Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Mick Dennis- Where is your objectivity

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]Sports journalists haven''t got a clue when it comes to the finance side of football clubs but then thats no surprise. They should stick to the football.[/quote]Yep! And accountants who know nothing about football should stick to financial sites![/quote]

And you should stick to gardening!

P.S. Bought your season ticket yet?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Sports journalists haven''t got a clue when it comes to the finance side of football clubs but then thats no surprise. They should stick to the football.

[/quote]What a superb way to get possibly the only well known Norwich supporting sports journo on your side Tangy.  Terrifically well done.  You are so argumentative, your arguments get lost !

[quote user="ACE"]If that is Mick Dennis then I would like to say, yes Delia and Michael care.  But they have surely don''t you think also proved that they are not the people to lead the club forward do you think?  And being at the CC AGM last night, you will have heard that the club is "not for sale".  Does that sit well with you considering their well-meaning failure?
[/quote]

If they care so much then why are they "not keen on selling their shares" (their words not mine) to somebody who has the financial muscle to ensure that NCFC should be competing at a level that it''s fanbase deserves?

[quote user="thebigfeller"]Hello Mick,

Fair play to you for coming on here and replying. I don''t doubt some City fans must give you a hard time; but the thing is, it''s eminently justified if you ask me, and you largely bring it on yourself, often incorrigibly so.

Many a time in the past, I''ve watched you as a pundit on, say, C5''s football show and been impressed. You always fought our corner, and very well too. But in the last couple of years, it''s as though you''ve become totally oblivious to the club''s many faults, and the reasons why we''ve fallen to such a miserably low ebb - and to my mind, that can only be because you''re compromised. As a result of your friendship with Delia and Michael, you quite clearly can''t do your job properly when it comes to reporting things NCFC - and that''s incredibly frustrating, largely because you''re the one national media voice the club seems to have.

Sympathy for Glenn Roeder''s wife? Where was your sympathy when he sacked NCFC employees left, right and centre? Sympathy for Delia and Michael? I take it you also sympathise with directors of other clubs when they make a total pig''s ear of it? Thought not: because if it did, it''d again prevent you from doing your job. When football club owners are incompetent the world over, they have to be called on it: and it doesn''t matter how well intentioned they might be, or whether their heart is in the right place. Where have those qualities got our joint majority shareholders? Answer: to the point whereby they oversaw our plummet into the third tier of English football.

At the Caps AGM, Delia and Michael accepted they''d made mistakes, as you say. But do they have any clue why they made them - and hence, any chance of not making similar ones in the future? I doubt it; because to my mind, they made their biggest mistake yet when giving the job to a total novice in May. Many of their mistakes over the past five years have defied logic - and it''s not hindsight which leads me to say that. Many people on here spotted them when they were made in the first place: none of it has been anything approaching rocket science.

On the bright side, we at least have some new directors now - and especially a new CEO who, I hope, will brook no further nonsense. But could you explain something to me? How, on the one hand, can Delia Smith openly admit to knowing nothing about football, and on the other, play a huge role in the appointment of the club''s manager? She''s not qualified to do this; just as, surprise surprise, Bryan Gunn isn''t qualified to be a manager either. Are people in your profession appointed by people who don''t know what they''re doing? In your field, is an excuse of "but they care - and mean well" countenanced when someone is patently out of their depth?

I can only assume Charlie Catchpole has arrived at similar conclusions to many of us. Frankly, they''re the only reasonable ones anyone with any objectivity could reach. Your friends Delia and Michael have, I''m afraid, turned Norwich City into a pathetic soft touch riddled with sentimentality: an attitude which betrays over 25000 fans, and stems from the very top. It''ll take years to rid ourselves of this - but sadly, Delia in particular continually encourages it, which is manna from heaven for our rivals. No wonder the club attracts so much praise: why would our many competitors in the most ruthless of industries want us to wake up to ourselves and where we''re going wrong? It''s such a shame: indeed, that Delia and Michael apparently care so much is, I''m afraid, very much part of the problem. Some day, in private, I hope you have the guts to tell them that.
[/quote]

Fantastic post that will hopefully not get lost amongst everything else in this thread.

Hello again

Yes, I am a shareholder. Yes, I had a copy of the accounts. I can read a balance sheet but I also showed them to my son, an accountant at Deloitte. He said that in any other business, he''d be worried about the viability of the company, but that it was fairly typical for a football club -- i.e. it was relying on the generosity of the owners to remain solvent.

