Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Shaun

Re: FORCE DELIA AND MWJ OUT - CHASE STYLE!

What did hounding Chase out actually achieve? Nothing. It made a precarious situation worse. And the sad fact is that Chase didn''t even have control by the end of it - the banks did. They stopped the overdraft, and effectively made the club bankrupt. I for one firmly believe that forcing delia out will not do the club any good whatsoever. If anything, it will demonstrate to any potential investor what a stupid bunch of kids we are, and we''re not worth investing in.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Have the chimps sorted out their pecking order yet ?

Can we have our tea party now ?

Dear oh dear oh dear.
[/quote]

Chimps do not have pecking order, that''s chickens, of which I am sure you are well aquainted.[;)] [/quote]

Having watched a group of chimps file in for tea at Monkey World recently, I would disagree.  One of them tried to push into the queue, much as families of spanish people on half-term do while waiting for the bus at EuroDisney, and the reaction from the chimp who was knocked out of order could only be described as going ape-shit.

[/quote]

I am sure Darwin would have been fascinated but CT is on about revolution not evolution.

Although by the time his revolution takes place and the deadly duo finally leave, evolution would be quicker!

Hierarchical I think is the term for anthropoids by the way.

[quote user="Bobzilla"]What did hounding Chase out actually achieve? Nothing. It made a precarious situation worse. And the sad fact is that Chase didn''t even have control by the end of it - the banks did. They stopped the overdraft, and effectively made the club bankrupt. [/quote]Aren''t we effectively in that position again though, with this 20 million pound securitisation ?  If we stay in this league, how will it be paid ?  As for "fan power", I agree, to paraphrase Noel Gallagher when asked whether he''d want to own Man City "I like to go to games, but I wouldn''t want my windows bricked in if we lose".  Lucky for him the richest Sheiks in the world want to run his club then.

In answer to your second point CT, no, there wasn''t.

And i don''t think it''s escaped you that what we ended up getting was the current owner, who you and so many others seem to detest, and has, for various reasons, overseen our demise through 3 divisions and a huge escalation of the debt.

That''s the risk of changing ownership. We could get lucky, as Saints did, but equally we could end up getting far worse than we currently have.

The Smudgers, and the like, of this messageboard cover their eyes to the possibility of the latter, which is just one of the issues anyone hoping to form protests will have to deal with.

Coming up with a realistic, and beneficial, new owner would be a start for you, CT.

"That''s the risk of changing ownership. We could get lucky, as Saints did, but equally we could end up getting far worse than we currently have."

Absolutely, though it''s probably still too early to say whether S''ton have got ''lucky'' or not.

Who knows how the new owner will run things over the next few years?

It''s just possible that in 5, 10 or 15 years time some Saints fans will be reminiscing over the ''good old days'' under Rupert Lowe and wondering if he could come back to lead them back to their ''rightful place'' in the Premiership again...

[quote user="Metatron"]

It''s just possible that in 5, 10 or 15 years time some Saints fans will be reminiscing over the ''good old days'' under Rupert Lowe and wondering if he could come back to lead them back to their ''rightful place'' in the Premiership again...[/quote]

I''d put money on it! [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JF"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="JF"][quote user="bringbackchippy"]DELIA GETS MY VOTE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. As she has stated she will only sell to parties who will take the club furthur, a true fan with the clubs best interests at heart[/quote] How could anyone take the club lower than she has? She has set the criteria of potential buyers so that no one will be able to buy the club from her. The whole situation is a joke but the biggest joke of all is the fans like you who seem content for the club to be in a football oblivion.[/quote]

Many many fans agree with bringbackchippy''s point of view. Who is to say they are wrong? And even if they were wrong it doesn''t mean they''re a joke who are content for the club to be in football oblivion. What I''d like to know is what makes you a better fan than him JF?

