Sign in to follow this  
Smudge

Attendances

Judging by last nights attendance, How many people do you think we could get to home games?? I think we could get upto 35,000. Norwich is an expanding city and last 3 seasons attendances show we have a great fan base.

What is exactly the stadium development plan?? City stand first?? another tier on the south stand?? Will the hotel ever get built??

Obviously the 1,500 seat corner infill is the 1st development with the lower tier open for new year and the completion by the spring and will also feature indoor facilities for disabled supporters and stadium capacity should roughly rise to about 26,000. The City Stand can be developed but the Road behind has to be bought 1st to be owned by the club. An upper tier would extend into the road and the stand would have to be developed into an cantilever. Possible but may be a little expensive. If this happened stadium capacity would be roughly 30,000. An extra tier of 4,000 seats can be added to the Jarrold Stand as was previously agreed and said but the other developments have to happen first. An Hotel in the Barclay, Jarrold corner is still being discussed with potential buyers and the club would give the land away for free but if the hotel was succesful would receive a certain % of the profits but if it wasn''t would lose anything. It''s a no lose situation.

I was surprised to get over 18000 last night. Pretty good I thought, especially as there were not huge numbers of away fans. I think this may have been because the casual fans have not been able to see league games this year as its full.

Does anyone know if we will fill in the Barclay/Jarrold infill or will they wait till they know the hotel plans?

With 26000 after the infill. 4000 each on the City and Jarrold and another 2000 for the other infill, which presumeably would be slightly more than the River End/Jarrold one as the disabled facilities will already be in place. We would have 36,000, same as Tottenham. I think we would have to keep out of the fizzy pop league to keep it full though.

Lot''s ofyoungsters there last night (Kids for a Quid) so as a few years ago when we were struggling with attendances we''re bloding the future generations of fans.

Only a shame they didn''t get some better fare to watch - some of the obviously non-regular mums (and dads) loooked well bored!

Some of the obviously non-regular mums and dads, although thankfully swelling the numbers and the coffers, were a pain in the neck with their moaning and ignorant comments.  Some didn''t even know if there was going to be a replay or not, for example, and when they found out it was settled on the night they were desperate for Rovers to equalise so they could get their money''s worth!!!  Moan over!

When I went to the open day a couple of months ago, Doncaster said that we could have filled a 35,000 seater stadium with the huge demand for tickets last year.  I would have thought we could do it this year too!   I''m sure the Wiz would be only too delighted to hear about plans for another tier on the city stand!!

A good attendance. Based on that performance I bet there won''t be the next round though. "Fool me once..." etc.

At least the kids were getting into it, sort of. There were two very funny little''uns sitting behind me who moaned and moaned at the players, and Worthington''s tactics and negative team selection all game as if they were seasoned City Stand supporters. Very impressive.

They ended the night chanting "Bottom of the league, We''re not having a laugh!", until the dad informed them we were third from bottom.

Last nights attendance should be decoupled from the actual team performance - I doubt if a wonderful - or awful game would really make much difference to attendance potential. 

The fact is there are thousands and thousands of would be supporters who currently can''t get a ticket. Its a Premier League thing. Football is becoming more and more mainstream. And this region is prospering.

Last year in a lower division 23000 ish full houses could easily have been 30000 in a larger stadium. Indeed, at Poorman Rd, near 30000 attendances were achieved from within a catchment area that is less than in Norwich.

Personally, I believe 35000 is realistic but on the basis of Premier League membership.

But the key point is, I think, Div 1 (old terms) would deliver 30000 attendances I would say unless we dropped into the lower reaches - and that ain''t gonna happen.

After the development of the corner infill of which capacity will be nigh on 26,000, the next phase is to add an 2nd tier to the City Stand. The problems for this is that the club have to buy the road behind the stand and the building work and stand will hover a bit into the road although it will become an cantilever.

Possible but could be very expensive. Capacity practically 30,000 or more. The next phase if reached would be the Jarrold Stand which when planning permission was agreed, was allowed in the future to add a 4,000 seat upper tier so capacity of roughly 34-35,000. T

he Jarrold- Barclay corner will be an hotel although a corner infill would boost capacity would really only have uses for segregation and wouldn''t make anything unlike the possibilty for an hopefully succesfull hotel.

[quote]When I went to the open day a couple of months ago, Doncaster said that we could have filled a 35,000 seater stadium with the huge demand for tickets last year. I would have thought we could do it th...[/quote]

me too DD

although i would love to see everyone who wants to watch the team have a seat, i sometimes think we should get our priorities right.  Yes, sure we could fill another tier on the city stand, the question you should be asking though is why didn''t they build a bigger south stand?  I suppose the answer is it was a risk, spending money we didn''t have on a stand which would be half empty if we were never to make it to the premiership (look at the lovely empty seats at portman road)

The first priority should always be the team, and the board (with a little gentle persuasion) did heed to that last year.  This year the need for a strong squad will be vital - especially as the season wears on

If there is a choice between staying up (and buying someone who can score goals on a regular basis) and putting another 5,000 seats in, i am afraid the footballing side has to win.

Having said that though, nige has to be 100% sure he needs to buy.  I am not convinced we need to buy a new striker (it is just the way we are playing at the moment, with selections and tactics) which is making that need look more desperate than perhaps it is. 

In an ideal world, he will pick a more attacking team, let them pass it on the floor and put leon up front with hucks, but sadly DD, you never get what you want 100% of the time. 

The new city stand will come, eventually.  But (as in the past) it is at the expense of the team, then we all know the prospects we could face.  Another nine years in the wilderness anyone?