I was a bit sloppy in quoting Delia about the gate receipts. What she said was that gate receipts alone are not sufficient to run the club.

The running costs include everybody''s wages of course, plus grounds and buildings maintenance, fuel bills, travel and hotel bills for the team, insurance, and so on and so on. But the biggest outgoing at any club is the cost of the players -- which includes transfer fees, signing on fees, wages, bonuses, agents fees, benefits in kind and so on.

So I simplified my point, for the sake of brevity, and said our income from attendances do not cover the players. I should have said that income from attendances do not cover the outgoings.

They don''t. Nor do they at any club whose accounts I have studied -- and I look at several every year.

In addition to my job as a football writer and broadcaster I chair a funding panel for the Football Foundation. The Foundation, a charity, goes through football clubs'' accounts very, very closely and often demands spot checks on the books, because it gives clubs hundreds of thousands of pounds towards the cost of community schemes.

The books of one or two clubs give the Foundation cause for concern. Norwich City''s accounts are always held up as a model of transparency and probity.

Also, the Football League do their own scrutiny of accounts. And of course, the NCFC accounts are independently auditted.

There is no mystery. There is no missing money.

Year after year our club sets a "player budget" and tell the manager he can spend that total on transfer fees, loan fees, wages, agent fees and so on. And year after year, that total includes money Michael and Delia have effectively given the club.

The facts about our club this season are that Michael Foulger''s donation and the money from those season ticket holders who did not take their rebate combined to pay for Grant Holt -- his fee and his wages.

But, from what David McNally said at the meeting, it sounded to me as if Delia and Michael had also put some more money in this summer.

Now, I know many posters want D & M out. I understand that opinion, even if I don''t share it, but let''s not start calling them crooks or liars. That is very unfair and completely untrue.

They don''t take anything out of the club. They don''t pay themselves a wage, like Sheephanks used to at Ipswich. They give their time, money and effort for free.

As an tiny example, Michael settled our table''s Gunn Club bill on Saturday. I know, because I had already paid for a round of drinks when D & M got there, and later there was a discussion about them when Michael was paying for the meal and drinks.

You will say; "And so he should pay!" But my point is, he does, always.

Finally, I am sorry that some posters still think I am scum. I am even sorrier that some say things like I "purport" to care about the club.

I had hoped that we could at least all agree that we all care, even if we come to different conclusions about the way forward.

Given the tone of some of the comments, there seems no point in my continuing to try and have a rational discussion here, so I''ll stop now.

OTBC.

Mick,

Although I think you are too close to the club for objectivity you do deserve credit for talking up Norwich during your stint on Talksport recently.

As for the clubs finances, we really do need to go up this season for financial reasons yet alone our feelings as fans. The risk is that if we dont go up this season, season ticket revenue etc. may fall further which surely means a further cut in the playing budget. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Mick, you come across as a decent person as i am sure D and M are, but in your latest piece there is another example of why your articles often infuriate people.  From memory "Delia once again reiterated that ticket income wasn`t sufficient to cover player wages- even at division 1 level".  Yes, she did indeed say that but surely it is your job as a journalist to do a bit of research and find out whether a statement is actually true or not, rather than just parrot it as an undeniable truth? 

I assume you are a shareholder?  If so take a look at ticket income vs. player wages in the last two annual reports and let me know which figure has been greater (it`s ticket income...).  Then ponder the extent to which a large chunk of player wages have been subsidised by year-on-year profits in the transfer market.  Then ponder the fact that our ticket income will not fall significantly this season (with 19k season tickets), yet player wages undeniably will- making the gap between ticket income and player wages even greater.

Delias statement is nothing more than a nice, pithy, easily digestible lie and i have to question your honesty and integrity in going along with it.

[/quote]

I like the first paragraph Mr Carrow. Seems a good idea to me to get a respected journo onside in an attempt to do a bit of research to uncover some facts about issues that divide some fans on here. But in the last paragraph is an example of things you post that infuriate some of us. To brand Delia a liar on the strength of what is surely hearsay is hardly fair is it?

[/quote]

How is what is printed in the accounts hearsay Nutty?  [:^)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ACE"]If that is Mick Dennis then I would like to say, yes Delia and Michael care.  But they have surely don''t you think also proved that they are not the people to lead the club forward do you think?  And being at the CC AGM last night, you will have heard that the club is "not for sale".  Does that sit well with you considering their well-meaning failure?
[/quote]

If they care so much then why are they "not keen on selling their shares" (their words not mine) to somebody who has the financial muscle to ensure that NCFC should be competing at a level that it''s fanbase deserves?

