Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

Mick Dennis- Where is your objectivity

Unlike alot of supporters I have a good respect for Mick Dennis and mostly agree with his comments his columns are always straight and to the point, but when it comes to his beloved Canaries he has a huge problem.

On Talksport yestarday he said he felt sorry for Delia, Michael and Gunny''s wife ! The first thing you need in journalism is objectivity......Mick you are far too close to the present Board to give a fair assessment of the state of affairs at Carrow Road.

Delia, Michael & Susan Gunn have all put themselves in positions were they must accept the criticism if things go so badly wrong.

The Gunn''s in particular have gone through something far, far worse than barracking from supporters.  

I would say 90% of city supporters do not expect the team to be challenging Man U etc or even in the Premiership for that matter, but surely we deserve a team that goes out and trys to get us back at the very least to the Championship ?

You see Mick these are the people you should feel sorry for, people whose whole week is affected by what Norwich City do at the weekend, all those  commited souls traveling to Yeovil & Exeter & the 25,000 fans on Saturday.

You see Mick the aforementioned can do nothing about what is happening but the three you feel sorry for they can and that is the point.

[quote user="canarytim"]

Unlike alot of supporters I have a good respect for Mick Dennis and mostly agree with his comments his columns are always straight and to the point, but when it comes to his beloved Canaries he has a huge problem.

On Talksport yestarday he said he felt sorry for Delia, Michael and Gunny''s wife ! The first thing you need in journalism is objectivity......Mick you are far too close to the present Board to give a fair assessment of the state of affairs at Carrow Road.

Delia, Michael & Susan Gunn have all put themselves in positions were they must accept the criticism if things go so badly wrong.

The Gunn''s in particular have gone through something far, far worse than barracking from supporters.  

I would say 90% of city supporters do not expect the team to be challenging Man U etc or even in the Premiership for that matter, but surely we deserve a team that goes out and trys to get us back at the very least to the Championship ?

You see Mick these are the people you should feel sorry for, people whose whole week is affected by what Norwich City do at the weekend, all those  commited souls traveling to Yeovil & Exeter & the 25,000 fans on Saturday.

You see Mick the aforementioned can do nothing about what is happening but the three you feel sorry for they can and that is the point.

[/quote]

Mick was seen having a chat to a fan on Saturday, he was saying he was hurting as much as the next man, as he scuttled of for his free meal with Delia on his free tickets!  Sorry but the bloke is a grade A plank and I wish he would just disapear!

I seem to remember him publishing a similar article following the demise of a certain Glenn Roeder in which the fans were demonized for daring to express their anger at both manager and board. Methinks that Mick Dennis should wind his neck in a little bit and regain a firm grasp of reality.

[quote user="Berkshire Canary"]I seem to remember him publishing a similar article following the demise of a certain Glenn Roeder in which the fans were demonized for daring to express their anger at both manager and board. Methinks that Mick Dennis should wind his neck in a little bit and regain a firm grasp of reality.[/quote]

Hear hear

Mick Dennis was suitade and booted and came out of the directors box entrance after the game on saturday obviously having sat in there as a guest of Delia for the day. A few fans recognised him and gave him some stick over his constant delia defending and he looked a bit shocked and refused to discuss it. The one think this guy is not is unbiased. He is a mate of Delia''s and part of her cosy little group of sychophantic hangers on.

Mick Dennis I suggest you read Charlie Catchpole in the Currant Bun.  A Canary journo just a little bit more objective.

I am "scuttling off" to Yeovil soon, but let me try to say some of the things I would have liked to have said when I was sworn at on Saturday.

I plead guilty to having been "booted and suited" and having accepted a kind invitation to be Delia and Michael''s guests at the game. I had already bought tickets when I got the invitation, so I gave my tickets to my son.

After the game, my wife and I popped out briefly to see our son. I was sworn at and my instinct was to have a "discussion". My wife (a city fan long before we met, incidentally) urged me to keep walking and I think, in retrospect that she was right. It would not have been possible to have a reasoned discussion when we were all so upset and angry.