[/quote] Where did i say anything about being a "better" fan as you put it? What i am saying is there is a percentage of fans who seem content to see us in the third tier of football and while expectations are so low the board don''t need to deliver much do they? I''m not saying we should be premier league but we should expect Norwich to be a competitive championship side and that is something this board has failed to deliver.[/quote]

Actually you didn''t say that you were a better fan than bringbackchippy so I apologise for assuming you did. You just said that the biggest joke of all is fans like bringbackchippy. You probably included fans like you in that group so both of you are a joke and neither better than the other [:S]

The board has failed to deliver the club that you want to support but why does that make fans like bringbackchippy a joke? The reason I posted what I did is that I believe bringbackchippy to be a genuine fan who doesn''t post often but when he does he posts very interesting information. I would encourage him to post more and not call him a joke.

I pretty much agree with his Delia comments so does that make me a joke too[:^)]

[/quote]

Well yes I would say it certainly does Nutty.

As stated Delia Smith has taken Norwich City FC to it''s lowest ebb in 50 years.  Surely any new owner would have to be going some to be so useless that they can''t take the club further than Smith & Jones have done during their time here?

Blimey if somebody takes over and does as equally bad as Smith & Jones then we will not have a league football club in Norwich in 15 years time.

Now, which part of that do you have difficulty in understanding?

[/quote]

I am not in a position to make judgements on other fans just because they have different views to me. If I was I would probably say that you and the other half-witted fans like you are a complete joke because you don''t understand the other argument. Nobody is saying Smith and Jones have done well or that they are happy in League One. What people are saying is that to force change without knowing what that change will be isn''t neccessarily the way back. If you want proof of this just go back 3 years on this messageboard and read the amount of posters who said that anybody would be better than Worthy. All our problems would be solved by getting Worthy out. It couldn''t get worse whoever took over because Worthy had dragged us down to a mid-table Championship team and our rightful place is much higher than that![:S]

And so we go on.. we''d swap place with Southampton... Really??? Southampton have got lucky... you reckon??? Let''s wait and see shall we? And if they have then it''s disgraceful! From administration to million pound transfers in one easy step. But I reckon we should wait and see with Southampton. After all, your beloved Leicester cheated their way back to the promised land but it didn''t last did it Smudge?

The big thing that the ranting ''protesters'' fail to understand is that there are too many things that affect how a football club does on the pitch that are outside the control of the board - you can''t legislate or predict who will get injured or go out of form or players who are individually good but somehow don''t work well together.

In any division where there isn''t vast amounts between teams'' resources little things (form,confidence, injuries) can make a big difference.  If you get a few good results (maybe witha  few lucky breaks) and get some confidence going and don''t get many injuries then great things can happen - as happened to us in 2003/4.

If you get some bad results (maybe with a few unlucky breaks) and confidence drops and players get injured then disastrous things can happen.

In 2003/4 we were generally viewed as a model club, really well run.  The same people were in charge.  Were they so brilliant as was frequently claimed then? No.  Are they as horrendous as is often claimed on here nowadays?  No.

Some footballing decisions in the past few years haven''t worked out with hindsight, but they weren''t obvious errors at the time (which incompetence would require).  The football world wasn''t going "Ha Ha Look who they''ve signed".

In hindsight we have also spent too much on the playing squad (more than we could afford) but that is only true because the players we spent it on failed to produce on the pitch.  However if we hadn''t spent it they''d have got loads of stick on here for that too (some people still think we didn''t spend enough on players even though our paying wage bill was probably in the top half of last year''s Championship teams.

Obviously it is not good that we have been relegated to League One but that is the sort of cr*p that can happen in football (Leicester got relegated the year before despite being one of the Big Spenders) and you have to move on.  The current owners are all we have until someone else shows up and they have had success before here and I''m sure want it again.  The recent Board appointments look positive and I like the way the squad has been built.  But nothing in football at this level is predictable - it is a funny old game - and what happens on teh pitch will obviously be the determinant of the general mood.

But the vitriol and personal abuse shown towards the owners on this board is to be honest utterly shameful.  They took over the club to try and help it out and have poured millions of their own money in.  The fact that football has changed since they took over and their money is no longer enough to make much difference is hardly their fault.

Yes, the club has to do better. I''m sure the people at the top - who are the ones who stand to lose the most, not us fans - know that better than anyone.  They are clearly trying to improve things, so why not be more supportive?  No-one in their right mind (which I accept doesn''t include quite a few on here) could consider them evil or ill-intentioned, so surely the personal abiuse is totally uncalled for?