[/quote]

Then theres the comment about the shares being worthless...........

[quote user="Mick Dennis"] I can read a balance [/quote]

Mick,

But can you read a Profit & Loss Account (and the notes re the Accounts)?

I''m not talking about anything you have written but the numbers of times I have read articles on the sports pages of newspapers and its obvious that the author of the article has no idea about the Accounts of the club they have written about, e.g., the number of times a Profit & Loss Account is described as the Balance Sheet.

Thanks for taking the time out to give your point of view.  It''s a shame that a proper discussion can''t take place without the brickbats, I would urge the people on this thread that can write without resorting to abuse to PM Mick to continue this offline.  A shame really because I''ve enjoyed reading this.From a financial angle I''d agree with a lot of your points Mick.  I guess the main problem has been the appointment of managers (and isn''t hindsight useful there), although in the case of Roeder and Grant maybe the rot could have been stopped earlier if some kind of player representation was available to the board, the purchase of the Jarrold land hasn''t helped either.  We now have a CEO who is focused on getting as much money together as possible for the team, which is great.  I think a lot of people will agree with most of your opinions on NCFC, if not on who should be running the club.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"], the purchase of the Jarrold land hasn''t helped either.  [/quote]

When did we buy some land from Jarrolds?

[/quote]Sorry, that was short-hand for the land behind the Jarrold stand, in reality it just looked like it was typed by a lunatic stroke victim.  Thanks as ever for pointing out my flaws Tangy, if only we were all as perfect as you.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"], the purchase of the Jarrold land hasn''t helped either.  [/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry, that was short-hand for the land behind the Jarrold stand, in reality it just looked like it was typed by a lunatic stroke victim.  Thanks as ever for pointing out my flaws Tangy, if only we were all as perfect as you.
[/quote]

Keep trying (tongue in cheek)! Lol!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Delias statement is nothing more than a nice, pithy, easily digestible lie and i have to question your honesty and integrity in going along with it.

[/quote]

I like the first paragraph Mr Carrow. Seems a good idea to me to get a respected journo onside in an attempt to do a bit of research to uncover some facts about issues that divide some fans on here. But in the last paragraph is an example of things you post that infuriate some of us. To brand Delia a liar on the strength of what is surely hearsay is hardly fair is it?

[/quote]

What exactly are you calling hearsay nutty?  This is Mick`s quote: "Delia and Michael stressed at the Capital Canaries question and answer session on Monday night that our impressive Carrow Rd attendances do not generate enough income to pay the wages of even a league one squad".  Do you think he misheard or misunderstood?  Or are you describing what is printed in black and white in fully audited accounts as hearsay?

[/quote]

Is it clearer now Mr Carrow (And Smudger) I am describing Micks quote as hearsay. And it didn''t warrant you calling Delia a liar. It''s the tip of the iceberg I''m afraid. So many times Delia''s quotes are misrepresented on here and then she is called a liar. Nobody yet has quoted correctly what I heard her say regarding outside investment at last years AGM.

I made this offer before, and happily make it again, I''m quite happy to sit with you at the next AGM so that we hear the same version of events. For someone so interested in these accounts I''m staggered that you make no effort to be there.

I obviously wasn''t trying to make out something printed in black & white in fully audited accounts is hearsay. You both need to get off your condescending high horses and read what is written.[;)]

[quote user="Mick Dennis"] Given the tone of some of the comments, there seems no point in my continuing to try and have a rational discussion here, so I''ll stop now. OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Given the tone of some of the comments, there seems no point in my continuing to try and have a rational discussion here, so I''ll stop now. OTBC.

[/quote]

How very true... That''s why I resorted to talking cr@p on here along time ago.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

Sorry, that was short-hand for the land behind the Jarrold stand, in reality it just looked like it was typed by a lunatic stroke victim.  Thanks as ever for pointing out my flaws Tangy, if only we were all as perfect as you.
[/quote]

Keep trying (tongue in cheek)! Lol!

