Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Who are are 2 or 3 key players?

Every club has 2 or 3 key players who generally make things work - and are sorely missed when injured or off top form.

Who are ours this term?

OTBC

[quote user="Lineo"]

the word ''OUR'' is useful.

But yea, holt, hoolahan and hughes.

[/quote]

and maybe alnwick???

[quote user="Lineo"]

[/quote]

And so are capital letters. Four missing and three incorrect.

Deary me.

But still. One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Lineo"][quote user="Lineo"]

[/quote]

and maybe alnwick???

[/quote]Hope not. Otherwise our season''s effectively over in a couple of months.Have to say, with a capable back four, i''d like to see Rudd eased in with some sub appearences ready for when Alnwick leaves.

I''d go with most on here when i say Holt, Hoolahan, and judging on reports and views on last nights game, Hughes.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Lineo"][quote user="Lineo"]

[/quote]

and maybe alnwick???

[/quote]

Hope not. Otherwise our season''s effectively over in a couple of months.

Have to say, with a capable back four, i''d like to see Rudd eased in with some sub appearences ready for when Alnwick leaves.
[/quote]

Yeah, because you always see the keeper subbed in a competative match

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="John"][quote user="Lineo"][quote user="Lineo"]

[/quote]

and maybe alnwick???

[/quote]Hope not. Otherwise our season''s effectively over in a couple of months.Have to say, with a capable back four, i''d like to see Rudd eased in with some sub appearences ready for when Alnwick leaves.[/quote]

[/quote]Fair point, but i''d like to think we''d be able to ease him in without throwing him into the pits of it. And bearing in mind Alnwick is a short loan, and Rudd is a very valuable asset attatched to the club i''d think we could allow some disruptions in Alnwicks game to make sure Rudd''s development is to be as effective, yet secure, as possible.

[quote user="John"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="John"][quote user="Lineo"][quote user="Lineo"]

[/quote]

and maybe alnwick???

[/quote]

Hope not. Otherwise our season''s effectively over in a couple of months.

Have to say, with a capable back four, i''d like to see Rudd eased in with some sub appearences ready for when Alnwick leaves.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair point, but i''d like to think we''d be able to ease him in without throwing him into the pits of it.

And bearing in mind Alnwick is a short loan, and Rudd is a very valuable asset attatched to the club i''d think we could allow some disruptions in Alnwicks game to make sure Rudd''s development is to be as effective, yet secure, as possible.
[/quote]

Play him in Cup games? last night obviously had more than the usual importance after satruday but in future it could be a way of blooding him in a situation where there is isn''t as much riding on his performances.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"][quote user="John"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="John"][quote user="Lineo"][quote user="Lineo"]

[/quote]

and maybe alnwick???

[/quote]Hope not. Otherwise our season''s effectively over in a couple of months.Have to say, with a capable back four, i''d like to see Rudd eased in with some sub appearences ready for when Alnwick leaves.[/quote]

[/quote]Fair point, but i''d like to think we''d be able to ease him in without throwing him into the pits of it. And bearing in mind Alnwick is a short loan, and Rudd is a very valuable asset attatched to the club i''d think we could allow some disruptions in Alnwicks game to make sure Rudd''s development is to be as effective, yet secure, as possible.[/quote]

Play him in Cup games? last night obviously had more than the usual importance after satruday but in future it could be a way of blooding him in a situation where there is isn''t as much riding on his performances.

[/quote]Again fair point, but prior to Alnwicks departure, will cup appearences in the next 2 or 3 months alone be enough for some to be convinced that he''s ready for a regular starting place in the side?Thats what it depends on, whether cup appearences alone will provide enough convincing, assuming obviously he puts in a solid shift.

By the looks of things we need to do are up most to make Hoolahan happy. I would like to see an interview with him. Someone tell him his importance at the club.

Having not seen Wiggins play and not sure how reliable he is, at the moment I''d say Holt, Hoolahan, and Drury.

I think Adeyemi may get there in the next few years but think he may have a tough time getting ahead of Gill, OTJ and Hughes.

If Whaley is out, I have enough confidence in McVeigh to put in a decent shift.

I think key players means that you''re not confident you could replace them with sufficient standard. So going on that theory Spillane is up there as well as his "back-up" (we can hope) now is Otsemobor.

On the basis of just two competitive games, it has to be Holt and Hooly for certain, and then between Hughes, Spillane and Alnwick (or good successor).Sorry to be a little vague, but we have yet to see Wiggins at all and we have seen little of Maric, etc.It really is early, and the game against Colchester was such a one-off, we hope.

[quote user="CallsignViper"]

I think Adeyemi may get there in the next few years but think he may have a tough time getting ahead of Gill, OTJ and Hughes.

[/quote]

Few years? Seeing as he has been involved in both competitive games and pre-season I would suggest that he is firmly in the Management''s minds. If we are not in the top half of the Championship in the next few years then Adeyemi won''t be here if he continues to progress as he has.

Really only Hoolahan is irreplaceable.  Maybe Holt, but he didn''t show in the Colchester debacle, and for all we know at present (based on pre season) Maric may be adequate cover.

It''s interesting to note that the one player everyone is agreed on is irreplaceable is Hoolahan.   Every post mentions him.  And he''s the one player whom the heroes who ran onto the pitch last Saturday abused, the one player whom ten brave souls chased after the game, and the one player who is on the receiving end of complaints by loyal fans to the club about his behaviour after Colchester.   I''m not condoning his behaviour but we need to get some perspective here: the player we should be building our team around, who could have agitated for a move after relegation but didn''t, acts in an emotional and, yes, bad tempered way after the club suffers its record home defeat.    Good grief, at least he cares!

I understand that after Saturday - or more exactly, after the response of those brave fans to him on Saturday -  he wants to leave.   I hope we can hold onto him.  I don''t believe he has a release clause in his contract, and hopefully we will.   It would be a new low even for NCFC to hound out of the club the one player we all agree we should be building the team around.