As I have said in today''s Express, I can cope with being sworn at, but I don''t think my wife needed to hear it.

As for the central charge in these posts (that I lack objectivity), well, I certainly accept that knowing Delia and Michael reasonably well colours my view of what they have done. I agree as well that, when you look into the eyes of the manager''s family and see the hurt it is impossible not to feel empathy and sympathy.

But I also understand that the club is at its lowest footballing ebb for 49 years and has just suffered its worst ever home defeat. At last night''s agm of the Capital Canaries (I''ve been a member for 30 years), Delia and Michael accepted that they have made mistakes and that they endorsed mistakes by managers.

But my views are coloured by two other things. The first is that I cannot and will not boo Norwich. I think that damages the thing I care about. I think it makes it more likely, not less, that things will get worse. Some of you disagree, but at least don''t discount my right to have a view on that.

Secondly, for 34 years I have been a sports journalist and in that time I have been able to get close to a lot of people in football and to have privileged access to the inner workings of lots of football clubs -- good and bad.

I have never, never, never met any owners who care more, work harder or give a higher proportion of their own money to a club than Delia and Michael.

I am proud that they might consider me their friend. I do not apologise for it.

Some of you want to drive them out and so will never agree with me, just as I will never agree with you. I expect to be abused on this forum and to my face. I make a living from expressing opinions, so can''t complain when people make it clear how they feel about me.

But allow me to make one last point: Charlie Catchpole, who is mentioned in this thread, is a friend of mine. He worked at the EDP before me and we were employees of Murdoch together in the 80s. We disagree about some aspects of NCFC, but we are able to put aside those differences when we meet because each of us accepts that the other cares passionately about the club.

If any of you are at Yeovil tonight, or Brentford next week, perhaps we can have a discussion on the same basis.

OTBC

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]I am "scuttling off" to Yeovil soon, but let me try to say some of the things I would have liked to have said when I was sworn at on Saturday. I plead guilty to having been "booted and suited" and having accepted a kind invitation to be Delia and Michael''s guests at the game. I had already bought tickets when I got the invitation, so I gave my tickets to my son. After the game, my wife and I popped out briefly to see our son. I was sworn at and my instinct was to have a "discussion". My wife (a city fan long before we met, incidentally) urged me to keep walking and I think, in retrospect that she was right. It would not have been possible to have a reasoned discussion when we were all so upset and angry. As I have said in today''s Express, I can cope with being sworn at, but I don''t think my wife needed to hear it. As for the central charge in these posts (that I lack objectivity), well, I certainly accept that knowing Delia and Michael reasonably well colours my view of what they have done. I agree as well that, when you look into the eyes of the manager''s family and see the hurt it is impossible not to feel empathy and sympathy. But I also understand that the club is at its lowest footballing ebb for 49 years and has just suffered its worst ever home defeat. At last night''s agm of the Capital Canaries (I''ve been a member for 30 years), Delia and Michael accepted that they have made mistakes and that they endorsed mistakes by managers. But my views are coloured by two other things. The first is that I cannot and will not boo Norwich. I think that damages the thing I care about. I think it makes it more likely, not less, that things will get worse. Some of you disagree, but at least don''t discount my right to have a view on that. Secondly, for 34 years I have been a sports journalist and in that time I have been able to get close to a lot of people in football and to have privileged access to the inner workings of lots of football clubs -- good and bad. I have never, never, never met any owners who care more, work harder or give a higher proportion of their own money to a club than Delia and Michael. I am proud that they might consider me their friend. I do not apologise for it. Some of you want to drive them out and so will never agree with me, just as I will never agree with you. I expect to be abused on this forum and to my face. I make a living from expressing opinions, so can''t complain when people make it clear how they feel about me. But allow me to make one last point: Charlie Catchpole, who is mentioned in this thread, is a friend of mine. He worked at the EDP before me and we were employees of Murdoch together in the 80s. We disagree about some aspects of NCFC, but we are able to put aside those differences when we meet because each of us accepts that the other cares passionately about the club. If any of you are at Yeovil tonight, or Brentford next week, perhaps we can have a discussion on the same basis. OTBC[/quote]

Fair play Mick, If this is definately you (which I''m trusting it is) it takes a lot of bottle to come on here a personally defend yourself when you are in the public eye. I also agree, football in general has a nasty habit of not taking into account the fact that people have families at every level of the game. Especially when abuse is hurled outside grounds.

