Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Campaign - Please Dont Ban The "Norwich 2"

Passion, my a***. They were ruined. They''re not heroes, they''re a pair of fat lads who''d had too much beer and wanted to make a name for themselves down the pub. 

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Agreed - start a facebook campaign, that seems to work [;)][/quote]

think one is tom lake.... he is on face book\![/quote]That would be me :)

[quote user="Lakey"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]Agreed - start a facebook campaign, that seems to work [;)][/quote]

think one is tom lake.... he is on face book\!
[/quote]

That would be me :)
[/quote]

good on you lakey!!![:D]

Agreed. The two should be pardoned. These were exceptional circumstances.By throwing down their season tickets in disgust at the faces of the people ruining our club, they acted in a manner I think many thousands at Carrow Road wanted to at heart.

[quote user="Mushroom"]Ban the yobs, they clearly didn''t have the brain cells to think of a more constructive way to protest against what they saw. Absolute morons.[/quote]

Don''t be so bloody wet. Yobs go out with knifes ,go out mug and OAP''s, fight in pubs when drunk, smash windows and commit mindless vandalism. Oh yeah of course they are yobs because they showed the club more passion in 2 minutes than our whole bunch of useless Board members have in 15 or so years. I know who the Morons are.

[quote]Is it possible to justify any sort of behaviour on the grounds of ''passion''? Where do you draw the line?[/quote]

[quote]Ban the yobs, they clearly didn''t have the brain cells to think of a more constructive way to protest against what they saw. Absolute morons[/quote]

They tore up a season ticket. You both make it sound like they stabbed Gunn and the players with a bread knife. I fully support what they did and hope they don''t get banned.

Delia and the management staff wanted passionate fans - well they''ve bloody got them. Only problem is they''re not clapping Delia''s name anymore....

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[quote]Is it possible to justify any sort of behaviour on the grounds of ''passion''? Where do you draw the line?[/quote]

[quote]Ban the yobs, they clearly didn''t have the brain cells to think of a more constructive way to protest against what they saw. Absolute morons[/quote]

They tore up a season ticket. You both make it sound like they stabbed Gunn and the players with a bread knife. I fully support what they did and hope they don''t get banned.

Delia and the management staff wanted passionate fans - well they''ve bloody got them. Only problem is they''re not clapping Delia''s name anymore....

[/quote]All I asked was whether you can justify anything on the basis of ''passion''. I didn''t mention what they did. [:S]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[/quote]All I asked was whether you can justify anything on the basis of ''passion''. I didn''t mention what they did. [:S][/quote]It worked out well in the end for Nelson Mandela

dosn''t throwing away their season tickets suggests that it wouldnt matter to them if they were banned? it shows intent of not coming back anyway

Rubbish, you run on the pitch and threaten the manager, deserved to be banned for a few years.  You lost, to a much, much better side.  Get used to it.  Going to be a long season for you lot.  I predict a 3 year stay in this league minimum for you.

[quote user="Essex_boi"]Rubbish, you run on the pitch and threaten the manager, deserved to be banned for a few years.  You lost, to a much, much better side.  Get used to it.  Going to be a long season for you lot.  I predict a 3 year stay in this league minimum for you.[/quote]I don''t know about that, after yesterday I think we might get out of this league at the first attempt....

[quote user="Essex_boi"]Rubbish, you run on the pitch and threaten the manager, deserved to be banned for a few years.  You lost, to a much, much better side.  Get used to it.  Going to be a long season for you lot.  I predict a 3 year stay in this league minimum for you.[/quote]He didn''t threaten anyone he just threw his season ticket at Gunn.  The fact is we didn''t lose to a better side, you just beat a much worse side.

Surely people can see that letting these guys off with a slap on the wrist sets a precedent for any ''passionate'' fan to do the same if (or rather when) we throw in another no show in the future. It may seem harsh given the circumstances but I think they have to issue them with a ban of some sort. Otherwise you''re giving out the message that any fan can run onto the pitch if they''re suitably aggrieved. I can''t see The FA being too keen on that.

[quote user="Mr. Carrow"][quote user="Essex_boi"]Rubbish, you run on the pitch and threaten the manager, deserved to be banned for a few years.  You lost, to a much, much better side.  Get used to it.  Going to be a long season for you lot.  I predict a 3 year stay in this league minimum for you.[/quote]

He didn''t threaten anyone he just threw his season ticket at Gunn.  The fact is we didn''t lose to a better side, you just beat a much worse side.
[/quote]

Mong.  He threw his ST at the guy, it''s against the rules to run on the pitch so of course the lads will get banned.  Hopefully for quite a while too, you can''t tolerate that sort of behaviour.

