Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

Hoolahan

Played out of position, as an orthodox left mid and then when freed under Gunn found far better form, only to get injured at the business end of the season. But there are some who believe that if he had stayed fit we wouldn''t have been relegated.

Hoolahan was starting to play better towards the end of the season, and he had a very good pre season. Hopefully Gunn is getting the best out of him and he can play a big part this season. I think if we can keep hold of him, we will have a very good chance this year.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="walks on water"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]World Class player, easily prem class![/quote]

Jesus christ, i honestly cant believe what i read on here sometimes.

The kid is awful, may find is level here, obviously the championship was far too tough for him.

[/quote]

Last preseason, Tottenham couldn''t deal with him, this preseason a Manchester XI couldn''t cope with him, and he ran the game yesterday and was arguably the most influential player on the pitch.

Hoolhan exhibited a very good workrate, exceptional skill & vision.

We have that rare commodity in the English game; a playmaker. He is without doubt most effective/causes the most damage when given license to roam and hence why others need to plug ''his'' hole, nominally on the left. I can''t stand a typically rigid 442 anyway. Give me the fluidity that Hoolahans inclusion brings to a formation anyday.

Stuns me that some are so blind to his immense, pivotal contribution. When on his game, he is the heartbeat of our team.

[/quote]

When on his game....... And how often is that?

Man Utd XI.......... You mean under 18''s?

Wes is 27 years old and we are the best club he has played for 3 tier of English football, doesnt make the ROI team. Hardly ''world class or prem standard''

Every player that is the ''creative type'' has moments of absolute brilliance and good games. Unfortulnatly Wes isnt good enough, constantly enough.

He is lightweight, one footed, not particulary fast, doesnt score enough and not consistant. Might do ok at the level we are at this year.

Just one more question, if hes ''world class and prem standard'' why is he at still at Norwich?

[/quote]Not world class but an excellent footballer and certainly much better than you portray him to be.

I liked the fact that against Wigan, he ran all over the pitch, whenever we had the ball, he would go and ask for it, something that some players dont do!!!! Also his good ball across the pitch lead to our 3rd goal,and he does generally make things happen! Very skilful for league 1 too!