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]I am "scuttling off" to Yeovil soon, but let me try to say some of the things I would have liked to have said when I was sworn at on Saturday. I plead guilty to having been "booted and suited" and having accepted a kind invitation to be Delia and Michael''s guests at the game. I had already bought tickets when I got the invitation, so I gave my tickets to my son. After the game, my wife and I popped out briefly to see our son. I was sworn at and my instinct was to have a "discussion". My wife (a city fan long before we met, incidentally) urged me to keep walking and I think, in retrospect that she was right. It would not have been possible to have a reasoned discussion when we were all so upset and angry. As I have said in today''s Express, I can cope with being sworn at, but I don''t think my wife needed to hear it. As for the central charge in these posts (that I lack objectivity), well, I certainly accept that knowing Delia and Michael reasonably well colours my view of what they have done. I agree as well that, when you look into the eyes of the manager''s family and see the hurt it is impossible not to feel empathy and sympathy. But I also understand that the club is at its lowest footballing ebb for 49 years and has just suffered its worst ever home defeat. At last night''s agm of the Capital Canaries (I''ve been a member for 30 years), Delia and Michael accepted that they have made mistakes and that they endorsed mistakes by managers. But my views are coloured by two other things. The first is that I cannot and will not boo Norwich. I think that damages the thing I care about. I think it makes it more likely, not less, that things will get worse. Some of you disagree, but at least don''t discount my right to have a view on that. Secondly, for 34 years I have been a sports journalist and in that time I have been able to get close to a lot of people in football and to have privileged access to the inner workings of lots of football clubs -- good and bad. I have never, never, never met any owners who care more, work harder or give a higher proportion of their own money to a club than Delia and Michael. I am proud that they might consider me their friend. I do not apologise for it. Some of you want to drive them out and so will never agree with me, just as I will never agree with you. I expect to be abused on this forum and to my face. I make a living from expressing opinions, so can''t complain when people make it clear how they feel about me. But allow me to make one last point: Charlie Catchpole, who is mentioned in this thread, is a friend of mine. He worked at the EDP before me and we were employees of Murdoch together in the 80s. We disagree about some aspects of NCFC, but we are able to put aside those differences when we meet because each of us accepts that the other cares passionately about the club. If any of you are at Yeovil tonight, or Brentford next week, perhaps we can have a discussion on the same basis. OTBC[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Mick. I don''t think anyone deserves to be abused by fellow fans for expressing their views. I think on saturday everyone was just a bit shell shocked and frustrated at what they had witnessed.

What i do have a problem with though is the inferences in some of your columns criticising the fans because Roeders wife was upset or because Gunn''s family were upset at him getting a bit of stick. I thought the Roeder article in particular was out of order because it demonised our fans in the national media and in my view very unfairly.

Ultimately getting stick when things go badly goes with the territory of being a football manager and they knew what they were letting themselves in for when they took the job. In fact Gunn''s family campaigned extensively for him to be given the job and you could argue were integral in him getting it. You may know these people personally which may make it difficult for you to report objectively on it but most of us are just football fans who want our team to do as well as possible. We cannot have people given (or retained) in the manager''s job becuase they are "nice people" and you cannot expect people not to voice their discontent at our WORST EVER home defeat because it might upset Susan or Mellisa Gunn. Gunny is a legend and nobody wants him to fail but i think the reaction to Delias "don''t you feel sorry for him" quote last night tells you that sentiment alone is not enough to justify a manager being kept in the job. Many feel he should not have put us and himself in this position in the first place by going for the job permanently. That said, it will give nobody any pleasure if they are ultimately proven right!

