Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Serious question now.

Imagine yourself to be a wealthy person (able to throw £200m at a football club for example) and you have just approached Delia about buying her out completely.How much do you think she values the club at? This is not a dig at the board or anyone associated to the club ....Someone with financial knowledge answering this question would be great [:)]

Nobody cares now it''s only a week till the start of the season CT mate! Haha, odd, but probably true [;)]

I guess the 16mil.

I think most wealthy people would be able to renegotiate the debt and any spending would be up to the new owners, altho i''m sure Delia would be likely to demand to know how much any new owner would put into new players.

[quote user="CT "]Imagine yourself to be a wealthy person (able to throw £200m at a football club for example) and you have just approached Delia about buying her out completely.

How much do you think she values the club at? This is not a dig at the board or anyone associated to the club ....

Someone with financial knowledge answering this question would be great [:)]

[/quote]The shares would be valued lower(for obvious reasons) i would say £8-10 million for the shares + the debts   £48-£50 mil

are you thinking of buying CT?????? LOL

[quote user="CT "]Imagine yourself to be a wealthy person (able to throw £200m at a football club for example) and you have just approached Delia about buying her out completely.How much do you think she values the club at? This is not a dig at the board or anyone associated to the club ....Someone with financial knowledge answering this question would be great [:)][/quote].CT, only Delia would KNOW the answer to your question. However, with respect, you are asking the wrong question.The

theoretical and public value Delia places on the club is £16m, because

that is what it would cost to buy all the shares at the current price

of £30 a share. In reality it is unlikely any new owner would have to

buy all the shares. A more realistic figure is the £9.6m it would cost

to buy Delia''s shares, which would ensure control of the club.And

it might not even be as much as £9.6m. In negotiations Delia might well

accept a lot less than £30 a share. Which is the question to which you

would like an answer.However the point is that the price of the

club, on which so many posters focus, is one big red herring. Supposing

Delia halved the share price to £15. That would effectively value the

club at £4.8m. The idea that there are billionaires or even mere

millionaires out there who could afford to pay £4.8m but could not

afford £9.6m is obviously nonsense.The debt is a more important

factor than the asking price, but the really important factor is the

cost of running the club. What puts potential owners off is the

prospect of paying out millions, year in, year out, once they have

dealt with the minor matter of the purchase price.

But Purple, the fact is that NCFC are considerably in profit over Delias entire reign.  In simple terms football clubs run at a loss, in reality there are many variable ways of making up those losses- cup runs, play-offs, player sales; just one season in the Prem virtually guarantees three years of profitability. 

[quote user="Downloads"]

I guess the 16mil.

I think most wealthy people would be able to renegotiate the debt and any spending would be up to the new owners, altho i''m sure Delia would be likely to demand to know how much any new owner would put into new players.

[/quote]

If you could renegotiate the debt I think you could become majority shareholder for around 8-10 million IMHO.........

Just because somone Rich takes over a club doesn''t mean anything.......... Look at Southampton.........

Most rich people became rich by being smart and keeping their hand in their pocket.............Football is basically a money pit for most "investors"

Delia wants market value for her shares and the £18-20m of debt to be paid off, i think this is perhaps a bit ambitious but i''m not sure you can really slag somebody off for wanting the true value for something they own. 2/3 of season ticket holders were only willing to pay the true value for their season tickets so why shouldn''t Delia receive the true value for her shares when she''s already lost millions in the club?

Any potential buyer has to pay off the loan, it part of the loan deal, so it''s not "what Delia wants", but just something that would have to happen.