Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

hoolahans gesture ..?

[quote user="singing canary"]Wes Hoolahan is under investigation by Norwich City for events outside the ground following the 7-1 defeat at carrow road on Saturday. Hoolahan was reported to the club on Saturday evening for directing an offensive gesture at protesting fans, as he drove from the ground. In laymen’s terms, he was reported for “flicking the bird” at a group of fans who directed their anger at him as he drove past them. If confirmed, this event could be the wedge driven between player and club that allows an 11th hour bid to take Hoolahan away from the club. Although the club has said on several occasions that Wes Hoolahan is not for sale, and that the player was eager to stay, such a negative reaction to protesting fans can only be seen as contradicting that happy player image. Norwich City FC have confirmed that an investigation over the alleged incident is underway[/quote]

If Fans were doing that to me, i would have done the same thing

The people who reported him are complete Tw*ts.

This may have push him over the edge.

[quote user="IllawarraCanary"]Although a big fan of Hoolahan (and players of his ilk) IF this story is true can it be excused? I wonder what would happen to an ASDA employee who did a similar thing toa group of customers. I sincerely hope it is not true.[/quote]

If the ASDA employee was not at work, I am sure nothing would happen.  If the ASDA employee WAS at work and being heckled mercilessly by a bunch of loud mouths, I am sure ASDA would call the police to have the hecklers removed.  Then they would ask the empployee why he had people heckling him at ASDA.  Then they would make sure whatever it was that drove the people to heckle their employee didn''t happen again.  Ok, ok, we won''t put canned peas in pyramid stacks any more! 

Oh, and they would fire the board and sell to someone who knew how to run the business properly. [;)]

I think that this whole post sums up how much ego is involved in following football these days. There is no way of knowing what these fans were there for or why.

Hoolahan has made a commitment to the club and showed that on the pitch, IMO. So why the booing? It''s pathetic! what ever happened to OTBC!

The peope doing the taunting sound like jerks.  They remind me of kids who try to get the new foreign kid or their 3 yr old little sister to say swear words and laugh hysterically when he does, even though he has no idea what he''s saying.  Then when they get the reaction they are fishing for, they run and tell mom or teacher that he swore.

Such cowardice is shameful and embarrassing. Political correctness abounds, which is why the club is "investigating" this so called incident, manufactured as it was. No doubt the team is just pretending to care, because the complainants don''t sound like they are anyone the team wants around Carrow Road anyways.

[quote user="suffolk_punch"]he will be a cov player by the weekend[/quote]

Coventry will then have 3 players that helped to get us relegated.... they should be worried....

jas :)

[quote]

[quote user="suffolk_punch"]he will be a cov player by the weekend[/quote]

Does nobody else in Ipsh** own a computer or have web access? [:)]

[/quote]They can''t use keyboards with their demented hands.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]I wish people would stop jumping on this pathetic little bandwagon. It is reminding me worringly of the whole Russell Brand/Andrew Sachs debacle. I wonder how many people actually heard that show in comparison to how many complained...I bet it wasn''t even half the amount! Its embarrassing really, people make mistakes, it''s not like he set fire to the stadium with 20,000 people in there then went on to enslave the entire population of Norwich, and as a consequence beckoned the apocalypse...It really is a non-issue![/quote]Luckily not, I''d be very annoyed and might seriously consider making a complaint to the club if he had brought on the apocalypse. If there was anyone to complain to after burning the stadium down that is

I love how fans feel they can call players "W***ers" "C**ts" and all sorts then when a player does something back they all go crying to the club about the nasty player who dared to stand up to them.

Pathetic morons.

"I love how fans feel they can call players "W***ers" "C**ts" and all sorts then when a player does something back they all go crying to the club about the nasty player who dared to stand up to them.

Pathetic morons. "

here here, couldn''t agree more. These guys were giving him stick, then cried to mummy when the big boy fought back

You''re all a tad thick really.Any other club would be playing down this extremely minor incident if they wanted to keep the player concerned - in fact it wouldn''t even see the light of day.The Board want the money for Hoolahan.

[quote user="Jonzey"]"I love how fans feel they can call players "W***ers" "C**ts" and all sorts then when a player does something back they all go crying to the club about the nasty player who dared to stand up to them.