Mr carra you have made some decent points but 5 years is a long time to blame bad luck.

Football decisions is what the club should be about, the major part of our burden is not football related and is slowly strangling the club and therefore the football side.

I agree that abuse to the level of some on this board of the devious duo is totally uncalled for.

I do not believe that they have feathered any nest,or deliberately run our club backwards dropping us to our lowest level for 50 years.

Those that think so are usually those that also accuse them of making money from the club. The two statements do not go hand in hand.

Their obstinacy in not "selling the club" their inability to run the club and the disasterous decisions made by them are what most thinking fans find unacceptable. Delia might find engaging brain before opening mouth might help (I get the impression from the last few utterances that even MWJ is getting angry about having to CORRECT her)

The ready acceptance of "little old Norwich"  "Delia Smiths Norwich" etc as a life long fan I personaly find annoying and demeaning.

No side has a God given right to success, all we require is the means to have a decent shot at it. Those means (via players) have been denied us over several seasons whilst the quality of the team and management has rapidly deteriorated.

That decline can be seen by the quality of our present squad, most of whom would never have been considered a few seasons ago.

The above are some of the things I hold them accountable for.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"]

? said:

You''re being obtuse, CT. Southampton got lucky and their fans know it.

As did Ipswich, Notts County etc etc...................................

[/quote]

Who are the etc, etc.? There''s obviously more than one other... fire away wiz!

[/quote]

Huddersfield, Brighton, Fulham,Wigan, Boro, QPR, to name a few more and not one of those Clubs are more of an attractive Club than NCFC IMO

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JF"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="JF"][quote user="bringbackchippy"]DELIA GETS MY VOTE ANY DAY OF THE WEEK. As she has stated she will only sell to parties who will take the club furthur, a true fan with the clubs best interests at heart[/quote] How could anyone take the club lower than she has? She has set the criteria of potential buyers so that no one will be able to buy the club from her. The whole situation is a joke but the biggest joke of all is the fans like you who seem content for the club to be in a football oblivion.[/quote]

Many many fans agree with bringbackchippy''s point of view. Who is to say they are wrong? And even if they were wrong it doesn''t mean they''re a joke who are content for the club to be in football oblivion. What I''d like to know is what makes you a better fan than him JF?

[/quote] Where did i say anything about being a "better" fan as you put it? What i am saying is there is a percentage of fans who seem content to see us in the third tier of football and while expectations are so low the board don''t need to deliver much do they? I''m not saying we should be premier league but we should expect Norwich to be a competitive championship side and that is something this board has failed to deliver.[/quote]

Actually you didn''t say that you were a better fan than bringbackchippy so I apologise for assuming you did. You just said that the biggest joke of all is fans like bringbackchippy. You probably included fans like you in that group so both of you are a joke and neither better than the other [:S]

The board has failed to deliver the club that you want to support but why does that make fans like bringbackchippy a joke? The reason I posted what I did is that I believe bringbackchippy to be a genuine fan who doesn''t post often but when he does he posts very interesting information. I would encourage him to post more and not call him a joke.

I pretty much agree with his Delia comments so does that make me a joke too[:^)]

[/quote]

Well yes I would say it certainly does Nutty.

As stated Delia Smith has taken Norwich City FC to it''s lowest ebb in 50 years.  Surely any new owner would have to be going some to be so useless that they can''t take the club further than Smith & Jones have done during their time here?

Blimey if somebody takes over and does as equally bad as Smith & Jones then we will not have a league football club in Norwich in 15 years time.

Now, which part of that do you have difficulty in understanding?

[/quote]

I am not in a position to make judgements on other fans just because they have different views to me. If I was I would probably say that you and the other half-witted fans like you are a complete joke because you don''t understand the other argument. Nobody is saying Smith and Jones have done well or that they are happy in League One. What people are saying is that to force change without knowing what that change will be isn''t neccessarily the way back. If you want proof of this just go back 3 years on this messageboard and read the amount of posters who said that anybody would be better than Worthy. All our problems would be solved by getting Worthy out. It couldn''t get worse whoever took over because Worthy had dragged us down to a mid-table Championship team and our rightful place is much higher than that![:S]

And so we go on.. we''d swap place with Southampton... Really??? Southampton have got lucky... you reckon??? Let''s wait and see shall we? And if they have then it''s disgraceful! From administration to million pound transfers in one easy step. But I reckon we should wait and see with Southampton. After all, your beloved Leicester cheated their way back to the promised land but it didn''t last did it Smudge?

