Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Any match day rituals????

mine:- Put my shirt on kiss the badge..go and hang the scarfs in the car window for the trip down [Y] and all the usual stuff..tickets, wallet, money..check

Roll on next saturday..im so looking forward to watching city with my family and getting of to a winning start...OTBC

Park at church, walk down, get chewing gum, then programme, then enter with an hour before kick off, then watch the lads warm up and read the programme!

Go to the pub, meet mates, have lunch, a few pints, walk to the match, get programme, go inside, watch game. I seem to do exactly the same thing for every home match so does that make it a ritual?

I get up, eat some brekky, come on here for a bit, wash my balls in a mug, drive to CR, buy a programme, go up the players lounge (occasionally), then I normally get humiliated for 90 minutes before diving home, coming on here for a bit, eating a chinese whilst watching some crappy tv before going to bed.

First I Pick my City shirt (I have 4 a the moment, 3 retro 1 current), then Pub, Programme, Pie and Never make any predictions, I''ve learnt from bitter experience that when supporting Norwich never attempt to predict anything, it will always come and bite you in the arse.

Remember chaps a pessimist is never dissapointed

Mine is to drive 2 and a half hours eating wine gums there and back, sometimes happy, last season, usually not. Fingers crossed for this year.

Drive to park and ride, bus in, walk to carrow road, stop by grab some drinks/snacks, grab program then head up to seats. Sometimes meet up with some mates outside or grab a hotdog

Wake up go to work for an hour, play table tennis for 3 hours, go home, shower and get changed, get parking space at around 1.45pm, walk to the ground, get a bottle of coca-cola from usual shop for 99p, sit in my new seat! (jarrold stand), watch training, then watch the match [:D]

Wake up, choose shirt (Flybee, or 59ers), get parking space with my Dad near Ben Burgess at 12, walk to the ground, buy a programme from the shop, go to Jarrold Stand where the away fans sit to watch the players come in and get autographs and programme signed by whoevers on the front, go in the hotel for a drink (orange J20), Dad has pint of Murpheys, go to Morrisons for sausage roll or pastie, walk back to the ground, have a chat with someone my Dad knows, go to seats, talk to people around us and watch the training, then watch the match. [:D]

Meet mate at Acle, park in Broadland, pint (or two) in Mustard Pot, burger or hot-dog from behind Jarrold stand, go to sale shop under Jarrold (every week just to pi** mate off), into N&P stand, another drink. Watch match, ususal optimism soon shattered, turn to banter with those around. Watch pigeons in roof, go home listen to Canary Call. Try again in a fornight. Not a ritual as such but pretty much what happens every week.

[quote user="Delia s Devonshire Dirtbox"]Wake up hungover, go to pub, get rid of hangover, go to match, make hangover[/quote]DDD yours sounds the best thus far [Y] lol

Lay down without putting up a fight. Often allow the opposition to pass the ball at ease, whilst worrying how my parent club are doing (after all, they''ll be paying my wages next year).

Okay, maybe not my match day ritual, although I''m pretty sure quite a few went along similar lines last year...

wake up drunkwatch soccer am, wank over soccerette (this is a must)get to pub, remain drunk, go to ground, watch the local shit/muck spreading competition. go back to pubpass out later that night.

Well I start by drawing a pentagram on my living room floor using Persil.... or did you mean some other kind of ritual??