Bring on Exeter!

I think tonight was a good result (yes i know it''s only Yeovil) but as is pointed out they are in our division and are on a par with the teams we need to beat to get promoted from this division. It was a great morale boost for the team and the fans alike. This (almost) will erase the result from Sat out of their minds and they can move on to the job in hand. None of them will wish to endure a 7-1 thumping again so a little more effort and urgency will be there from now on.

As for Gunny, let''s get off his back for a few matches and see how things look after that. If he is proven inept then lets make our feelings known, not after one match with a new team.

Here''s to more 4-0 wins, however they come.

OTBC

I''m also pleased that Gunn made some changes and that we played well tonight. At the end of the day we all love this club of ours which is why we get so upset and frustrated with it so  lets hope that they can maintain that level of performance on Saturday.

Before anybody says WHERE''S SMUDGER when we win... he only switched his radio on just in time to hear all the good bits tonight as he has been suffering from Swine Flu.

Credit to Gunny for making the sensible changes... Alnwick obviously had to come in, Spillane for Ostemobor was also a necessity.

I would of dropped Doherty for Askou and played Askou alongside Nelson (the Doc has had numerous bad games in a yellow shirt - far too many to remember.  Nelson has only had one).

Credit to Grant Holt and Cody MacDonald and credit to Adeyemi who must keep his place in my opinion.  Adeyemi alongside Hughes would be interesting to see in the next game for me.

Now let''s not forget that Gunn is working with his hands tied and it is the STOWMARKET TWO who are the main ones to blame if things do go wrong again on Saturday and at Brentford a week tonight.

Smudger, it''s Vital we don''t overplay Adeymi. He''s only 17 and needs to be brought into first team football slowy, making him relish every game. Giving him a first team place will make him complacent and stale, he needs to be considered a fringe player so he''s always working at his age. Even though in our footballing heads we know that he''s got the quality to be a first team regular. This is my opinion, and being a youth product my self, and knowing many many others, know this is the best way to go about bringing young into a first team.I''m getting bored of everyone speaking about Delia Etc, unreal how people can''t just accept the fact that nothing is going to change in the immediate future. Bring on exeter, more of the same please!

The most hopeful aspect for me is that we have not been able to do this in the league cup, even when we were a championship team. extra time at Bury ect.

[quote user="ctid"]

The most hopeful aspect for me is that we have not been able to do this in the league cup, even when we were a championship team. extra time at Bury ect.

[/quote]

that is very true, so whislt Saturdays result was a shocker this is also somehwhat a surprise result, this season could be interesting.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Before anybody says WHERE''S SMUDGER when we win... he only switched his radio on just in time to hear all the good bits tonight as he has been suffering from Swine Flu.

Credit to Gunny for making the sensible changes... Alnwick obviously had to come in, Spillane for Ostemobor was also a necessity.

I would of dropped Doherty for Askou and played Askou alongside Nelson (the Doc has had numerous bad games in a yellow shirt - far too many to remember.  Nelson has only had one).

Credit to Grant Holt and Cody MacDonald and credit to Adeyemi who must keep his place in my opinion.  Adeyemi alongside Hughes would be interesting to see in the next game for me.

Now let''s not forget that Gunn is working with his hands tied and it is the STOWMARKET TWO who are the main ones to blame if things do go wrong again on Saturday and at Brentford a week tonight.

[/quote]agreed although they where forced changes,its worrying he felt saturdays team was his best side,any way credit due! was a good win!As for ds and mwj get out!

"Credit to Gunny for making the sensible changes... "

Smudger... nice to see some pragmatism in your posts... long may we do well enough that it continues! :)

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Credit to Gunny for making the sensible changes... "

Smudger... nice to see some pragmatism in your posts... long may we do well enough that it continues! :)[/quote]I have noticed just a tad bit of pragmatism in Smudger''s posts recently. I''m a little impressed.

[quote user="Gunn Revolution"]Smudger, it''s Vital we don''t overplay Adeymi. He''s only 17 and needs to be brought into first team football slowy, making him relish every game. Giving him a first team place will make him complacent and stale, he needs to be considered a fringe player so he''s always working at his age. Even though in our footballing heads we know that he''s got the quality to be a first team regular. This is my opinion, and being a youth product my self, and knowing many many others, know this is the best way to go about bringing young into a first team.I''m getting bored of everyone speaking about Delia Etc, unreal how people can''t just accept the fact that nothing is going to change in the immediate future. Bring on exeter, more of the same please![/quote]Nice insights Gunn Revolution, cheers! I thnk you''re right on Adeyemi. Hughes will be vital by the looks of things. Interesting to note that the composure which led to all our goals wasn''t there until he was on the pitch.... Shows also how it''s too basic of some of us to blame Saturday''s aborration on the keeper and defence alone. A foreard looking, composed midfield takes a ton of pressure off the boys at the back.

Yellow Rider

I agree with you on most of your post. Like you, I am not carried away by winning at Yeovil. Nothing against them, or indeed anyone else in the league we find ourselves in, but to get excited about it, sorry cannot do. Like you I found the ensuing Canary Call nauseating in the extreme. It''s not that these fans have a different viewpoint, it''s, as you say, their extremely low levels of expectation.

For me this is the key issue which divides fans. It''s not all about Delia and whether she is right or not over many issues. Much of which are clouded by half truth, myth and so on.... we still for instance get that old chestnut about her saving the club, still today, years on! It''s now we city fans are supposed to be grateful for merely existing (without being sent into administration). When you read the thread re what was said at the Capitals'' meeting re the possibility of admin and the stake in the hotel, it makes you wonder doesn''t it, but that''s perhaps for the AGM later on.

I still hold many reservations re Gunn''s appointment. Where others interviewed? I suspect not personally. I also found it extremely nauseating listening to that phone in with Gunn touting for the job. And ditto Delia saying they had awarded it to the management team because they deserved it.

Alas, Gunn is who we have and I guess we have to go along with it. I can''t see him being released from his duties, whatever the results, not unless the new CE can stand up to Delia and what she wants/her vision for the club. And quite honestly with her vision of togetherness and a large percentage of the fan base happy with anything, it seems, like describing our result on Saturday as a mere "blip" - those alarm bells are well and truly ringing for me anyway.