Sign in to follow this  
walks on water

Hoolahan

I''m astounded and damn grateful that nobody has come in for him.

Wes is that special type of player you accommodate/build a team around.  He was awesome today -again (being caught in possession for Wigan''s first excepted), he oozes class and we simply MUST keep hold of him if we possibly can.

Can we really be that lucky to hold onto him?

[quote user="walks on water"]

I''m astounded and damn grateful that nobody has come in for him.

Wes is that special type of player you accommodate/build a team around.  He was awesome today -again (being caught in possession for Wigan''s first excepted), he oozes class and we simply MUST keep hold of him if we possibly can.

Can we really be that lucky to hold onto him?

[/quote]

He''ll be gone come January. [:@]

I do hope you are right Norfolk. The second half against the Man U kids shows what we were missing.

Just can''t get over his work rate mixed with that skill and vision. He can also take a hard tackle and come bouncing out of it.

He was superb today and could make the difference between promotion or not. He reads game so well and am amazed no-one has come in for him.

[quote user="tribes"]He was superb today and could make the difference between promotion or not. He reads game so well and am amazed no-one has come in for him.[/quote]shhhhhhhhhhhh [;)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="tribes"]He was superb today and could make the difference between promotion or not. He reads game so well and am amazed no-one has come in for him.[/quote]shhhhhhhhhhhh [;)][/quote]He reads the game so well and am surprised no-one has come in for him.

Is that better just whispering it.

[quote user="tribes"]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="tribes"]He was superb today and could make the difference between promotion or not. He reads game so well and am amazed no-one has come in for him.[/quote]shhhhhhhhhhhh [;)][/quote]He reads the game so well and am surprised no-one has come in for him.

Is that better just whispering it.

[/quote]lol [Y]

If we lose him to transfer or injury, I don''t think we''ll be half as effective; apart from the mistake for their first goal, he was superb today.

Totally agree, was quaility today (baring one mistake that led to goal) cant quite belive that there are still fans knocking him, when you are lucky enough to have a player always looking for the killer ball there will always be times when it doesnt work but when it does it will invariably result in a chance, he is a must for next season especially at home when we are trying to unlock defensive formations.

[quote user="newboy"]Totally agree, was quaility today (baring one mistake that led to goal) cant quite belive that there are still fans knocking him, when you are lucky enough to have a player always looking for the killer ball there will always be times when it doesnt work but when it does it will invariably result in a chance, he is a must for next season especially at home when we are trying to unlock defensive formations.[/quote]It''s also a pleasure to watch him play and he always seems to be one step ahead. The second goal was not just the pass but what went on just before he made it.

I have to agree, he dominated the midfield today with skill and agression. However the role he played did cause us to look a bit unbalanced and left Holt isolated up front for long periods of the game. If Wes was not in the side we could play a more orthodox 4 4 2 which could work better against many sides. Wes on this form is a bit like Hux in the promotion year. A luxury player, but one who turns games and wins them for you. If we play well he will be a match winner. There will be games where we will not be able to play a lone striker though and it will be interesting to see how Wes fits in as an orthodox wide midfield player.

Like I''ve said before....there isn''t a better player outside the Premier League than Wes Hoolahan.

Infact there are plenty of less talented players in the PL...

[quote user="GJP"]

Like I''ve said before....there isn''t a better player outside the Premier League than Wes Hoolahan.

Infact there are plenty of less talented players in the PL...

[/quote]well if someone does come in for him(god forbid) lets hope we get a premiership fee for him...i think he will be the difference between promotion or not

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]we must keep hold of him...but everyone has their price im affraid, i will be alot happier when the window shuts and hoolahoop is still with us [Y][/quote]

Agree with that in principle. However, if there is one player we MUST hold onto it''s Hoolahan, as I believe he is one of the key players in our promotion push - perhaps even the most key?

I''d reject any offer for him this summer. Losing him would be much more devestating than losing Clingan and I''m delighted he''s still here.

