Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

what now for theokiltos...?

after saturdays performance i would have been shocked if gunn playerd him last night .ainswick sounded a lot more confident and kept a cleen sheet .

so what happens to our number one keeper now..??

im not sure if i would have the confidence to play him again he looked way out of his depth .the only problem is he is on the wage book for two seasons .

he laughed off his poor performance and said "it was one of those days".. well it was not theo ..it was our worst day in the clubs history at our lowest leauge position at home for fifty years ..not really anything to laugh about .

we need a solid number one between the sticks and i have my doubts ...big ones at that that the fans or players alike would ever have confidence in this so called player again .

thoughts ..??

Hard to see how he gets back into the team now to be honest , might just be best to pay up his contract , probably should have played last night as its going to be harder in a few weeks or months time for him.

Get him out on loan. Alnwick is here for 3 months, Rudd is good enough as cover. Goalies are easy to get in on loan if there is an injury crisis - most top sides have 3 decent keepers who we could get in easily if necessary. Mind you, who the hell would want him?

lets hope we can extend the loan of ainswick for the rest of the season .

i dont fancy our chances of winning games with this clown in goal . i admit some keepers make mistakes it human yet this guy was nothing short of a joke on saturday .due to his poor abilty i feel norwich city have wasted money on this player .. but your right he should be released ..

[quote user="singing canary"]lets hope we can extend the loan of ainswick for the rest of the season . i dont fancy our chances of winning games with this clown in goal . i admit some keepers make mistakes it human yet this guy was nothing short of a joke on saturday .due to his poor abilty i feel norwich city have wasted money on this player .. but your right he should be released ..[/quote]IF he has a decent run i say sign him up...shouldnt cost to much...and as for theokilosopadopalus GET RID simple as

I thought it was interesting that after the Yeovil game, the majority of team groupped around Alnwick at the same time to congratulate him. I wouldnt be surprised if Gunn is on the phone right now pushing for an end of season loan.

i would not say he has earned that to be honest .. when is saw the aussie keeper on tv he was almost laughing about it and had a very care free attitude regarding his blunders .. made me fairly angry to be honest . if hes happy being a laughing stock i would rather he was at another team being one .... hopefully one we are playing against ..!!!

Alnwick, as we had all expected, proved to be very competent, and would be welcome on a year''s loan if that is possible, or by transfer.Theoklitos cannot be dismissed from one nightmare performance, but presumably has lost confidence, so can we afford to play him? If not, it would probably be better to try to buy out his contract, and let him look elsewhere.I must admit that I was surprised when Gunn didn''t play him at Yeovil. Perhaps he has already judged that Theo''s ability is not as great as his reputation.

Saying that I remember a certain Mr Green twisting his ankle and when Gallacher played everyone was ''He is okay'' ''If Green goes well Gally is good enough'' this was on a basis of a couple of good games and we all remember what happened there - a season of 5 keepers.We need a #1 keeper who will be here all season and it shouldn''t be a bloke who has got in because of 1 good game, in the same way ditching another because of one bad game is also rash, if we had dropped Gunn because of a 7-1 trashing we''d have missed out on a good keeper.Best thing to do is look for a team who has 2 keepers fighting for the top spot and getting one of those on a season long loan. Perhaps we can get a England U21 keeper - oh heck didn''t we iused to have one of those?

first game nerves, maybe he should have another chance before we right him off. To be fair most of the team were very poor on Saturday.

[quote user="singing canary"]lets hope we can extend the loan of ainswick for the rest of the season . i dont fancy our chances of winning games with this clown in goal . i admit some keepers make mistakes it human yet this guy was nothing short of a joke on saturday .due to his poor abilty i feel norwich city have wasted money on this player .. but your right he should be released ..[/quote]

My choice too SC, Theo doesn''t have a future here no more, he''s lost the fans already.

how can you write somebody off on one performance(even though it was terrible).  should be given a chance at least. if he makes a hash of his next chance then iys time to look for alternatives.

[quote user="Barbie"]Reserves to build a bit of confidence.
[/quote]

That''s what reserve sides are for.