I was at the Caps thing last night and feel (and hope) that a forum like that hits home with Delia and MWJ much more than any abuse dished out outside the ground ever will as I feel that in general they are often shielded from a lot of supporter sentiment by certain hangers on who tend to tell them not to take any notice of various criticisms (see Delia''s comments in the Canary Preview). In fact i was told by one such middle aged woman at Portman Road at the end of the game to "go and have a beer and calm down, we won''t get relegated."  Last night was not a baying mob it was simply passionate and well educated fans expressing their concerns. Hopefully it will have struck a chord or two and also enlightened Mr Mcnally as to one or two things. 

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]I am "scuttling off" to Yeovil soon, but let me try to say some of the things I would have liked to have said when I was sworn at on Saturday. I plead guilty to having been "booted and suited" and having accepted a kind invitation to be Delia and Michael''s guests at the game. I had already bought tickets when I got the invitation, so I gave my tickets to my son. After the game, my wife and I popped out briefly to see our son. I was sworn at and my instinct was to have a "discussion". My wife (a city fan long before we met, incidentally) urged me to keep walking and I think, in retrospect that she was right. It would not have been possible to have a reasoned discussion when we were all so upset and angry. As I have said in today''s Express, I can cope with being sworn at, but I don''t think my wife needed to hear it. As for the central charge in these posts (that I lack objectivity), well, I certainly accept that knowing Delia and Michael reasonably well colours my view of what they have done. I agree as well that, when you look into the eyes of the manager''s family and see the hurt it is impossible not to feel empathy and sympathy. But I also understand that the club is at its lowest footballing ebb for 49 years and has just suffered its worst ever home defeat. At last night''s agm of the Capital Canaries (I''ve been a member for 30 years), Delia and Michael accepted that they have made mistakes and that they endorsed mistakes by managers. But my views are coloured by two other things. The first is that I cannot and will not boo Norwich. I think that damages the thing I care about. I think it makes it more likely, not less, that things will get worse. Some of you disagree, but at least don''t discount my right to have a view on that. Secondly, for 34 years I have been a sports journalist and in that time I have been able to get close to a lot of people in football and to have privileged access to the inner workings of lots of football clubs -- good and bad. I have never, never, never met any owners who care more, work harder or give a higher proportion of their own money to a club than Delia and Michael. I am proud that they might consider me their friend. I do not apologise for it. Some of you want to drive them out and so will never agree with me, just as I will never agree with you. I expect to be abused on this forum and to my face. I make a living from expressing opinions, so can''t complain when people make it clear how they feel about me. But allow me to make one last point: Charlie Catchpole, who is mentioned in this thread, is a friend of mine. He worked at the EDP before me and we were employees of Murdoch together in the 80s. We disagree about some aspects of NCFC, but we are able to put aside those differences when we meet because each of us accepts that the other cares passionately about the club. If any of you are at Yeovil tonight, or Brentford next week, perhaps we can have a discussion on the same basis. OTBC[/quote]Although I disagree with much of what you say with regard to East Anglian football, the verbal abuse that you have received, especially in the presence of your family, is pathetic. There are however those supporters who think they have a right to behave as they please with regard to giving out abuse to people.

I would never boo players either.

So some common ground.

If that is Mick Dennis then I would like to say, yes Delia and Michael care.  But they have surely don''t you think also proved that they are not the people to lead the club forward do you think?  And being at the CC AGM last night, you will have heard that the club is "not for sale".  Does that sit well with you considering their well-meaning failure?

Mick your support may be well meaning but delia is killing this club. I witnessed the worst by any team of any club in many years. Delia may be well meaning but she is hopeless and should be hounded out. Gunn also put himself in a poisened position by taking the job and the should have resigned after charlton. The proof is in the pudding money means success Chelsea, Man city or at a lower level Hull, Fulham or now Notts county. I spoke to a col u fan on saturday who made a comment of it looks like Delia got the cheapest load of rubbish in gunn and your players and i agreed. So in the end Mick say what you like your wrong and Dlia and the board are killing this club

[quote user="ACE"]If that is Mick Dennis then I would like to say, yes Delia and Michael care.  But they have surely don''t you think also proved that they are not the people to lead the club forward do you think?  And being at the CC AGM last night, you will have heard that the club is "not for sale".  Does that sit well with you considering their well-meaning failure?
[/quote]

To be fair thats not really what they said. From where I was sitting they said they would give up the club (or their majority shareholding in the club) if someone comes in and can guarantee them they will put substantial funds into the team and that they accepted their shares were not really worth anything.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Thanks for the reply Mick. I don''t think anyone deserves to be abused by fellow fans for expressing their views. I think on saturday everyone was just a bit shell shocked and frustrated at what they had witnessed.

