Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Hey Boys and Girls, guess who I just saw in the City???

Mr Robert Chase looking fine and well on Dereham Road about half an hour ago.

He actually looked far healthier than he did 13 years ago when I last saw him in the flesh.

Did you drop to your knees and bow down, saying "I''m not worthy O great one"?

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

Ha ha - did you have to run home to ''mop up'' [:D]

Only joking, did you speak to him?

[/quote]

No didn''t speak to him Maccy D, although I would of done if I had of been on foot.  We were just driving by on a busy Dereham Road and saw him about to get in his car.

I was just gobsmacked to see him that''s all.  I don''t think there is anything in him being here and I certainly was no fan of his in his time here.  I just thought some people may be interested in the fact that he was seen and looking very well?

I also think it is crazy how some people still vilify the man and still hold him accountable for all of the wrongs at our club after 13 long years without him.

I would not like to see him back, but in hindsight he did achieve an awful lot in the time he spent here that City fans should be grateful for.

I couldn''t see myself hating Delia in 13 years time if she walked tomorrow, I simply hate what she has done to the club in recent years, I don''t hate her as a person (despite what some think).

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

No didn''t speak to him Maccy D, although I would of done if I had of been on foot.  We were just driving by on a busy Dereham Road and saw him about to get in his car.

I was just gobsmacked to see him that''s all.  I don''t think there is anything in him being here and I certainly was no fan of his in his time here.  I just thought some people may be interested in the fact that he was seen and looking very well?

I also think it is crazy how some people still vilify the man and still hold him accountable for all of the wrongs at our club after 13 long years without him.

I would not like to see him back, but in hindsight he did achieve an awful lot in the time he spent here that City fans should be grateful for.

I couldn''t see myself hating Delia in 13 years time if she walked tomorrow, I simply hate what she has done to the club in recent years, I don''t hate her as a person (despite what some think).

[/quote]Good Post [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I wasn''t being facetious by the way - genuinely interested in whether you''d spoken to him and what he''d had to say. 

Saw him and his Grandson at Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin last November for the England game. Actually saved him from getting run-over. Still don''t know if that was the right thing to do!!

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I wasn''t being facetious by the way - genuinely interested in whether you''d spoken to him and what he''d had to say. 

[/quote]

I genuinely would of liked to of spoken to him and to of found out what he was doing these days and to of maybe got his take on current circumstances at Carrow Road and whether he genuinely believes that he could of done any better Maccy... but alas the circumstances did not alow me to do so.

It was good to see him looking so well however and a bit of a surprise too... [;)]

He owns the "We cash cheques, no questions asked" and "Are you strapped for cash, but have come across some valuable jewelry you`d like to cash in?" outfit at the bottom of grapes hill (on dereham rd.).  And people say the bloke`s a bit dodgy.....[:^)]

Scum-bag of the highest order imo.

Still lives in Halvegate, and my mate put a parking ticket on his car when he was going to the bank in Yarmouth a few years back.

How interesting.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

He owns the "We cash cheques, no questions asked" and "Are you strapped for cash, but have come across some valuable jewelry you`d like to cash in?" outfit at the bottom of grapes hill (on dereham rd.).  And people say the bloke`s a bit dodgy.....[:^)]

Scum-bag of the highest order imo.

[/quote]

You mean the Mony Shop (a national chain)?  Surely not???