[/quote]

hahaha Tangy, Tangy, Tangy!!! [:D]

I think we all appreciate your time in coming on here to respond, Mr Dennis.[quote user="Mick Dennis"]

As an tiny example, Michael settled our table''s Gunn Club bill on Saturday. But my point is, he does, always. [/quote]A-ha. As we always suspected, the bellwether of a competent football club owner is not primarily

found within the club''s trajectory during their tenure. Nor should one

hastily turn towards their track record of managing assets and debt.More logically, it should be gauged in their capacity for the warmth of

friendship, and particularly, whether or not they bought you dinner.[quote user="Mick Dennis"] I agree as well that, when you look into the

eyes of the manager''s family and see the hurt it is impossible not to

feel empathy and sympathy. [/quote]

Nice to have this one cleared up.  The bellwether of a competent football manager will not be found within his footballing CV, after all. Rather, close attention should be paid towards "the hurt in their eyes", and the "hurt" shown in those of their spouses and children.A much more reliable forecase for the future, I''m sure we can now all agree.[quote user="Mick Dennis"]I am proud that they might consider me their friend.[/quote]Well, at least with this statement, you can finally disabuse yourself of any pretense towards the slightest piece of journalistic credibility.Embrace the clarity, we are.

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Given the tone of some of the comments, there seems no point in my continuing to try and have a rational discussion here, so I''ll stop now. OTBC.[/quote]

Oh dear Mick, putting down your fellow City fans yet again I see?

You then have the audacity to question why you are insulted by certain sections of our support... [:$]

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Hello again Yes, I am a shareholder. Yes, I had a copy of the accounts. I can read a balance sheet but I also showed them to my son, an accountant at Deloitte. He said that in any other business, he''d be worried about the viability of the company, but that it was fairly typical for a football club -- i.e. it was relying on the generosity of the owners to remain solvent. I was a bit sloppy in quoting Delia about the gate receipts. What she said was that gate receipts alone are not sufficient to run the club. The running costs include everybody''s wages of course, plus grounds and buildings maintenance, fuel bills, travel and hotel bills for the team, insurance, and so on and so on. But the biggest outgoing at any club is the cost of the players -- which includes transfer fees, signing on fees, wages, bonuses, agents fees, benefits in kind and so on. So I simplified my point, for the sake of brevity, and said our income from attendances do not cover the players. I should have said that income from attendances do not cover the outgoings. They don''t. Nor do they at any club whose accounts I have studied -- and I look at several every year. In addition to my job as a football writer and broadcaster I chair a funding panel for the Football Foundation. The Foundation, a charity, goes through football clubs'' accounts very, very closely and often demands spot checks on the books, because it gives clubs hundreds of thousands of pounds towards the cost of community schemes. The books of one or two clubs give the Foundation cause for concern. Norwich City''s accounts are always held up as a model of transparency and probity. Also, the Football League do their own scrutiny of accounts. And of course, the NCFC accounts are independently auditted. There is no mystery. There is no missing money. Year after year our club sets a "player budget" and tell the manager he can spend that total on transfer fees, loan fees, wages, agent fees and so on. And year after year, that total includes money Michael and Delia have effectively given the club. The facts about our club this season are that Michael Foulger''s donation and the money from those season ticket holders who did not take their rebate combined to pay for Grant Holt -- his fee and his wages. But, from what David McNally said at the meeting, it sounded to me as if Delia and Michael had also put some more money in this summer. Now, I know many posters want D & M out. I understand that opinion, even if I don''t share it, but let''s not start calling them crooks or liars. That is very unfair and completely untrue. They don''t take anything out of the club. They don''t pay themselves a wage, like Sheephanks used to at Ipswich. They give their time, money and effort for free. As an tiny example, Michael settled our table''s Gunn Club bill on Saturday. I know, because I had already paid for a round of drinks when D & M got there, and later there was a discussion about them when Michael was paying for the meal and drinks. You will say; "And so he should pay!" But my point is, he does, always. Finally, I am sorry that some posters still think I am scum. I am even sorrier that some say things like I "purport" to care about the club. I had hoped that we could at least all agree that we all care, even if we come to different conclusions about the way forward. Given the tone of some of the comments, there seems no point in my continuing to try and have a rational discussion here, so I''ll stop now. OTBC.[/quote]

Like many on here i`m pleased you are prepared to enter the debate so will try to keep it civil, but perhaps you could have a think about your "ingrates" comment and "lychmob" article before getting indignant about my choice of words?

The biggest outgoing at our football club is not the players Mick, and hasn`t been for several years.  You say you`ve perused the accounts but i struggle to see how you can make such a comment when `08 showed an income of £19m and player wages of £6.8m largely funded by a £3.5m transfer profit.  It also showed that for the club to break even it could only afford to spend 10% of its income on its squad and comparison with Preston shows they could afford over 60% of their income.  Comparison with `02 shows that back then we could afford 35%.  Do you not think that concerned supporters should question why this is?  Why was our player wage bill £6.8m whilst the overall wage bill was £14m?  Who are all these people and how exactly are they contributing to the "success" of recent years?  Why can Preston get by with 20 non-footballing staff whilst we have 134?  Where the land/spine roads/new ticket offices/facilities at Colney etc.,etc. money well spent?  If not who`s idea were they?  I honestly believe an informed, caring supporter would be looking into these things.