Also, love your last line, it makes no sense.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Essex_boi"]Rubbish, you run on the pitch and threaten the manager, deserved to be banned for a few years.  You lost, to a much, much better side.  Get used to it.  Going to be a long season for you lot.  I predict a 3 year stay in this league minimum for you.[/quote]

I don''t know about that, after yesterday I think we might get out of this league at the first attempt....

[/quote]

top quality post as ever Mr C

[quote]

Ackney Canary

I take it you know them? No? Didn''t think so...........

[/quote]I judge people on their actions, Arthur, not what I think I might ''know'' of them. Their actions were those of a pair of drunks. There''s a big and important difference between true passion and being p*ssed.

I must admit during the heat of the incident I stood and applauded, but regretted it yesterday. I''m sure they are (like many of us) passionate fans however they have to be banned.

Firstly I don''t buy the ''they were only throwing their season tickets'' there was clearly intent to do more had they not been restrained I believe they would have gone further.

Secondly once you allow supports whatever the mitigation to encroach on the field of play with intent to confront a player / manager / official without punishment it sets a dangerous precedent, one that could ultimately end with a serious assault (with potential for the use of a concealed weapon)...we would be the first to criticese similar actions in S***, Wolves or Leeds fans.

Finally I find it ridiculous that someone with a Churchill avatar can use the terminology ''heroes'' when dealing with these two...perhaps you may want to consider how insulting it may be to genuine heroes to use the term to describe 2 drunken fatlads who threw a piece of plastic at someone before having a cuddle with a steward. Heroes is banded around far to much these days as a term, and diminishes the use for those that it is trulty justified.

''Ackney Canary

How do you know they were drunk?

Was Delia Smith a yob for going on the pitch p;ssed out of her head? Shes still at the games so they shouldnt be banned either. I know which one I would ban given the choice.

First of all, well done to the two fellas. I hope it doesn''t go as far as criminal proceedings as lives can change for the worse for those two gentlemen.

Secondly, don''t underestimate the power that you have over the Club. As an example at Wednesday; Wednesday fans had to have a Criminal Record check to be able to attend away games and we also had to pay for the priviledge. Within 4 weeks the Club had reversed the policy as fans boycotted away games leading to home clubs disregarding the policy as they were losing tens of thousands of pounds in revenue. Eventually, Wednesday refunded the fans who had their check and the Club lost a small fortune on administration of the scheme. We knew then that us fans didn''t have to take what was thrown at us and walking away in the short-term benefitted us all in the long-term.

If you don''t like what happened to these two men (and Delia/Gunn etc), are you prepared to make NCFC suffer financially? That''s tricky, but ultimately a little pain now saves more in the future, or at least that''s the potential.

[quote]''Ackney Canary

How do you know they were drunk?

Was Delia Smith a yob for going on the pitch p;ssed out of her head? Shes still at the games so they shouldnt be banned either. I know which one I would ban given the choice.

[/quote]Arthur - I''d say their running style gave a fairly good indication. And the fact that they ran onto a football pitch while a game was in progress. As a knight of the British realm, you should recognise that these are not the actions of sober people. As for Delia, well, I''ve no desire to defend her, but she did at least wait until half-time. 

It''s actually nothing to do with the club. They were both arrested after the game so it is now a matter for the police. If found guilty of running onto ythe field of play, and I struggle to see how they can argue against this, they will get a 3year ban from all football and quite likely have to attend a police station and surrender their passport when England play away.

A lot of us may agree with them at the time but they will end up a couple of geand out of pocket with a criminal record and a totall yf*cked up life for the next 3 years. Depending on their employer there is a very good chance they will lose their jobs as well.

I applaud them 100 percent true heroes, no fear. Wish i had the guts to show my pent up frustration for ''''shambles'''' FC.

Mushroom and Tribes, you are the minority, and surely the idiots, caryy on happy clapping.

You know it was only 4 years ago i saw us beat Man U. Now there was paiion and pride there. Now we have none.

Players that want to play for NCFC, and complementing the stewards???  Gunn you are a tool!!!

[quote user="Mushroom"]Ban the yobs, they clearly didn''t have the brain cells to think of a more constructive way to protest against what they saw. [/quote]

Such as???