Yer i think Wigan saw that two cus Hoolahan was fouled easily more times than another player on the pitch

I couldn''t agree more with the sentiments expressed regarding Hoolahan, when Glen Roeder made the mistake of selling Huckerby and responded by saying he''ll bring more heroes to Carrow Road, I believe Hoolahan and Clinghan were who he was refering too.For Wes though to come in as the obvious replacement for a fans favourite he had the harder task of trying to impress. His performances up until Xmas last season looked like they mentally carried that burden. That but also I believe his performances were scrutinised greater as its natural for suppoters to compare him to Huckerby and ask what are we getting with Hoolahan then ?On top of that, he has been playing in arguarbly our worst season ever plus also been asked to play in a new free creative role alongside the forward.I could see what Hoolan was about, his skill, vision and ability is obvious. Some critisism of his left sided role is that he has a lot of freedom and the left back is exposed, but surely the same could be said of Huckerby ?In addition,  surely the team have accounted for this in tactics and set a nominted player to cover when he does gets into forward positions.And although Hoolahan won''t be renown for his tackles, does win some and he does show desire to win the ball back and chase to close down the options for the opposition.So what does he give us, he is our most talented player without a doubt, maybe thats does show some favouritism from myself, because I adore the type of player that he is, (Peter Beardsley, Totti, Arshavin etc) those that can deliver the unexpected, the skillful and raise our pulse and make us stand up when he gets the balll cos we feel somethings gonna happen.I hope he will get that status next season, he was playing really well post Xmas and scored a couple of goals to suggest he was beginning to settle. It was very unfortunate for us to lose him and Croft for the last 2 or 3 games of last season, our most creative options.If we are to return to the championship at the first time of asking, it''ll be because players like Hoolahan, Stephen Hughes, Grant Holt & Simon Whalley prove themselves to be too good for League 1. That and an almost injury free season !

[quote user="I am a Banana"]World Class player, easily prem class![/quote]

Jesus christ, i honestly cant believe what i read on here sometimes.

The kid is awful, may find is level here, obviously the championship was far too tough for him.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

The kid is awful, may find is level here, obviously the championship was far too tough for him.

[/quote]

you my freind are a prat.

Hoolahan is a fantastic player and i really hope Gunn rejects any bid that may come in for him because the guy is an integral part of this team.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Last preseason, Tottenham couldn''t deal with him, this preseason a Manchester XI couldn''t cope with him, and he ran the game yesterday and was arguably the most influential player on the pitch.

Hoolhan exhibited a very good workrate, exceptional skill & vision.

We have that rare commodity in the English game; a playmaker. He is without doubt most effective/causes the most damage when given license to roam and hence why others need to plug ''his'' hole, nominally on the left. I can''t stand a typically rigid 442 anyway. Give me the fluidity that Hoolahans inclusion brings to a formation anyday.

Stuns me that some are so blind to his immense, pivotal contribution. When on his game, he is the heartbeat of our team.

[quote user="walks on water"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

Last preseason, Tottenham couldn''t deal with him, this preseason a Manchester XI couldn''t cope with him, and he ran the game yesterday and was arguably the most influential player on the pitch.

Hoolhan exhibited a very good workrate, exceptional skill & vision.

We have that rare commodity in the English game; a playmaker. He is without doubt most effective/causes the most damage when given license to roam and hence why others need to plug ''his'' hole, nominally on the left. I can''t stand a typically rigid 442 anyway. Give me the fluidity that Hoolahans inclusion brings to a formation anyday.

Stuns me that some are so blind to his immense, pivotal contribution. When on his game, he is the heartbeat of our team.

[/quote]

When on his game....... And how often is that?

Man Utd XI.......... You mean under 18''s?

Wes is 27 years old and we are the best club he has played for 3 tier of English football, doesnt make the ROI team. Hardly ''world class or prem standard''

Every player that is the ''creative type'' has moments of absolute brilliance and good games. Unfortulnatly Wes isnt good enough, constantly enough.

He is lightweight, one footed, not particulary fast, doesnt score enough and not consistant. Might do ok at the level we are at this year.

Just one more question, if hes ''world class and prem standard'' why is he at still at Norwich?

[quote user="walks on water"]

When on his game, he is the heartbeat of our team.

[/quote]The fact that we were horribly relegated last season with our worst league position in fifty years shows either thata, he''s not "on his game" very oftenorb, he''s not quite as good as you think

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="walks on water"]

When on his game, he is the heartbeat of our team.

[/quote]The fact that we were horribly relegated last season with our worst league position in fifty years shows either thata, he''s not "on his game" very oftenorb, he''s not quite as good as you think[/quote]I''m not sure anyone was "on their game" last season though? Various well discussed factors add up to this I''d say...