Give him a chance to settle and then see.

I cannot think he can be as bad as saturday ever again.

Or have we bocome that intollerant that quickly.

I know we usually slate them before they sign but usualy give someone a couple of games before slinging them in the bin.

Lets see Chris Brown, Peter Thorne, Killen. All scoring goals for someone else all deemed rubbish on a performance or two.

That game was no way to adjudicate his ability. He was obviously out of his depth, playing in front of a massive crowd, under tons of pressure. An early fatal mistake, crushed his confidence, and the entire teams. Now, no doubt he was appauling. No doubt Alnwick has to be an constant to settle the team down, but Theo has to be given another chance. I''d bosh him in for the Paint Pot Trophy matches, and possibly later in the League Cup, if proven to be not awful after his 2nd game.

Give the lad another chance to be fair.Put him in the reserves for a bit, what was he like pre season ? Surely if he is as bad as he honestly was on Saturday consistently he would not have even made it as a proffesional ?Sometimes people do just have very bad days, id put money on it being that rather than a lack of ability.Carrow on Saturday was probably a very intimidating place, wall of noise from 10 mins before kick off up until the first goal :-pThen there were about 3k voices chanting a load of dribble about some no-body called Lisbie and some guy with a generic Scottish name

He was no better in pre-season than he was against Colchester. Could and should have done better for Wigan''s second goal. The only good thing he seems to bring to his game is he has a powerful set of lungs...

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="singing canary"]lets hope we can extend the loan of ainswick for the rest of the season . i dont fancy our chances of winning games with this clown in goal . i admit some keepers make mistakes it human yet this guy was nothing short of a joke on saturday .due to his poor abilty i feel norwich city have wasted money on this player .. but your right he should be released ..[/quote]IF he has a decent run i say sign him up...shouldnt cost to much...and as for theokilosopadopalus GET RID simple as[/quote]

If he has a decent run try get an extenstion on his loan till January and then sign him up in January

[quote user="mastoola"]how can you write somebody off on one performance(even though it was terrible)[/quote]

Exactly.

Its laughable to want to ship someone out after one game. Alnwick has the shirt in his posession right now, but Theo will no doubt get another chance in due course, and its up to him to take it.

[quote user="Major Bumpkin DSO"]I would suggest a "We''ll miss you..!" leaving card and a fairwell meal in Pedros with customary somberos.[/quote]

Do you think he''s Mexican, or am I missing something here?  Souvlaki would be more apt.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Barbie"]Reserves to build a bit of confidence.[/quote]

That''s what reserve sides are for.

Give him a chance to settle and then see.

I cannot think he can be as bad as saturday ever again.

Or have we bocome that intollerant that quickly.

I know we usually slate them before they sign but usualy give someone a couple of games before slinging them in the bin.

Lets see Chris Brown, Peter Thorne, Killen. All scoring goals for someone else all deemed rubbish on a performance or two.

[/quote] Of course he should be given another chance but surely that chance should have been last night in an unimportant cup game , i feel Gunn put his own self preservation in front of what was best for Theo last night .

[quote user="singing canary"]i would not say he has earned that to be honest .. when is saw the aussie keeper on tv he was almost laughing about it and had a very care free attitude regarding his blunders .. made me fairly angry to be honest . if hes happy being a laughing stock i would rather he was at another team being one .... hopefully one we are playing against ..!!![/quote]As was discussed on a previous thread - he wasn''t laughing in anything other than nervousness and bewilderment. I''m sure he didn''t mean any harm by his reaction to Saturday. I say loan him out for a bit or nominate him as designated JPT goalie until he shows a bit more composure. We just don''t know enough about him as fans to comment on his potential based on that shocker of a 90 minutes.

Yeah I agree with sticking him in the reserves for a bit, Alnwick seems capable of keeping that no 1 spot for the time being, there is always Rudd who I thought was good in preseason.

This guy does need a bit of time to prove himself in reserves and training, and wait till he gets his chance again. It''s all about the competition!