Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Matt Gill or Darel Russell?

Russell didn''t play very well last season but there''s a reason why he''s spent his career playing at a higher level than Gill has.

And even now if Russell leaves you''d expect it to be for a team higher up the football league, can''t really see the same happening to Gill.

Maybe he doesn''t want to play for Norwich but then maybe you can''t blame him after he was asked to play 2nd fiddle to players like Mark Fotheringham.

I''d get Darel Russell back in the starting line up ASAP. I have limited confidence in unknown quantities such as Gill who has played in the lower divisions his whole career, and OTJ who has hardly played any competitive games in his career in the last 3 years.

Russell might be a very good move, but I''d see what Hughes and Adeyemi can do first with Russell on the bench.

I''d rather we play a 4-5-1 with Lappin on the left, wes playing in a free role in the middle, OTJ and Hughes and Whaley. Russell on bench, I don''t think he would be fit enough to start a match.

Yesterdays game cried out for Russell. We needed someone to put a foot in, like we all no he can, even if he didnt show it as much last season.

Im not sure if you remember but the season before last, he played well and got 3rd or 2nd in the player of the year standings. That year he was good. If we can get his heart in the right palce he has got to play after the shambles of Gill and Tudur-Jones.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]I''d rather we play a 4-5-1 with Lappin on the left, wes playing in a free role in the middle, OTJ and Hughes and Whaley. Russell on bench, I don''t think he would be fit enough to start a match.[/quote]Lappin would ensure we made something of corner kicks at least - as well as getting the ball to MacDonald, who must be given a chance to start up front. Hoolahan is def better in the middle. Thought both Whaley and OTJ did OK too.

[quote user="NCFC Edward"]Yesterdays game cried out for Russell. We needed someone to put a foot in, like we all no he can, even if he didnt show it as much last season. Im not sure if you remember but the season before last, he played well and got 3rd or 2nd in the player of the year standings. That year he was good. If we can get his heart in the right palce he has got to play after the shambles of Gill and Tudur-Jones.[/quote]

One of the problems with Russell last year was his rash challenges where he put his ''foot in'', giving away needless free kicks and getting him self booked.

This is how low its got "Darrell Russell" and why did we try play like we were Brazil yesterday in League 1 Left after 5-0 shellshocked If that was Gunns gameplan he should get sacked

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]

[quote user="NCFC Edward"]Yesterdays game cried out for Russell. We needed someone to put a foot in, like we all no he can, even if he didnt show it as much last season. Im not sure if you remember but the season before last, he played well and got 3rd or 2nd in the player of the year standings. That year he was good. If we can get his heart in the right palce he has got to play after the shambles of Gill and Tudur-Jones.[/quote]

One of the problems with Russell last year was his rash challenges where he put his ''foot in'', giving away needless free kicks and getting him self booked.

[/quote]

Yeah but Russell doesnt stand off players, which has always been our problem, we give them so much space, even at CR. Other teams close us down as soon as we get the ball, yet we never learn and we never do it!

Personally I think Gill was the only new signing who came out with any credit. Did the simple things well & rarely misplaced a pass. Comments anyone ?

[quote user="Tonymoroni"]Personally I think Gill was the only new signing who came out with any credit. Did the simple things well & rarely misplaced a pass. Comments anyone ?[/quote]

he was sh!te and got hauled off after 54 mins

[quote user="Tonymoroni"]Personally I think Gill was the only new signing who came out with any credit. Did the simple things well & rarely misplaced a pass. Comments anyone ?[/quote]

Gill really wasnt that bad yesterday thought he was much better that otj who gave us nothing

[quote user="big baz"]

Gill really wasnt that bad yesterday thought he was much better that otj who gave us nothing

[/quote]

I thought it was the other way around. Gills cross field passing was poor at best, going out from for throws more often than finding his man and was taken off first. Whereas I thought OTJ looked like he was the trying to win the ball back.

What very short memories some people have!Give me Gill anyday ..... at the moment. I''ve only seen him for one competitive game and in all honesty I did not think he was anywhere near as bad as the defence or keeper.I''ve seen Russell too many times and don''t want to see him again ......... but I haven''t wanted to see Otsemobor in a City shirt for a long time!

Matt Gill mis-placed about two passes,he doesn''t deserve half the criticism he''s getting.

The reason he was brought on is that Adeyemi is a more direct midfield player than Gill, who keeps it simple.

Hughes??

Whats th deal with him? is he match fit, I thought he was meant to be of a higher standard then Gill

Gill is a lightweight no hoper, will never have the physical presence or ability to compete. How on earth can he call himself a footballer, looked partially disabled to me!

Id give Russell another shot at it, he cant be that bad if hes been linked with Burnley and a couple of championship teams! Even if hes on his way out, play him until he goes! Its the same as Boro the other night, Alves is on his way out but Southgate should have still played him!

where was Askou yesterday, not named in the squad that''s for sure. It can''t still be ''international clearance'' surely? He''s only come from Turkey FFS, not the bloody moon. I could have walked there and back to get the OK by now.

Neither - Hughes and Adeyemi in the middle. Sod fitness, get them on the pitch. I''d rather have Hughes getting fit on the pitch than put the same bags of shite out there.

[quote user="Downloads"]Neither - Hughes and Adeyemi in the middle. Sod fitness, get them on the pitch. I''d rather have Hughes getting fit on the pitch than put the same bags of shite out there.[/quote]

I was worried when he brought Tom on yesterday into that arena but he did ok, what a terrible time to come on as a 17  year old. The guy must have been awake all night thinking about coming on in front of 25K fans,  scorinng the winning goal etc. instead he has to come on to  join a team of uninterested tossers, nevertheless he did ok and if we are going to persevere with a  mid field pairing it  should include him. He will make lots of mistakes  but hopefully unlike the others he  wont continually repeat them.