Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Anyone interested in the England game???

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Couldnt give a monkeys left testicle if im really honest.
The current crop of players are all over paid girls and pub thugs.

[/quote]

Yeah can we go back to the old days please where the whole England team was loved and respected regardless of their clubs... Italia ''90 (excepting Mark Wright...). When I think of Waddle, Gazza, Lineker etc etc I only think England... who doesn''t get a twinge in their stomach harking back to those days? And it isn''t even just because it was a semi because I couldn''t give a monkeys about the 1996 crop save for Shearer

[quote user="beasto"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Couldnt give a monkeys left testicle if im really honest.The current crop of players are all over paid girls and pub thugs.[/quote]

Yeah can we go back to the old days please where the whole England team was loved and respected regardless of their clubs... Italia ''90 (excepting Mark Wright...). When I think of Waddle, Gazza, Lineker etc etc I only think England... who doesn''t get a twinge in their stomach harking back to those days? And it isn''t even just because it was a semi because I couldn''t give a monkeys about the 1996 crop save for Shearer

[/quote]I agree, as a lad the England players were every lad''s idols regardless of the guy playing for Manchester United and you being a Man City fan or w/e.These days I think even he players take the attitude of club before country.Harking back to Sir Alex and how Giggs always got injured before a Wales friendly... anyone else notice how Stevie "I should be in Jail" Gerrard has picked up a knock ??Mockery of the game !

[quote user="beasto"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Couldnt give a monkeys left testicle if im really honest.The current crop of players are all over paid girls and pub thugs.[/quote]

[/quote]They weren''t all exactly Saints though either were they...I give a damn about this new England squad, I was 2 when Italia 90 took place, so I don''t remember that, we didn''t get to the World Cup in 94, and Euro 96 started my love for football.  It may be a strange time to play, but it is against one of the top teams in the world, and at the moment we aren''t too shabby ourselves.  We have a realistic chance in SA next year, so why don''t we just get behind them.

Why are so many people on here more defensive than our team!! I will be behind the team as usual... panic over. My point was merely that the thought of a winger running towards Ashley Cole doesn''t excite me nearly as much as it did when I watched them doing it to Stuart Pearce, nor can I see "An Evening with Emile Heskey" coming to the West End anytime soon... [:)]

Well what can I say Im half German and I lived in America for years so I normally follow the USA and German national teams.Watching England is worse than being a Norwich fan in that we ( Norwich ) are of a standard to be expected to be crap but England are over paid and expected not to be but still are crap !Im sure i will watch the match with half an eye, ive got FM09 to play :)Im off to a festival this weekend so hastily had to ensure my mobile phone was charged and had internet access.... im not going to miss the Exeter game !!!

Capello has turned England around, in my opinion, and it''s turned me around as an England fan. I couldn''t give a shit when that utter moron McClown was incharge, but I can actually take this team seriously now...!

I posted on here last week about the Norwich = Champions or England = World Cup winners.  I think it was approximately a 50/50 split between the two.

I''ll always get behind our team, its a matter of national pride.

Just like i''ll always (if i can afford it) be a season ticket holder at Carrow Road, i may not agree with the board, the manager or the team at certain times but my loyalty lies with the club and badge.  I see this same perspective with England football also.

Com''on England... make us proud?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Well what can I say Im half German and I lived in America for years so I normally follow the USA and German national teams.Watching England is worse than being a Norwich fan in that we ( Norwich ) are of a standard to be expected to be crap but England are over paid and expected not to be but still are crap !Im sure i will watch the match with half an eye, ive got FM09 to play :)Im off to a festival this weekend so hastily had to ensure my mobile phone was charged and had internet access.... im not going to miss the Exeter game !!![/quote]As soon as you mentioned Germany, your opinion on anything related to the England football team became null and void.

Not sure about Capello myself, yet. Sure, we''ve won seven from seven in competitive matches, but four of them were against Kazakhstan and Andorra and our victory over Ukraine was far from convincing. The friendlies have been far more mixed with us deservedly beating the Germans, but being well out-played in Spain and France. There''s no doubt that we''ll qualify for WC2010, but we shouldn''t go too overboard. And tactically; Gerrard on the left wing - are you sure Fabio? Still, as tonight is a friendly we won''t have to worry about Gerrard, those 24hr groin strains can be a real nuisance, can''t they?Belarus also host Croatia in our group tonight. 

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

I posted on here last week about the Norwich = Champions or England = World Cup winners.  I think it was approximately a 50/50 split between the two.

I''ll always get behind our team, its a matter of national pride.

Just like i''ll always (if i can afford it) be a season ticket holder at Carrow Road, i may not agree with the board, the manager or the team at certain times but my loyalty lies with the club and badge.  I see this same perspective with England football also.

Com''on England... make us proud?

[/quote]Good post that! I think it was about 50/50. I went with an England world cup. However - had we been playing Yeovil last night and it was a choice between that and watching the England friendly, I''d have gone to Yeovil.

The Norway vs Scotland game is a little on the angry side.  Plenty of challenges combined with a Card Happy ref could make it interesting.  No stopping that Marshall by the way!

I love watching England play whether it''s a friendly or not. This is the only chance that Fabio gets to have a good look at the players playing together other then in important matches. He should be supported for having as many friendlies as possible by both fans and managers.

I think its a disgrace that clubs make such a fuss about international matches, and if players miss an international match for an injury then plays that weekend for club should be stripped of there position!

How difficult is it for christ sake to play an extra four or five friendlies a year FOR YOUR COUNTRY! These over paid pussies need to grow some balls and sort there priorities out.

Rant over

I agree with you ''Romantic'', i would choose the Yeovil game over the England match also, however, if you asked me the same question at 4.50 pm last saturday... i can honestly say i have no idea what my response would have been???

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]I agree with you ''Romantic'', i would choose the Yeovil game over the England match also, however, if you asked me the same question at 4.50 pm last saturday... i can honestly say i have no idea what my response would have been???[/quote]Sod football altogether I''m off to the pub?

England have been really good to watch since Capello took over from the wally with the brolley. I''ll be tuning in, especially as a certain Robert Green is starting in goal again. Seriously, how often does a product of the Norwich youth academy start for England?

As for the timing of the match, I wouldn''t be happy being an international having to cram a pointless friendly in before the season starts. But the £150,000 rolling into my bank account every single week with dull the pain.

I don''t have sky - but when they are on TV I will always watch it.

When it comes to the major tournaments I can then say i''ve actually followed the progress.

Its a bit like when people comment on how Norwich should be ran, play, tactics (whatever) when they don''t even go to the games!

Looking forward to tonights game, England have been in very good form under Capello with the exception of the Spain game in Valencia, will be interesting to see how they perform against another tough opposition tonight with South Africa not far away.

I do wish that more people shared my passion for the English football team as I consider myself to be highly patriotic, which it''s almost non-existent amongst alot of people these days, oh well it''s your choice I suppose.