What i do have a problem with though is the inferences in some of your columns criticising the fans because Roeders wife was upset or because Gunn''s family were upset at him getting a bit of stick. I thought the Roeder article in particular was out of order because it demonised our fans in the national media and in my view very unfairly.

Ultimately getting stick when things go badly goes with the territory of being a football manager and they knew what they were letting themselves in for when they took the job. In fact Gunn''s family campaigned extensively for him to be given the job and you could argue were integral in him getting it. You may know these people personally which may make it difficult for you to report objectively on it but most of us are just football fans who want our team to do as well as possible. We cannot have people given (or retained) in the manager''s job becuase they are "nice people" and you cannot expect people not to voice their discontent at our WORST EVER home defeat because it might upset Susan or Mellisa Gunn. Gunny is a legend and nobody wants him to fail but i think the reaction to Delias "don''t you feel sorry for him" quote last night tells you that sentiment alone is not enough to justify a manager being kept in the job. Many feel he should not have put us and himself in this position in the first place by going for the job permanently. That said, it will give nobody any pleasure if they are ultimately proven right!

I was at the Caps thing last night and feel (and hope) that a forum like that hits home with Delia and MWJ much more than any abuse dished out outside the ground ever will as I feel that in general they are often shielded from a lot of supporter sentiment by certain hangers on who tend to tell them not to take any notice of various criticisms (see Delia''s comments in the Canary Preview). In fact i was told by one such middle aged woman at Portman Road at the end of the game to "go and have a beer and calm down, we won''t get relegated."  Last night was not a baying mob it was simply passionate and well educated fans expressing their concerns. Hopefully it will have struck a chord or two and also enlightened Mr Mcnally as to one or two things. 

[/quote]

That is spot on!!!

It is a funny thing that sometimes those that scream "no objectivity" sometimes do not seem to exhibit objectivity themselves.

Mick is as entitled to his opinion as any of us. Are we really expected to believe that Mick writes what he rights for a few visits to the inner sanctum a meal and drinks? Maybe the insight into the motivation of Delia and Michael is something we should draw strength from. None of us are perfect but in the work situation I always back those whose heart is in the right place. Mistakes happen, we learn from them, we can plan for them but you cannot buy or create passion where it does exist.

Firing up the computer here in Oz on Sunday morning to get the result, I really thought the headline was a joke. They are having a laugh, it is the result of a 5 a side between Archants finest and some of Camulodunum''s mates. Sounds daft but I was so shocked that it would not sink in. If we had lost 1-2, 2-3 or something it would have been understandable, new team, neads to gel and all of that. But 7-1. My wife''s family are from Colchester and live 5 minute walk from the old Layer Road ground so I have had some of the most serious stick in 35 years. The result even made the news here because of our Aussie keeper.

I will take encouragement from Mick Dennis'' words and continue to support the club. As I recall it, Gunn, Butterworth and Crook played in a pretty tasty team. They must know what it takes. To reiterate what someone else said when refusing to get excited about the pre-season hype they were urging caution and judging Gunn on 10 or 15 games. The same applies now surely? Is that not objective?

Hopefully breakfast tomorrow will be accompanied by news of a league cup victory.

I accept Mick that you care as passionately as anyone for our Club and thank you for posting on here.

I know tempers were high on Saturday but it is unacceptable that you & your wife were sworn at, that is not debate it is yobbery.

I have over the years been something of  Delia supporter (& on these pages) knowing what a mess the previous incumbent left she and her team did a lot for this club, saving it from going to the wall probrably. I even have proof as to what Mr Chase planned had he stayed and let me tell you we would have dropped to the 3rd tier of English football a lot quicker. 