[/quote]

I might be wrong NN but i can''t think of many, if any clubs where the Fans mounted Pressure and the Majority shareholders stood down that have done worse after. If there are any i''d imagine there are far more who went the other way and succeeded.

My mistake i forgot about NCFC....[:D]

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."]

I might be wrong NN but i can''t think of many, if any clubs where the Fans mounted Pressure and the Majority shareholders stood down that have done worse after. If there are any i''d imagine there are far more who went the other way and succeeded.

My mistake i forgot about NCFC....[:D]

[/quote]

Yes Sir Arthur, you make my point for me perfectly. Nevermind the other clubs, here at Norwich City FC the fans that mount pressure to get rid of scapegoats buck the trend. Now if I was one to make judgements on these fans I may well say they are a total joke. Good job I''m not like that [:D]

I seem to recall Man City fans forcing out Peter Swayles to be replaced by Francis Lee.  The y then proceded to get relegated from the top flight to the third tier in the space of three seasons.

The other point is that whatever fans like to think virtually no club owners are forced out through fan pressure (Robert Chase wasn''t for example, he went because he had to - the club was going bust and he wasn''t prepared to put a single penny of his own money into it to save it).  Owners leave when someone makes them an acceptable offer to sell.

No one has come close to doing that here and until it does fan pressure will obviously change nothing.  Efforts might be more fruitfully put in finding someone to make said offer.

[quote user="mr carra"]

I seem to recall Man City fans forcing out Peter Swayles to be replaced by Francis Lee.  The y then proceded to get relegated from the top flight to the third tier in the space of three seasons.

The other point is that whatever fans like to think virtually no club owners are forced out through fan pressure (Robert Chase wasn''t for example, he went because he had to - the club was going bust and he wasn''t prepared to put a single penny of his own money into it to save it).  Owners leave when someone makes them an acceptable offer to sell.

No one has come close to doing that here and until it does fan pressure will obviously change nothing.  Efforts might be more fruitfully put in finding someone to make said offer.

[/quote]

As i said, few and far between compared to the many who go on to succeed. As acceptable offers. What is acceptable? DS and MWJ have said they''d sell for a tenner, I think what she meant was a tenner profit on top of the money she''s lent the club and thats her choice but the over valuation of the club she claims to have at Heart needs serious change and if she loved it that much she''d make sacrifices like the rest of us. 56 Million for a club in League 3 is silly and thats where i believe she doesn''t want any one playing with her sick Baby as she clearly knows whats best.

Sorry Debt of 20 Million and buying their shares for 16 million. I found the other 20 million from the Cullum thingy,although a prerequisite is major investment i believe?[:$]

[quote user="The Butler"]

Mr carra you have made some decent points but 5 years is a long time to blame bad luck.

Football decisions is what the club should be about, the major part of our burden is not football related and is slowly strangling the club and therefore the football side.

I agree that abuse to the level of some on this board of the devious duo is totally uncalled for.

I do not believe that they have feathered any nest,or deliberately run our club backwards dropping us to our lowest level for 50 years.

Those that think so are usually those that also accuse them of making money from the club. The two statements do not go hand in hand.

Their obstinacy in not "selling the club" their inability to run the club and the disasterous decisions made by them are what most thinking fans find unacceptable. Delia might find engaging brain before opening mouth might help (I get the impression from the last few utterances that even MWJ is getting angry about having to CORRECT her)

The ready acceptance of "little old Norwich"  "Delia Smiths Norwich" etc as a life long fan I personaly find annoying and demeaning.

No side has a God given right to success, all we require is the means to have a decent shot at it. Those means (via players) have been denied us over several seasons whilst the quality of the team and management has rapidly deteriorated.

