Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

what now for theokiltos...?

Reserves to see what hes made off!

Yesterday I didn''t know whether it would have been best to play Theocliterous against Yeovil last night to give him one more opportunity in a game without League points or not!

Gunn has to be applauded for his team selection last night. If one thing has been learned from the last 2 games is that we have enough depth in our squad now so that players have to be dropped after bad peformances!

I don''t think he can be dismissed over one bad day at the office, true it was terrible, but at the same time, like someone mentioned he wouldn''t of made it as a pro if he is consistently this bad. He was nervous, and within minutes he was put in a hole thanks to Ostemobor. When you have a new keeper, playing in front of 25,000 people for the first time, the last thing you need is a pass back like that one just minutes into the game. He shouldn''t be sold, that''s a completely ridiculous statement, he has made one appearance and it was a shocker. He will get another chance, and I''m confident that he will be far better than he was last Saturday. Some are all too quick to smash there forehead against the panic button in regards to things like this.

I would just be a little carefulLets not jump from frying pan into fireDid you see Alnwick play for Spurs against Burnley last season. Rabbit and Headlights comes to mind 

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="singing canary"]lets hope we can extend the loan of ainswick for the rest of the season . i dont fancy our chances of winning games with this clown in goal . i admit some keepers make mistakes it human yet this guy was nothing short of a joke on saturday .due to his poor abilty i feel norwich city have wasted money on this player .. but your right he should be released ..[/quote]

My choice too SC, Theo doesn''t have a future here no more, he''s lost the fans already.

[/quote]

A touch harsh imo. btw my post above was tounge in cheek.

I say Reserves for a while and give him a run out in the Johnstones paint/ League Cup matches or maybe even loan him out seeing as he is on a contract.

To be honest if Saturady is a true yard stick of his ability than he has little or no future, but lets at least give him another go where he can do no real damage.

[quote user="mastoola"]how can you write somebody off on one performance(even though it was terrible).  should be given a chance at least. if he makes a hash of his next chance then iys time to look for alternatives.[/quote]

It was quite simply the worst performance of a Norwich player since Drazen Muzinic, and he had the excuse that he couldn''t understand a single word of English. Out on loan somewhere asap.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Another factor will be whether you can hang on to Alnwick all season of course.[/quote]How likely is this and what would his wages be?

It is true that we might not be able to get Alnwick for the season, but the fact that he played for us yesterday suggests there is a chance: Spuds clearly didn''t mind him being cup-tied and an outing in the Carling Cup was likely to be the only sort of game he was going to get for them this season.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Camuldonum"]Another factor will be whether you can hang on to Alnwick all season of course.[/quote]

How likely is this and what would his wages be?
[/quote]

No idea I''m afraid but I think it rather a key question.  I don''t know what the deal is - you are possibly paying a percentage of his wages but what percentage we don''t know. 

For a season long loan "different terms" might be demanded.

I dont think its a key question.  Lets see how Theo does in the long run, and also lets stick Rudd in goal as he is clearly a class act.

[quote user="ref89"]I dont think its a key question.  Lets see how Theo does in the long run, and also lets stick Rudd in goal as he is clearly a class act.
[/quote]

Of course.  But if Theo returns to goal and it doesn''t work out it then becomes a key question.

[quote user="ref89"]I dont think its a key question.  Lets see how Theo does in the long run, and also lets stick Rudd in goal as he is clearly a class act.[/quote]I agree with you in spirit - but how/ when do you give him another chance?

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Hard to see how he gets back into the team now to be honest , might just be best to pay up his contract , probably should have played last night as its going to be harder in a few weeks or months time for him.
[/quote]

Well I know who I''d prefer in goal if any match of ours had penalty''s, but I think Theo has shot his bolt and will be on his way, Gunn can''t risk playing him for the reaction from the fans, When Theo came back on he would''nt look at the Barclay for fears of what ever, he was well out of it. and has no control of his area     

[quote user="GoldenNugget"]I don''t think he can be dismissed over one bad day at the office, true it was terrible, but at the same time, like someone mentioned he wouldn''t of made it as a pro if he is consistently this bad. He was nervous, and within minutes he was put in a hole thanks to Ostemobor. When you have a new keeper, playing in front of 25,000 people for the first time, the last thing you need is a pass back like that one just minutes into the game. He shouldn''t be sold, that''s a completely ridiculous statement, he has made one appearance and it was a shocker. He will get another chance, and I''m confident that he will be far better than he was last Saturday. Some are all too quick to smash there forehead against the panic button in regards to things like this.
[/quote]

Don''t know where that NCFC myth came from but Melbourne Victory''s average attendance is over 25,000 - individual games have seen over 50,000 depending on the importance and the stadia.