Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Gunn worried about keeping Hoolahan!

He said: “He could be a very important player for us in League One. He remembers back to League One himself with Blackpool. I think he was player of the season and people like Wes will help us get out of League One more quickly if we hang on to them.”

we simply have to hang on to Wes...imho he will be the difference this season between promotion and mid table...but if someone comes in with £1 mil + he will be sold without a doubt [:(]

It does sounds worryingly like a precursor to announcing we have had bids on him.....

Hopefully the new MD will see sense and insist we need to hold on to Wes. We have not heard rumours that Wes is unsettled and wants to leave so as long as that remains the case we should simply not accept any bids. Chances are that in a year''s time Wes will be worth alot more too. So it makes financial sense to hold on to him.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

He said: “He could be a very important player for us in League One. He remembers back to League One himself with Blackpool. I think he was player of the season and people like Wes will help us get out of League One more quickly if we hang on to them.”

we simply have to hang on to Wes...imho he will be the difference this season between promotion and mid table...but if someone comes in with £1 mil + he will be sold without a doubt [:(]

[/quote]I fear you''re right. We all know you have to speculate to accumulate but will the board have the stones to invest in retention?

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

It does sounds worryingly like a precursor to announcing we have had bids on him.....

Hopefully the new MD will see sense and insist we need to hold on to Wes. We have not heard rumours that Wes is unsettled and wants to leave so as long as that remains the case we should simply not accept any bids. Chances are that in a year''s time Wes will be worth alot more too. So it makes financial sense to hold on to him.

[/quote]totally agree [Y]

There''s a good chance he''ll have a release clause in his contract. If that''s the case, we have to accept any offer made over that value.

Ambition with prudence having one hand around the throat.

More money to go into the black hole or a player who we really should hang onto ?

[:|]

well this really hs p*ssed me off, what the hell is gunn playing at? firstly he has the pr skills of an 8 year old. On the eve off the new season he decides to tell the press he is going to struggle to keep hold of our star player? what a may to crush morale and optimism, what an idiot! secondly he is surely not thick enough to realise that if we dont keep hoolahan our chances of going back up are severly reduced but more probally eradicated?

im sorry mr gunn but youve dropped a huge b*llock saying what you have done because my confidence for the new season has just taken a nose dive, but that b*llock will not be as big as the one you drop if you sell hoolahan.

this crap has to stop, clingan & marshall have made good money to balance the books so we do not need to sell hoolahan. promotion is worth far more then the fee hoolahan will make.

sort it out gunn and make sure wes goes nowhere

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

well this really hs p*ssed me off, what the hell is gunn playing at? firstly he has the pr skills of an 8 year old. On the eve off the new season he decides to tell the press he is going to struggle to keep hold of our star player? what a may to crush morale and optimism, what an idiot! secondly he is surely not thick enough to realise that if we dont keep hoolahan our chances of going back up are severly reduced but more probally eradicated?

im sorry mr gunn but youve dropped a huge b*llock saying what you have done because my confidence for the new season has just taken a nose dive, but that b*llock will not be as big as the one you drop if you sell hoolahan.

this crap has to stop, clingan & marshall have made good money to balance the books so we do not need to sell hoolahan. promotion is worth far more then the fee hoolahan will make.

[/quote]

pardon spelling!

I agree Lincoln - if Gunn''s worried about losing Wes the last thing he should do is tell the world about it - even trumpeting the fact that no offers have come in. It''s like saying ''come and get him'' (or maybe ''where are you? - let''s be ''avin'' you''...). I know it was probably in response to a reporter''s question, but there are some questions you''re better off not answering.

Exactly , we will not be encouraging any interest but i will jut pop along to the press and tell the footballing  world that we will struggle to keep hold of Wes and money talks , Gunn has all the managerial ability of a plank of wood .

This is why Gunn should never have been appointed manager, he just does not have the experience to do the job. It is more than just managing the team it is about the press and the fans too! He has just failed on all counts.1. The team : Wes will realise that maybe not essential to Gunn as willing to part with him and the team think well where is there ambition in this club 2 The press: Love one liners and trying to get one. I am sure they dangled this in front of Gunn. If he had exeprience he would have sent message to fans, team and the Board that he was not interested in selling and Wes was integral to club and its ambitions3. The fans : All now think here we go again no sooner build a team than wreck it. All that pre season optimism blown apart.Gunn should finish selling as soon as possible with Russell going even if at a bit low price. He deserves the chance and we are blessed with many midfielders. ThenGunn could say no more going out this is the squad.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

thats what came to my mind. We all knew about the Palace interest weeks ago but nothing seems to have materialised.........so unless someone has inquired why advertise the fact??

This whole thing stinks - a massive PR gaffe from Gunn - something''s going on behind the scenes - reckon Hoolahan will be gone by end of the month.

Gunn you really are a W @nker!

This kind of story really winds me up, why the local press have to publish such a non story is beyond me. It''s as if they are actually trying to drum up interest in him so we end up selling, and Gunny should be saying he''s not for sale end of. If the club are serious about going back up they have to hang on to the best players.

[quote user="Mazy Run"]I agree Lincoln - if Gunn''s worried about losing Wes the last thing he should do is tell the world about it - even trumpeting the fact that no offers have come in. It''s like saying ''come and get him'' (or maybe ''where are you? - let''s be ''avin'' you''...). I know it was probably in response to a reporter''s question, but there are some questions you''re better off not answering.[/quote]

He does need to be a bit more careful.  Reminds me of when he came out from his "interview" for the permanent job and let slip to Sky that it was as good as his . . . cue frantic rowing backwards from the PR department at Carrow Road.

As you say, if there really is no interest why talk it up?  Unless he''s been told that we have to sell Hoolahan to balance the books . . .