Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

hoolahans gesture ..?

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]FFS... SOURCE?????[/quote]

It is true. I complained to the club via the C/E and have received a response.

[/quote]

Well done, you may have facitiltated the removal of one of our best players. I hope you''re happy. Couldn''t you have targeted smeone sh*t like Doherty or Otsemobor you idiot??!!

[quote user="rudenotto69"][quote user=" Baldrick"]

[/quote] and it was........[/quote]

What and see.

Wait and see....oh really....Well done you hope you feel good about that

Seriously if i was hoolahan (our best player) i would want nothing to do with this club anymore.

Its a joke

[quote user="rudenotto69"]Wait and see....oh really....Well done you hope you feel good about that Seriously if i was hoolahan (our best player) i would want nothing to do with this club anymore. Its a joke[/quote]

And I don''t want anything to do with the little banker after that he can FO.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

[/quote]If it is true and you did complain then you are a pathetic individual.

[quote user=" Baldrick"]

[/quote]

Therefore sir, you are about as tactful as the character you name yourself after. People seem to stupidly forget that footballers are (with the possibly exception of Carlos Tevez) human. If you receive abuse a knee jerk reaction like Wes'' alleged gesture is not uncommon. When roles are reversed two people are paraded as heroes for making gestures towards club personel, when one player flicks a harmless finger in anger they are deemed a disgrace...Its blatent double standards. Obviously like the other 11 men in yellow shirts Wes had a bad day at the office, which would frustrate anyone, and he, by far the best player in our squad, does not need snotty nosed teenage hoodlums giving him stick. He is not a disgrace to the club, if anyone is it''s those who are effectively driving out the one player most likely to be able to get us out of this god-forsaken league. Your foolish complaint is likely to unsettle the poor guy, as would the abuse he received, and drive him out of Carrow Road. Wes'' departure would effectively be removing two wheels from the proverbial bicycle that is our season. So congratulations sir, I hope you can sleep tonight knowing you have contributed to turning this miniscule mole hill (a mole hill so small it could only have been made by a baby/disabled mole) into Everest. So thank you, I hope you sleep well tonight.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"][quote user=" Baldrick"]

[/quote]

Therefore sir, you are about as tactful as the character you name yourself after. People seem to stupidly forget that footballers are (with the possibly exception of Carlos Tevez) human. If you receive abuse a knee jerk reaction like Wes'' alleged gesture is not uncommon. When roles are reversed two people are paraded as heroes for making gestures towards club personel, when one player flicks a harmless finger in anger they are deemed a disgrace...Its blatent double standards. Obviously like the other 11 men in yellow shirts Wes had a bad day at the office, which would frustrate anyone, and he, by far the best player in our squad, does not need snotty nosed teenage hoodlums giving him stick. He is not a disgrace to the club, if anyone is it''s those who are effectively driving out the one player most likely to be able to get us out of this god-forsaken league. Your foolish complaint is likely to unsettle the poor guy, as would the abuse he received, and drive him out of Carrow Road. Wes'' departure would effectively be removing two wheels from the proverbial bicycle that is our season. So congratulations sir, I hope you can sleep tonight knowing you have contributed to turning this miniscule mole hill (a mole hill so small it could only have been made by a baby/disabled mole) into Everest. So thank you, I hope you sleep well tonight.

[/quote]

What an assumption?.

[quote user="Scooby"]

So it''s ok for "fans" to hurl abuse at him but he''s not permitted to return the compliment?  Let''s not forget he was not on the pitch he was outside the ground on his way home.  had he been out for a meal that evening with friends/family and some so called fan started hurling abuse at him I suppose he''s supposed to sit there and smile politely is he?  I''m buggered if I would.

I wouldn''t blame him if he left immediately.

[/quote]HE''S SUPPOSED TO BE A PROFESSIONAL

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"][quote user=" Baldrick"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What an assumption?.

[/quote]

So madam,what did you actually say in your complaint??

Is this the same angelic Mr Hoolahan who got into all sorts of trouble at Blackpool for his drunken hooligan antics .

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"][quote user=" Baldrick"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What an assumption?.

[/quote]

Wow, I''m absolutely astonished you have managed to successfully deconstruct every aspect of my argument with perfect accuracy. I am absolutely speechless. Hang on...Clearly you have just seen that and dismissed my entire point of view in favour of one three letter word...and anyway I''m not bound by gender specifics, eg I call gentlemen sweetheart and suchlike. Congratulations, you have proved yourself a worthy intellectual adversary....