I also accept that replacing Delia & Michael would not suddenly mean this Club recapturing its former glories. Francis Lee was welcomed as a Messiah at Manchester City and that soon turned sour. 

I also accept they have been unlucky with managers, I met Peter Grant and thought him a great fella (still do) and can see why they gave him the job but it just didn''t work out.

But just like Mrs Thatcher had the debacle that was the poll tax, Delia had her mad moment in appointing Bryan Gunn as manager.

Bryan had no ambition we are told to be manager until 5.00pm on the day we had beaten Barnsley 5-0. Mick you or I could have got a similar result, the players were so glad to see the back of Glenn Roeder (right or wrongly) even Mike Bassett could have done as well.

I wa shocked, yes shocked that 2/3rds of season ticket holders asked for their rebate back. This to me was a huge negative for Gunny''s appointment

Gunny now has an even worse record than Bryan Hamilton or Lol Morgan 2 of the poorest Managers ever. He has no experience, he cannot seem to inspire anyone & he seems to say the same old tired phrases after every defeat.

I believe if he loses heavily tonight he will have to go and I take no enjoyment in saying this as Gunny is quite rightly a Canary Legend. But true greats like Bobby Moore, Martin Peters etc etc all found management a step to far.

As for Delia I have heard, and it is only a rumour, that she has an offer on the table of £30million but refused because she wants to stay in charge after the takeover and the buyer has refused this.

I urge her to really consider what is best for Norwich City Football Club.    

PS Archant have started....yesterdays EDP comments page said it was "a few hot heads calling for Gunny''s head". 20,000 hot heads ?. Talk about editorial control. Well done that man on the Board.

Mick Dennis should try to imagine the reaction of Celtic supporters at a packed Celtic Park after they have just been stuffed 7-1 by one of the smaller clubs in the SPL. I think any manager in charge of Celtic in those circumstances would be lucky to leave the gound in one piece.

Mick with respect it''s very clear that you''re too close to the individuals involved, you''re more concerned about your friends and their hurt feelings than the wellbeing of the club and its fans.  Your comments about Saturday are an action replay of that piece you did about Roeder''s family after the Charlton cup embarrassment, while slagging off a small group of fans who were simply expressing in their own way what the rest of us were feeling.  Same old, same old I''m afraid.  That''s what people mean when they say you lack objectivity.

I don''t condone people swearing at you, but you advertise your affiliation to Norwich City very publicly so it''s only natural that people will look to you to tell it like it is and feel betrayed when you don''t.

Try sitting in the Barclay instead of the directors box.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="ACE"]If that is Mick Dennis then I would like to say, yes Delia and Michael care.  But they have surely don''t you think also proved that they are not the people to lead the club forward do you think?  And being at the CC AGM last night, you will have heard that the club is "not for sale".  Does that sit well with you considering their well-meaning failure?
[/quote]

To be fair thats not really what they said. From where I was sitting they said they would give up the club (or their majority shareholding in the club) if someone comes in and can guarantee them they will put substantial funds into the team and that they accepted their shares were not really worth anything.

[/quote]

Yes, ACE I can confirm that Mick Dennis was at last night''s meeting. I had a couple of brief chats with him during the evening and a longer chat with his wife after the Q & A session.

As is often the case what is ACTUALLY said is not what is REALLY said. Delia''s first three words to the question, " Is the Club up for sale ? "  were " Not for sale " ( I know because I wrote them down in my notebook ). That said I would agree with your interpretation, Jim.

I have to say I''m embarassed whenever I hear Dennis on the radio - he''s so close to Delia and co and has no idea of the sacrifices made by ordinary fans to get to games and refuses to accepts their time is up. Real fans want the best for their club, freebie fans just want the good times (for them) to roll on.

Erm, freebie fan? I am typing this in a dodgy Travelodge outside Yeovil. I paid to stand on the terrace. I pay to watch City home and away whenever my work allows, and have done for 31 years, since I left the EDP and moved away from Norfolk. I know I shouldn''t be so sensitive but the idea that I don''t understand because I accept an invite to go to Carrow Road as a guest a couple of times a season is bonkers. See you at Brentford?