Also, no-one has even hinted at "missing money" or "crooks" on this thread so why do you feel the need to bring it up?  And ONE poster called you "scum" (not so different from "ingrates" or trying to portray concerned supporters as a baying lychmob IMO.....) and several rounded on him for it, yet you refer to it in the plural......[^o)] 

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Hello again Yes, I am a shareholder. Yes, I had a copy of the accounts. I can read a balance sheet but I also showed them to my son, an accountant at Deloitte. He said that in any other business, he''d be worried about the viability of the company, but that it was fairly typical for a football club -- i.e. it was relying on the generosity of the owners to remain solvent. I was a bit sloppy in quoting Delia about the gate receipts. What she said was that gate receipts alone are not sufficient to run the club. The running costs include everybody''s wages of course, plus grounds and buildings maintenance, fuel bills, travel and hotel bills for the team, insurance, and so on and so on. But the biggest outgoing at any club is the cost of the players -- which includes transfer fees, signing on fees, wages, bonuses, agents fees, benefits in kind and so on. So I simplified my point, for the sake of brevity, and said our income from attendances do not cover the players. I should have said that income from attendances do not cover the outgoings. They don''t. Nor do they at any club whose accounts I have studied -- and I look at several every year. In addition to my job as a football writer and broadcaster I chair a funding panel for the Football Foundation. The Foundation, a charity, goes through football clubs'' accounts very, very closely and often demands spot checks on the books, because it gives clubs hundreds of thousands of pounds towards the cost of community schemes. The books of one or two clubs give the Foundation cause for concern. Norwich City''s accounts are always held up as a model of transparency and probity. Also, the Football League do their own scrutiny of accounts. And of course, the NCFC accounts are independently auditted. There is no mystery. There is no missing money. Year after year our club sets a "player budget" and tell the manager he can spend that total on transfer fees, loan fees, wages, agent fees and so on. And year after year, that total includes money Michael and Delia have effectively given the club. The facts about our club this season are that Michael Foulger''s donation and the money from those season ticket holders who did not take their rebate combined to pay for Grant Holt -- his fee and his wages. But, from what David McNally said at the meeting, it sounded to me as if Delia and Michael had also put some more money in this summer. Now, I know many posters want D & M out. I understand that opinion, even if I don''t share it, but let''s not start calling them crooks or liars. That is very unfair and completely untrue. They don''t take anything out of the club. They don''t pay themselves a wage, like Sheephanks used to at Ipswich. They give their time, money and effort for free. As an tiny example, Michael settled our table''s Gunn Club bill on Saturday. I know, because I had already paid for a round of drinks when D & M got there, and later there was a discussion about them when Michael was paying for the meal and drinks. You will say; "And so he should pay!" But my point is, he does, always. Finally, I am sorry that some posters still think I am scum. I am even sorrier that some say things like I "purport" to care about the club. I had hoped that we could at least all agree that we all care, even if we come to different conclusions about the way forward. Given the tone of some of the comments, there seems no point in my continuing to try and have a rational discussion here, so I''ll stop now. OTBC.[/quote]

Like many on here i`m pleased you are prepared to enter the debate so will try to keep it civil, but perhaps you could have a think about your "ingrates" comment and "lychmob" article before getting indignant about my choice of words?

The biggest outgoing at our football club is not the players Mick, and hasn`t been for several years.  You say you`ve perused the accounts but i struggle to see how you can make such a comment when `08 showed an income of £19m and player wages of £6.8m largely funded by a £3.5m transfer profit.  It also showed that for the club to break even it could only afford to spend 10% of its income on its squad and comparison with Preston shows they could afford over 60% of their income.  Comparison with `02 shows that back then we could afford 35%.  Do you not think that concerned supporters should question why this is?  Why was our player wage bill £6.8m whilst the overall wage bill was £14m?  Who are all these people and how exactly are they contributing to the "success" of recent years?  Why can Preston get by with 20 non-footballing staff whilst we have 134?  Where the land/spine roads/new ticket offices/facilities at Colney etc.,etc. money well spent?  If not who`s idea were they?  I honestly believe an informed, caring supporter would be looking into these things.