Oh and furthermore if you''re going to name yourself after a male character don''t be surprised when people mistake you for a male...if I called myself  "Miss Moneypenny" or something, would you not think I was female..?

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]Oh and furthermore if you''re going to name yourself after a male character don''t be surprised when people mistake you for a male...if I called myself  "Miss Moneypenny" or something, would you not think I was female..?[/quote]

Dont know u been out in Norwich lately!!

What is it with this ignorant ''fans are all martyrs and can do no wrong'' mentality?I honestly don''t understand what some of you are after.You''re holding up as heroes a couple of idiots who ran on to the pitch on Saturday, demanding that the club show complete mercy and don''t ban them thus leaving the door open for any other numpty who sees fit to do the same, and slagging off a player for responding to childish behaviour by giving you the bird. Even complaining to the Chief Exec (who obviously has nothing else to do) that he did so. Last week I got told that Delia had given a ''tart'' reply to a question - some of the questions were rather on the tart side but that doesn''t matter does it? No, we''re the fans and we''re holier than thou!It''s pathetic. What extreme should this be taken to? What if Wes had complained about the people who were offering up the verbals and no doubt including a few gestures of their own?Bloody hell, no wonder society is going down the drain. Some think they can do and say whatever they want at any given time - either online or in the street - and it doesn''t matter because they''re "fans". Yet they''ll take offence at less dished out to them.There''s some serious growing up needed around here.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="OldRobert"]If he indeed did make a gesture after that performance, then that shows he doesn''t give a damn, so as far as I''m concerned he can GO and the sooner the better.[:@][/quote]Balls! It shows no such thing. Reactions like yours are half the problem - it''s all just so black and white isn''t it? He worked hard on the pitch on Saturday and was one of only 2 or 3 who kept asking for the ball and didn''t go hiding. After the game something happened with a small group of ''supporters'' who had waited outside the players car park to bait them as they left. He evidently took some abuse and gave some back. What would you rather - that he stopped and handed out signed shirts? It didn''t happen on the pitch, the fans were there with the exclusive motive of being abusive (a reasonable assumption but an assumption I''ll grant you). All I can say is that it''s a good thing that the hiring and firing aint up to you. Hopefully someone with an iota of common sense will deal with it![/quote]
My version of events:As a fan who was there and saw this first hand I will go on record as saying this; I would place most of the protesters in the 12 - 18 age group particularly the ones who were involved in this incident.When

Hoolahan passed the protesters the car stopped and a woman got out of

the passenger seat and allegedly made comments to some of the

protesters. Following the alleged comments several fans followed the

car to the end of Carrow Road where the alleged gesture was made. Nothing

was directed at Hoolahan, UNTIL the female in the passenger seat got

out close to the city stand entrance and allegedly made comments to

some of the protesters. The Chants being used include but were not limited to; "That was embarrasing""We want Delia Out""Always S*** on the old blue and white"NOTHING was directed at specific players or managment staff.Simon

Lappin and another player shortly after drove straight past the

protest, Lappin didn''t bat an eyelid and the other player whom I didn''t

see closely to put a name to raised his hand in thanks to the people

who moved out of his way. Wes Hoolahan then drove past and the whole

ugly scene played out.My only other comment is this. There is

more than one exit from the players carpark. Only 3 players drove down

Carrow Road. The Changing rooms face out on to Carrow Road so the

players would have heard what was going on. Would it have been wise to

have left via another exit if you didn''t fancy the confrontation.

Sounds pretty black and white to me....Sling him out.[:#]

[quote user="LQ"]What is it with this ignorant ''fans are all martyrs and can do no wrong'' mentality?

I honestly don''t understand what some of you are after.

You''re holding up as heroes a couple of idiots who ran on to the pitch on Saturday, demanding that the club show complete mercy and don''t ban them thus leaving the door open for any other numpty who sees fit to do the same, and slagging off a player for responding to childish behaviour by giving you the bird. Even complaining to the Chief Exec (who obviously has nothing else to do) that he did so. Last week I got told that Delia had given a ''tart'' reply to a question - some of the questions were rather on the tart side but that doesn''t matter does it? No, we''re the fans and we''re holier than thou!