Some great chants tonight, by the way. I loved: "Sit down if you hate the scum."

I am so relieved after watching an away win -- was the last one QPR? I paid to watch that as well -- that I am going to write a column for Waghorn before sleep.

I think the key comment is "whenever my work allows", which i assume mean you miss many games but still spout forth in the media as if you are the font of all Norwich knowledge. Yes I will be at Brentford. Yes I have a season ticket despite living 4 hours from Norwich. Yes I always pay my way. No I dont think Delia is a saint. Yes we need new owners with new ideas.

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Erm, freebie fan? I am typing this in a dodgy Travelodge outside Yeovil. I paid to stand on the terrace. I pay to watch City home and away whenever my work allows, and have done for 31 years, since I left the EDP and moved away from Norfolk. I know I shouldn''t be so sensitive but the idea that I don''t understand because I accept an invite to go to Carrow Road as a guest a couple of times a season is bonkers. See you at Brentford? Some great chants tonight, by the way. I loved: "Sit down if you hate the scum." I am so relieved after watching an away win -- was the last one QPR? I paid to watch that as well -- that I am going to write a column for Waghorn before sleep.[/quote]

You are undoubtably scum of the earth, your pitiful rant after the fans diplay of discontent after the worst display from a Norwich team in living memory (Charlton  FA cup replay last season) was nothing short of a joke.

One thing I think we can all agree on is "well done" to all the players, tonight they restored some pride back to the club.

I have got to admit I certainly didn''t expect us to win 4-0. Tonight really does show what a strange game football is, we hammered Yeovil, Colchester lost at home & Swindon who also got tanked on Saturday won 4-1 at Milton Keynes.

Now we must build on this, for all my criticism of the Board and the Manager I hope we do.  

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="Mick Dennis"]Erm, freebie fan? I am typing this in a dodgy Travelodge outside Yeovil. I paid to stand on the terrace. I pay to watch City home and away whenever my work allows, and have done for 31 years, since I left the EDP and moved away from Norfolk. I know I shouldn''t be so sensitive but the idea that I don''t understand because I accept an invite to go to Carrow Road as a guest a couple of times a season is bonkers. See you at Brentford? Some great chants tonight, by the way. I loved: "Sit down if you hate the scum." I am so relieved after watching an away win -- was the last one QPR? I paid to watch that as well -- that I am going to write a column for Waghorn before sleep.[/quote]

You are undoubtably scum of the earth, your pitiful rant after the fans diplay of discontent after the worst display from a Norwich team in living memory (Charlton  FA cup replay last season) was nothing short of a joke.

[/quote]

With all due respect, don''t be a prat. if someone comes on here as themselves I don''t think they deserve to be called scum by some anonymous random. For the record, I don''t agree with Mick''s views on the fan''s treatment of Roeder and Gunn. They take the wages, they can take the heat, Mick has a right to his opinion though and I''d hope he''d post on here more often, we might find out more........

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][:D][:D]

[/quote]

It''s smashing being scum of the earth (I had to rewrite some of Charlie Catchpole''s showbiz but that''s irrelevant although not to Kelvin at the time.  (FFS what does that mean?  (I am sure he has fond memories like me.)  "Look,  just ****** turn it round.  Roy, there''s a rewrite coming on that Catchpole crap.[:D])

What Mick wrote was an inside colour piece on GR and the effect as he attempted to do after the Colchester game.  It is a side of football which is rarely covered. 

I am sure he wouldn''t expect to get plaudits from a football message board but you write what you want and hard ******* luck to anyone who does not like it.

PS: We''ve just destroyed another MP''s career this end.  Monstrously good feeling.  [:D][:D]

The MP won''t like it either but hard ******* luck.

Upset a message board.  Upset an MP?

Go for it!

PS: In case some of you were wondering why there were not too many searching questions asked of Mr Cullum you might consider another "insider" of Freemasonary Lodges.

Or not, as you choose whatever suits.[:P]