Sign in to follow this  
Earlsfield

Norwich V Wigan: Goals on...

SSN.  As SSN runs on a loop if you watch it for an hour or so and you will see them.

Here are my observations:

N''Zogbia - Doc went to ground to easily giving N''Zogbia clear sight at goal.

Martin - Great work from semmy - Martin could not miss

Wee yon - Not as emphatic finish as some are reporting Theo got beaten at near post and could of saved it.  Defending and Drury in particular looked a little flat footed.

Martin - neat play and footwork from hughes to slip Martin in who muscled off 2 wigan defenders and got a powerful effort off from 16 yards.  Should start on sat for me.

Whaley - as good as reports say.  Wonderful ball from wes and and a very good composed finish.

Read the report on the Latics website an they were saying it was a lucky goal from a defensive mistake, obviously more than a little embarrassed to have been beaten by a league one side!!!!! In fact their report barely mentioned Norwich in any positive light despite the fact we put three past them. Pure arrogance! a few years back they would have been tugging their forelocks and grovelling at our feet had they been given the chance to play a game at the mighty carrow road.

Here''s the link if anyone''s interested, also the title of the article; "oranges not so fresh against lemons" is more than a little stupid

http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10429~1740606,00.html

I agree.  That report was written by a monkey.  His use of the phrase "big time" sums him his writing skills quite nicely.

The fact that we get bigger crowds in a pre season friendly against Man Utd kids than they do on a regular basis in the prem further highlights what a tin pot club they are.

Silly Northern monkeys. Nice to see we can still put in a good performance, but then performing against the bigger or better teams has never been our problem. More interested in how we will do against yeovil and hartlepool etc in winter midweek matches.

Yes thanks for that Earlsfield,

I think the virtue of Martin''s first goal was the timing of his run which was absolutely spot on and put him in for a "could not miss" situation.

I also think those who said Theo had "no chance" with either goal were more than generous, his positioning for their second left more than enough room for an easy near post finish.

Our third goal was the result of Wes''s superb vision to place a precision David Beckham''ish crossfield pass spot on to Whaleys feet, magic !

Thanks Jim I concur with your points. 

Barry, I disagree.  I can''t wait to see "proper" football.  The third div is more fun than the prem.