It''s pathetic. What extreme should this be taken to? What if Wes had complained about the people who were offering up the verbals and no doubt including a few gestures of their own?

Bloody hell, no wonder society is going down the drain. Some think they can do and say whatever they want at any given time - either online or in the street - and it doesn''t matter because they''re "fans". Yet they''ll take offence at less dished out to them.

There''s some serious growing up needed around here.

[/quote]Well said and counselling for abusive fans is probably just around the corner.

So, Old Robert, no-one screamed "w****r" amongst other things at Wes''s car on the corner before the alleged ''finger'' incident then?No-one chanted "you''re not fit to wear the shirt"?Ok, if you say so.For goodness sake - I''m actually glad that the only player who looked like real quality on the pitch on Saturday cared enough to get wound up by it. Shame he''s probably on his way out now then eh?

What a load of nonsence all this stuff is. There are more important things to worry about than this, true or not, there some very small minded people on here, get a life, your probably the same ones that turned up on Saturday expecting us to walk all over CU, waving little flags and weeing yourselves with excitement. He`s just a bloke who probably did something on the spur of the moment, just like everyone else has done, and now regrets it!

I wish people would stop jumping on this pathetic little bandwagon. It is reminding me worringly of the whole Russell Brand/Andrew Sachs debacle. I wonder how many people actually heard that show in comparison to how many complained...I bet it wasn''t even half the amount! Its embarrassing really, people make mistakes, it''s not like he set fire to the stadium with 20,000 people in there then went on to enslave the entire population of Norwich, and as a consequence beckoned the apocalypse...It really is a non-issue!

[quote user="LQ"]So, Old Robert, no-one screamed "w****r" amongst other things at Wes''s car on the corner before the alleged ''finger'' incident then?No-one chanted "you''re not fit to wear the shirt"?Ok, if you say so.For goodness sake - I''m actually glad that the only player who looked like real quality on the pitch on Saturday cared enough to get wound up by it. Shame he''s probably on his way out now then eh?

[/quote]Might be a shame to you....not to me.  If he was quality on Saturday it shows how mediocre he really is.  On the way out....good riddance.  And that donkey Doherty can go too[:|]

[quote user="OldRobert"]If he indeed did make a gesture after that performance, then that shows he doesn''t give a damn, so as far as I''m concerned he can GO and the sooner the better.[:@][/quote]

absolute rubbish, he was probably more annoyed at the fact they were having a go at him when he was one of the few that actually played well.

I dont really care about this at all, he was obviously pee''d off as we were and if you had an angry mob shouting abuse at you what would you do?

Its just human nature, yes he should know better but still just a natural reaction.

[quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="rudenotto69"][quote user=" Baldrick"]

What and see.

[/quote]Fuck you, you pathetic waste of space if we end up losing one of our only creative players because you got up on your high horse because some guy stuck his finger up to you. Welcome to the real world, prick. [:@]

[quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]I wish people would stop jumping on this pathetic little bandwagon. It is reminding me worringly of the whole Russell Brand/Andrew Sachs debacle. I wonder how many people actually heard that show in comparison to how many complained...I bet it wasn''t even half the amount! Its embarrassing really, people make mistakes, it''s not like he set fire to the stadium with 20,000 people in there then went on to enslave the entire population of Norwich, and as a consequence beckoned the apocalypse...It really is a non-issue![/quote]He couldn''t.Delia cornered that market ages ago and is very teritorial.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user=" Baldrick"][quote user="rudenotto69"][quote user=" Baldrick"]

What and see.

[/quote]Fuck you, you pathetic waste of space if we end up losing one of our only creative players because you got up on your high horse because some guy stuck his finger up to you. Welcome to the real world, prick. [:@][/quote]Dear Dear...what will you do if he goes...cry?[:#]

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="Wes Hoolahanraha-hanrahan"]I wish people would stop jumping on this pathetic little bandwagon. It is reminding me worringly of the whole Russell Brand/Andrew Sachs debacle. I wonder how many people actually heard that show in comparison to how many complained...I bet it wasn''t even half the amount! Its embarrassing really, people make mistakes, it''s not like he set fire to the stadium with 20,000 people in there then went on to enslave the entire population of Norwich, and as a consequence beckoned the apocalypse...It really is a non-issue![/quote]

He couldn''t.

Delia cornered that market ages ago and is very teritorial.
[/quote]

Hehe, brilliant!