Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Matt Gill or Darel Russell?

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]

[quote user="Downloads"]Neither - Hughes and Adeyemi in the middle. Sod fitness, get them on the pitch. I''d rather have Hughes getting fit on the pitch than put the same bags of shite out there.[/quote]

I was worried when he brought Tom on yesterday into that arena but he did ok, what a terrible time to come on as a 17  year old. The guy must have been awake all night thinking about coming on in front of 25K fans,  scorinng the winning goal etc. instead he has to come on to  join a team of uninterested tossers, nevertheless he did ok and if we are going to persevere with a  mid field pairing it  should include him. He will make lots of mistakes  but hopefully unlike the others he  wont continually repeat them. 

[/quote]

Totally agree mate, while everyone was saying Adeyemi should play after pre-season, i was like he''s young, bring him in gradually. Looks like i was wrong, Gill, OTJ and Russell are now third, fourth and fifth choice in my mind (no particular order). Lets bring them in gradually instead once they have proved being a sub that they can hack the pace.

[quote user="Tonymoroni"]Personally I think Gill was the only new signing who came out with any credit. Did the simple things well & rarely misplaced a pass. Comments anyone ?[/quote]Sorry!,  can''t answer that....spend most of the time looking at the scoreboard!!!

Russell doesnt want to play for us. I''m not about to decide Gill is terrible on one performance. There we''re two regulars yesterday who we''re shocking in Doherty and Otsemebor, what about them? are they not part of a much longer slide into this mess?

forget about russell, he want to leave so thats that

If he had played yesterday he would have got sent off thro'' frustration

OTJ didnt do too bad in my view, he covered every blade of grass.  the problem was gill was pants, generally across the team there was little movement and option for a pass. granted he misplaced a few passes but he did OK

semmy needs to be outed and should not be allowed anywhere near the first team again

Nelson was crap but needs to develop an understanding with doc....maybe that will come, but it doesnt look good

Keeper.....nuff said

drury....i think he''s done..... he cant get forward and when he does he cant get back

holt.....fat, slow, clueless....did we really pay £400k for this joker?

martin.....hmmmm

hoolahoop......a ferw glimpes but generally poor

whalley......felt sorry for him having to work with that dick called semmy.  every time he got the ball from him he had his back to the goal....he needs to run onto a ball and tkae players on, he never got the chance

sorry this has gone slightly off thread, but once I got started I found it hard to stop.

I originally posted this thread some 10 days ago but it seems even more relevant now (after Brentford). It''s now got to the stage where this demands explanation.

If we''d have started this season well and were top of the league, then fair enough, but the plain fact is we are not a good enough team to be leaving any of our better players out of the side. I''ll say again, if we''re paying the mans wages - then bloody well play him. I really don''t care anymore whether someone comes in for Russell between now and the end of August, I still believe that at present he is more affevtive than Gill.