Sign in to follow this  
GreennYella

How much is Wes worth and who could replace him?

After reading Gunny''s comments about being worried of keeping hold of Hoolahan, if we were to get rid of him (which unfortunately seems a good possibilty) how big a fee do you think he would command? Unless he''s got a stupidly low contract release fee I think anything under a million would be an insult. Can''t think of many players we could replace him with either.

For god''s sake lets hope we don''t sell him on August 31st with no time to replace him!

Looks like we''re holding out for about 500k for Darrel Russell, I would expect to get alot more for someone of Hoolahan''s quality.

I think he is worth a million but City would have to consider much lesser offers I fear. Perhaps if he built up his reputation with us and we did remarkably well until January then perhaps he would fetch more.

Having said all that I would be gutted if he went for any figure. [:(]

£1million-£1.5million +, purely because he is such a big part of our team, and would cost alot to replace.

Were we to lose him, I''d want no less than someone like Albert Adomah, IN ADDITION to an extra striker or central midfielder to make up for the creation we would have lost.

We should not sell Hoolahan this summer for any price however.

If were going to get out of this league any time soon... then Wes is priceless.

hoolohan can not be sold for any price he is far to valuable and if we wanna get promotion i think him whlaey and holt will be the fire power and creativity that will get us up. as for a replacement i think hucks comin back could go somwhere towards that but i wouldnt sell wes untill we are guarunteed hucks will return.

If Delph is worth £8-10million, then surely we can get Man City to pay a good £3million for Russel?

More seriously, if an "integral" part of Leeds'' squad is being valued like that, we must do the same with our "key" player, albeit at a different value.

It''s not how much is he worth, but how much is the release fee in his contract.

He had one at Blackpool, and the club before that I believe so I should imagine he has one now. I do feel that he is getting a pretty large salary at the moment now, and few clubs may be prepared to match it, considering his on/off form last year.