That decline can be seen by the quality of our present squad, most of whom would never have been considered a few seasons ago.

[/quote]

Good sensible posts ,Butler, from you & Mr Carra .I''m no great fan of Mrs Smith myself but some of the puerile abuse on this MB wouldn''t be put of place in schoolboy rags like Viz.My biggest worry as a fan of nearly 50 years standing(and sitting) is that we desparately need to stop the downward spiral of the last few seasons & get some upward momentum.I''ve always been prepared to give our new managers a chance even though I''ve been distinctly underwhelmed by the last 4 incumbents,including Worthington, but Gunny''s appointment smacked of a club in worse trouble than they were prepared to admit. Every board of directors I''ve ever known at this club has come in for stick for either not spending money,spending too much money,having no ambition etc etc etc . Watling,South,Chase - not one of them was immune from criticism so DS & MWJ are just the latest in a long line of directors who have supposedly ''failed'' the fans of NCFC .I,like thousands of others,will continue to support my club and live in eternal optimism that good times are just around the corner and  hope that this season is going to be a pivotal one but for all the right reasons [H]

Removing people OUT is one thing, but replacing them is another. It is no good removing our major investors, with their credibility, and community vision (now criticised on here as being pseudo religious) without having a strategy which will assuage the banks, creditors, shareholders, and majority of supporters. Lets keep the caring community, and put the ruthlessness on the park.

[quote user="bloodwagon"]

As i said earlier, waste of time as no ones going to turn  up, but then again, i think DS and BG are doing a great job.

Thats why i`ll not be there with one man and his dog (Smudger).

[/quote]Yes of course, relegation into League One for the first time in 60 years, a great job.Jesus H Christ what planet are you people on?!

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="bloodwagon"]

As i said earlier, waste of time as no ones going to turn  up, but then again, i think DS and BG are doing a great job.

Thats why i`ll not be there with one man and his dog (Smudger).

[/quote]

Yes of course, relegation into League One for the first time in 60 years, a great job.
Jesus H Christ what planet are you people on?!
[/quote]

Just tell me if you would put as much money into the club to keep it running, guess what, you wouldnt.

See my point ?

I wondered who people have got lined up to replace her, and how free flowing their money is?

Is the plan to force Delia out and watch the club disappear, or is there a plan B? There doesn''t seem to be a line of people breaking the door down to invest.

i am sure this has been well covered but please "delia out" crowd, you cannot answer the simple question relating to where the alternative cash comes from. so tuck your spleen back in and f... off.you are not welcome at norwich city and should be confronted by the majority to stop you.

I think we''ve estalished that the majority of city fans want Delia and MWJ out of the club.As has been correctly stated the problem is replacing them. Without someone owning and running the club we are screwed.I really dont think P.C can be ruled out completely.....

"I think we''ve estalished that the majority of city fans want Delia and MWJ out of the club."

Really?

I mean, I agree that we need someone better, with more money etc etc, but that''s a very bold statement based on....what exactly?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

another fantastic post Butler, sums up exactly how I feel and most of the people I go with or chat with about NCFC. There are at least as many hostile and threatening posts directed towards the anti Delia brigade on here as there are insults directed the other way, you only have to look at this thread for evidence. It''s the continued worship of  Delia and MWJ in the face of the points that you have made that is so upsetting to a lot of people.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="JF"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] I appologise for using the word "joke" to describe his post. when all is said and done we are all fans who want the best for the club. It just annoys me that some people accept such low standards and then sing the praises of those who have delivered the club to it''s lowest point for 50 years. Take away the fact that it is Delia Smith a city fan and minor celebrity and replace her record with a random buisnessman and they would of been hounded out years ago by all fans.She seems to be untouchable and i really do wonder what Robert Chase makes of it all.

[quote user="jammis"]

I wondered who people have got lined up to replace her, and how free flowing their money is?

Is the plan to force Delia out and watch the club disappear, or is there a plan B? There doesn''t seem to be a line of people breaking the door down to invest.

[/quote]

I am sure that if Delia named a fair price then there would be a number of potential buyers for the club. If you are expecting a line of potential investors however, given the present owners track record, would you trust them with any significant amount of money?