Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

taking my son to his first norwich game against wycombe

taking my son to his first norwich game against wycombe, anyone help with where the best seats are,

Norwich And Peterborough section is where the families usually are.  I can''t imagine that you''d have any trouble in the Jarrold Stand though.  If it were me, I''d try to get a ticket in the Jarrold Stand somewhere near the middle, and close to the stairs in case you need to get to the facilities quickly.  How old is your lad ?  I''ve been thinking abuot taking my boy, he''s coming up for 5 in December though, so probably a bit youngh to appreciate it or sit still for the 90 minutes...

[quote user="gsr600"]its a treat for his 5th birthday, and which end of jarrold stand is the away fans[/quote]Cool !  The away fans are next to the Barclay Stand, taking up 3 blocks usually ( I think), 2 if it''s Plymouth.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="gsr600"]its a treat for his 5th birthday, and which end of jarrold stand is the away fans[/quote]

Cool !  The away fans are next to the Barclay Stand, taking up 3 blocks usually ( I think), 2 if it''s Plymouth.
[/quote]

Were all the shouting,singing and dancing was taking place on SATURDAY![:D]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="gsr600"]its a treat for his 5th birthday, and which end of jarrold stand is the away fans[/quote]

Cool !  The away fans are next to the Barclay Stand, taking up 3 blocks usually ( I think), 2 if it''s Plymouth.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t remember seeing you at my party

The away fans are always in block F in Jarrold Stand & sometimes In block G - depending how many there are, these 2 blocks are nearest to the Barclay stand, its more family orientated towards the other end of the Jarrold Stand & the Aviva community Lower Stand

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t remember seeing you at my party

[/quote]

You missed my slinky black number with the off the shoulder...... Oh well never mind[;)]

My 4 year old is Norwich City mad (biggest achievment of my life to date) already so got him a season ticket for this year.Obviously didn''t start off too well, he wanted to go home at H/T because everytime a goal went in he turned to me and said ''Did Norwich score that one?'' after being told no 5 times he started to get bored, pretty understandable.We are in the Jarrold stand and on row J which I thought was close enough to the pitch to keep his interest and also far enough back that we wont get soaked when the rain comes.  Also nice to be at the front as my boy loves the mascots and wants to spend all H/T down there waiting for the Captain and Cat. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Norwich And Peterborough section is where the families usually are.  I can''t imagine that you''d have any trouble in the Jarrold Stand though.  If it were me, I''d try to get a ticket in the Jarrold Stand somewhere near the middle, and close to the stairs in case you need to get to the facilities quickly.  How old is your lad ?  I''ve been thinking abuot taking my boy, he''s coming up for 5 in December though, so probably a bit youngh to appreciate it or sit still for the 90 minutes...
[/quote]

It''s a Grade C match so prices are that bit lower. I think it''s kids from £1 too but I don''t know in which parts of the ground that applies.

The Jarrold Stand certainly has a very good view from the middle, the atmosphere is friendly, but there''s very few children in there ( maybe there''s no child reductions ? ) In the block next to the away fans sit the WAG''s and they''re often seen tottering down the stairs with children, some who look as though they''re still in nappies. But of course they''re all in on freebies.

If you fancy forking out a bit extra the view is worth it but unless you can trust your son to behave himself you might get some strange looks. On balance - cost/ upsetting the regulars - I think I''d go for somewhere where there''s more children and you won''t be out of pocket so much if he gets so restless that you have to leave early ( I noticed that  for some strange reason that happened with many of the adults last Saturday...)

One big plus if you''re worried about it is the swearing in the Jarrold Stand..........there''s hardly any and there''ll be even less that day as I won''t be there !! 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Norwich And Peterborough section is where the families usually are.  I can''t imagine that you''d have any trouble in the Jarrold Stand though.  If it were me, I''d try to get a ticket in the Jarrold Stand somewhere near the middle, and close to the stairs in case you need to get to the facilities quickly.  How old is your lad ?  I''ve been thinking abuot taking my boy, he''s coming up for 5 in December though, so probably a bit youngh to appreciate it or sit still for the 90 minutes...
[/quote]

It''s a Grade C match so prices are that bit lower. I think it''s kids from £1 too but I don''t know in which parts of the ground that applies.

The Jarrold Stand certainly has a very good view from the middle, the atmosphere is friendly, but there''s very few children in there ( maybe there''s no child reductions ? ) In the block next to the away fans sit the WAG''s and they''re often seen tottering down the stairs with children, some who look as though they''re still in nappies. But of course they''re all in on freebies.

If you fancy forking out a bit extra the view is worth it but unless you can trust your son to behave himself you might get some strange looks. On balance - cost/ upsetting the regulars - I think I''d go for somewhere where there''s more children and you won''t be out of pocket so much if he gets so restless that you have to leave early ( I noticed that  for some strange reason that happened with many of the adults last Saturday...)

One big plus if you''re worried about it is the swearing in the Jarrold Stand..........there''s hardly any and there''ll be even less that day as I won''t be there !! 

Blocks J and K in the Jarrold are good; that''s where I take my grandson when he''s visiting. Although the view is better high up in the stand he likes to be near the front. If you get there in good time he might get a couple of autographs from the players while they are warming up further up the pitch. I hope he enjoys it; it''s great seeing it through the eyes of a young''un.

If you care for your son I wouldn''t take him to a Norwich match at all.Do you want to go through the same misery we all go through every weekend for the rest of his life..............thats just cruel

[quote user="gsr600"]taking my son to his first norwich game against wycombe, anyone help with where the best seats are,[/quote]

yes....outside the ground

well just booked hes jumpig round the room going yay, got row A in the norwich and peterborough stand, hopefully his first game wont be his last lol, itll be my first game since 2000 so think just as much looking forward to it as he is,

Thats quality mate, hope your son enjoys it and we might actually get 3 points for him.

Great choice of seat, nice and close to the action for your youngster :) Here''s to hoping he''s treated to a nice 3 points mate!

[quote user="gsr600"]well just booked hes jumpig round the room going yay, got row A in the norwich and peterborough stand, hopefully his first game wont be his last lol, itll be my first game since 2000 so think just as much looking forward to it as he is,[/quote]

If you remember how it was in 2000 don''t get too excited........nothing''s changed ( lol )

I''m sure your lad will enjoy it whatever happens.

Oh....the innocence of youth.

The lower tier of the Aviva community is great (as long as you are close enough to the Jaroold so you dont get a pilon in your way!) full of small kids and old people! my season ticket is there!