Pathetic morons. "

here here, couldn''t agree more. These guys were giving him stick, then cried to mummy when the big boy fought back[/quote]Amen, not a big deal IMO, sure the players were just as frustrated as the fans..........pathetic incident that doesn''t even deserve the time of day

It''s a very bad day for democracy and justice when you can''t reply to a raging mob with something as harmless as a one finger or two finger salute, or even a tosser sign. Wes was quite justified in what he did; why not just forget the whole trivial incident and move on now? Talk about a storm in an effing teacup!

[quote user="Scooby"]

So it''s ok for "fans" to hurl abuse at him but he''s not permitted to return the compliment?  Let''s not forget he was not on the pitch he was outside the ground on his way home.  had he been out for a meal that evening with friends/family and some so called fan started hurling abuse at him I suppose he''s supposed to sit there and smile politely is he?  I''m buggered if I would.

I wouldn''t blame him if he left immediately.

[/quote]

Too right. He stood up for himself, i wouldn''t be surprised if he left now but thankfully he ran up and grabbed that ball and put it on the penalty spot as if he thought he needed to give something to the fans. Let it go i say. Times like these i wish i could just talk to him about it myself.

[quote user="LQ"]So, Old Robert, no-one screamed "w****r" amongst other things at Wes''s car on the corner before the alleged ''finger'' incident then?

No-one chanted "you''re not fit to wear the shirt"?

Ok, if you say so.

For goodness sake - I''m actually glad that the only player who looked like real quality on the pitch on Saturday cared enough to get wound up by it. Shame he''s probably on his way out now then eh?

[/quote]

Your talking sense. Its actually good that he was wound up by it and tried stuck up for the club or the women in the car did.

[quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]

It''s a very bad day for democracy and justice when you can''t reply to a raging mob with something as harmless as a one finger or two finger salute, or even a tosser sign. Wes was quite justified in what he did; why not just forget the whole trivial incident and move on now? Talk about a storm in an effing teacup!

[/quote]

Well if I was there and he had of flicked his V''s to me then I would of lamped the little Irish tosser one and told him that he was one of the worst City wingers I have see pull on a yellow & green shirt!

I suggest he stays away in his little VIP rooms with his Orange girls when he goes out if this is true.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]

[/quote]

Well if I was there and he had of flicked his V''s to me then I would of lamped the little Irish tosser one and told him that he was one of the worst City wingers I have see pull on a yellow & green shirt!

I suggest he stays away in his little VIP rooms with his Orange girls when he goes out if this is true.

[/quote]

OOOH!! You`re so hard Cludgie! I`ll bet he is crapping himself.

I suspect that if Smudge and The Hooligan were to tangle dear old Smudge might have to make a further adjustment to his avatar.

Hoolahan was a good boxer in his teens and was once tipped as a very good prospect in that sport.

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Pablos pubic perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OOOH!! You`re so hard Cludgie! I`ll bet he is crapping himself.

[/quote]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

I suspect that if Smudge and The Hooligan were to tangle dear old Smudge might have to make a further adjustment to his avatar.

Hoolahan was a good boxer in his teens and was once tipped as a very good prospect in that sport.

[/quote]

Whereas Cludgie was a sad loner who was tipped to be an even sadder one in later life

Right then. Can I suggest that this thread has rattled on for about 5 pages too many now.There''s a game at the weekend - let''s turn our attention to that eh?

[/quote]

[/quote]I was about to post I can''t believe the rubbish you come out with, then I thought thats ridiculous its all you come out with.So, you''ve demonstated your football acumen by claiming he is one of the worst wingers to wear a city shirt'', when in actual fact, I have no doubt he''ll become the most talented, creative player thats worn the shirt.The fact that you admit to not being there to see his V sign, so you know nothing of any provocation or circumstances that led to it, and yet you go on to call one of our own players ''a little Irish t*sser'' is the clearest demonstration yet that you are not fit to call yourself a supporter.After you''ve read this and your boner subsides, I''m expecting a well thought out response written with articulate clarity & reasoning but lets face it your only here to fulfil your pleasure in creating antagonistic remarks while hiding behind the PC of yours. 

I''m impressed that someone as one-footed as Hoolahan can actually drive a car.Whatever next? Crossing with his right foot?

Saturdays freak result albeit deserved defeat was hurtful for everyone with links to the club!

Hoolahan shouldn''t of reacted to abuse but hes only human, and humans can only take so much!

A fine should suffice then forget about last Saturday in its entirety and lets get on with the job of seeing th3e team fulfill their potential and get promoted out of this Division!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger I can think of 25000 people who would ''flick the Vs'' at you