Also, no-one has even hinted at "missing money" or "crooks" on this thread so why do you feel the need to bring it up?  And ONE poster called you "scum" (not so different from "ingrates" or trying to portray concerned supporters as a baying lychmob IMO.....) and several rounded on him for it, yet you refer to it in the plural......[^o)] 

[/quote]

Good points Mr Carrow.

I wonder if Mick is really up for a rational discussion?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

... `08 showed an income of £19m and player wages of £6.8m largely funded by a £3.5m transfer profit. ..

[/quote]

This figure of £6.8m for player wages has been mentioned several times. I can''t find it in the 2008 Annual Report. Could you tell me where it comes from please? Also, is the figure inclusive of social security costs? Thanks.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Erm, freebie fan? I am typing this in a dodgy Travelodge outside Yeovil. I paid to stand on the terrace. I pay to watch City home and away whenever my work allows, and have done for 31 years, since I left the EDP and moved away from Norfolk. I know I shouldn''t be so sensitive but the idea that I don''t understand because I accept an invite to go to Carrow Road as a guest a couple of times a season is bonkers. See you at Brentford? Some great chants tonight, by the way. I loved: "Sit down if you hate the scum." I am so relieved after watching an away win -- was the last one QPR? I paid to watch that as well -- that I am going to write a column for Waghorn before sleep.[/quote]

You are undoubtably scum of the earth, your pitiful rant after the fans diplay of discontent after the worst display from a Norwich team in living memory (Charlton  FA cup replay last season) was nothing short of a joke.

[/quote]

You would get more respect on here if you had the balls to contribute using your real name.

I do agree with everythings Mick Dennis says but at least he is accountable in that we know who he is. It''s easy to hide behind random usernames

[quote user="Si Wilson"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Erm, freebie fan? I am typing this in a dodgy Travelodge outside Yeovil. I paid to stand on the terrace. I pay to watch City home and away whenever my work allows, and have done for 31 years, since I left the EDP and moved away from Norfolk. I know I shouldn''t be so sensitive but the idea that I don''t understand because I accept an invite to go to Carrow Road as a guest a couple of times a season is bonkers. See you at Brentford? Some great chants tonight, by the way. I loved: "Sit down if you hate the scum." I am so relieved after watching an away win -- was the last one QPR? I paid to watch that as well -- that I am going to write a column for Waghorn before sleep.[/quote]

You are undoubtably scum of the earth, your pitiful rant after the fans diplay of discontent after the worst display from a Norwich team in living memory (Charlton  FA cup replay last season) was nothing short of a joke.

[/quote]

You would get more respect on here if you had the balls to contribute using your real name.

I do agree with everythings Mick Dennis says but at least he is accountable in that we know who he is. It''s easy to hide behind random usernames

[/quote]

That should read "do NOT agree"!!!

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: We''ve just destroyed another MP''s career this end. Monstrously good feeling.[:D][:D]

The MP won''t like it either but hard ******* luck.

[/quote]

Is this anything to do with Alan Duncan or is there something else afoot as we speak?

Mick it would in my opinion be a great shame for you to give into some of the posters and not continue to put your views and points on this site. Many of us do care about the club and many have an ability to be open minded and accept that not everyone is a liar or putting spin on the subject being debated just because the person in question maybe closer to Delia than many of the thousands of true Norwich City fans.

Many of the fans will value more knowledge and insight into the club and value the debate. I believe we all want the same thing success on the pitch and a team that will go through brick walls for the club. 

Thanks for your comments Mick, and for the way you have promoted our Club over the years.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

PS: We''ve just destroyed another MP''s career this end. Monstrously good feeling.[:D][:D]

[/quote]

Is this anything to do with Alan Duncan or is there something else afoot as we speak?

[/quote]

Yes, Duncan.  What a plonker as Del Boy might have said.  And this is the man charged with rebutting criticism of other Tory MP''s caught up over the exes scandal.

There are times when you really can''t make it up although, of course, we keep trying[:P]

Anyway, we are relieved to see that it was "all a joke". [:)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, Duncan.  What a plonker as Del Boy might have said.  And this is the man charged with rebutting criticism of other Tory MP''s caught up over the exes scandal.

There are times when you really can''t make it up although, of course, we keep trying[:P]

Anyway, we are relieved to see that it was "all a joke". [:)]

[/quote]

Of course it is a joke, like he says, why would anyone want to hear him whingeing. [;)]

Even better for him though, he got a nice bit of free gardening. That will help with all this rationing going on. [:D]