Sign in to follow this  
Fife Canary

Canariesworld log on problems

More of an IT question, but does anyone have difficulties logging in? My laptop works fine but my older PC comes up with a black shaded area over the intro page and never gives you the option of logging in.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andy

[quote user="Fife Canary"]

More of an IT question, but does anyone have difficulties logging in? My laptop works fine but my older PC comes up with a black shaded area over the intro page and never gives you the option of logging in.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Andy

[/quote]

Sounds like you might need to upgrade the browser on your older PC. If you''re using Internet Explorer 6 or below, you''re asking for trouble really!I''d stick Firefox 3 on there, free download from mozilla.org.

Andy, I had the same thing.  It''s your interwebbrowserthingy!  According to the nice chaps who helped me here is what you do.

Delete your browsing history etc and any shortcuts, bookmarks, favourites etc to the old site.  See if that works. If it doesn''t (and mine didn''t) do the following:

Don''t have the link unfortunately but if you download "google chrome" it will work on there.  Only problem I''ve found is that it plays havoc with this site when you want to post anything.  Solution?  Well I keep a shortcut for here on Internet Explorer and a Google Chrome shortcut for Canaries Player.  Bit of a pain initially, but at least it works.

[quote user="Totally Mad"]You could also use a mate who lives local with a DAB radio and a skype phone [;)][/quote]thats a cracking idea... 5 years in Sheffield as a Student and i didn''t think about that! i''m back in norfolk now so doesn''t matter!does it work? bet it''s sounds decent enough.(by the way student=broke! so couldn''t get canariesworld, or the new fandanglely ''Player'' [:)]