Sign in to follow this  
Lambert Revolution!

Would it be nice if there was a TV show..

That appreciated the value of a "good goal." I mean we have the championship and MOTD obviously, but personally I''ve found the championship only to be on T.V because the people at BBC/ITV etc, just were fed up of hearing about it so they slapped some show together, and of course MOTD should be renamed to Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool-of-the-day. Wouldn''t it be nice, if there was an independatly made T.V show, that shew the best of the weeks action, from accross the U.K (maybe europe, but I see this being a stretch) so premiership down to every league with a camera at the ground. So many goals have been scored, passes made (ala hoolahan vs wigan.. WHAT A BALL!) and NO ONE has seen them! I mean, we can all name a few city examples from recent seasons; Needegard''s scorcher, Safri''s drive, Huckerby''s mazing run vs Brum even Iwan''s vs Crew goal for last game of his city career I thought was an excellent passing move with cracking finish.. but maybe 1/500th of the people of who have seen some crappy tap in by a stupid serbian poacher like Berbatov, have seen these classics. And I think it''s a shame on football, I''d love a T.V show that addresses these great goals/games, not just show''s the goals but analyzes them, breaks them down iun detail, not just one showing and then move on! Nothing complex, no interviews etc, just a simple 30-60minute show weely, "This Week''s Best Of." Sorted!

BTW: I''m going to look SUCHHHHHHHHHHH a Wazzock if there actually is a show like this already, but MEH! BTW2: Out of Interest, when Norwich played Midleborough in the prem, and we found our selves 3-0 down and won the game with like 5 seconds to go, (or so it felt at the time) where did MOTD squeeze this into their schedule? I seem to remember Man U played Bolton in a classic 1-0 90th minute affiar that probably topped the bill.

Oh and BTW, the reason why this rant come about, was I just finished speaking to a friend who was banging on about how good the Anderson free kick was vs Boca Juniors, to which I replied, yea but he''s got nothing on Sammy Clingan, (sarcasm) to which none of the people on my 6-a-side team (all prem-team-supporters, but massive football nuts) could say that have seen one of Sammy''s GREAT freekicks

[quote user="Gunn Revolution"]That appreciated the value of a "good goal." I mean we have the championship and MOTD obviously, but personally I''ve found the championship only to be on T.V because the people at BBC/ITV etc, just were fed up of hearing about it so they slapped some show together, and of course MOTD should be renamed to Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool-of-the-day. Wouldn''t it be nice, if there was an independatly made T.V show, that shew the best of the weeks action, from accross the U.K (maybe europe, but I see this being a stretch) so premiership down to every league with a camera at the ground. So many goals have been scored, passes made (ala hoolahan vs wigan.. WHAT A BALL!) and NO ONE has seen them! I mean, we can all name a few city examples from recent seasons; Needegard''s scorcher, Safri''s drive, Huckerby''s mazing run vs Brum even Iwan''s vs Crew goal for last game of his city career I thought was an excellent passing move with cracking finish.. but maybe 1/500th of the people of who have seen some crappy tap in by a stupid serbian poacher like Berbatov, have seen these classics. And I think it''s a shame on football, I''d love a T.V show that addresses these great goals/games, not just show''s the goals but analyzes them, breaks them down iun detail, not just one showing and then move on! Nothing complex, no interviews etc, just a simple 30-60minute show weely, "This Week''s Best Of." Sorted!

BTW: I''m going to look SUCHHHHHHHHHHH a Wazzock if there actually is a show like this already, but MEH! BTW2: Out of Interest, when Norwich played Midleborough in the prem, and we found our selves 3-0 down and won the game with like 5 seconds to go, (or so it felt at the time) where did MOTD squeeze this into their schedule? I seem to remember Man U played Bolton in a classic 1-0 90th minute affiar that probably topped the bill. [/quote]We were first to be shown when we drew 4-4 with boro. We were losing 4-1 then made a comeback to draw 4-4

Top shout mate. It will never be produced though because most of the people who watch football on telly are fans of the top four and not really interested in anything else. Its a shame really cos i would love it

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"][quote user="Gunn Revolution"]That appreciated the value of a "good goal." I mean we have the championship and MOTD obviously, but personally I''ve found the championship only to be on T.V because the people at BBC/ITV etc, just were fed up of hearing about it so they slapped some show together, and of course MOTD should be renamed to Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool-of-the-day. Wouldn''t it be nice, if there was an independatly made T.V show, that shew the best of the weeks action, from accross the U.K (maybe europe, but I see this being a stretch) so premiership down to every league with a camera at the ground. So many goals have been scored, passes made (ala hoolahan vs wigan.. WHAT A BALL!) and NO ONE has seen them! I mean, we can all name a few city examples from recent seasons; Needegard''s scorcher, Safri''s drive, Huckerby''s mazing run vs Brum even Iwan''s vs Crew goal for last game of his city career I thought was an excellent passing move with cracking finish.. but maybe 1/500th of the people of who have seen some crappy tap in by a stupid serbian poacher like Berbatov, have seen these classics. And I think it''s a shame on football, I''d love a T.V show that addresses these great goals/games, not just show''s the goals but analyzes them, breaks them down iun detail, not just one showing and then move on! Nothing complex, no interviews etc, just a simple 30-60minute show weely, "This Week''s Best Of." Sorted!

BTW: I''m going to look SUCHHHHHHHHHHH a Wazzock if there actually is a show like this already, but MEH! BTW2: Out of Interest, when Norwich played Midleborough in the prem, and we found our selves 3-0 down and won the game with like 5 seconds to go, (or so it felt at the time) where did MOTD squeeze this into their schedule? I seem to remember Man U played Bolton in a classic 1-0 90th minute affiar that probably topped the bill. [/quote]We were first to be shown when we drew 4-4 with boro. We were losing 4-1 then made a comeback to draw 4-4[/quote]Omfg, Actually can''t believe I put down 3-0 instead of 4-1. Ha, do I feel the fool.. or do I feeeelll the foooll.

Football Mundial is probably the closest thing to a show like this out there.I remember i used to love watching it and then searching for some of the "unknown" stars of say the Israli or Japanese football leagues on my copy of Champ Manager 96 or w/e.Sometimes they were real gems as well !!But I would certainly love to see a football run down show which actually totally ignored the top flight, I guess the only problem with a program like this would be that you would have to have a hell of a lot of cash to have film crews across the country / world.Only way to possibly sort this , ok E-treprenuers ;) is to set up a website which has weekly podcasts highlighting world football. In this day and age almost everyone on the planet caries a video camera on them at all times *cough* mobile phones if your being thick *cough* so you could run it based on user / fan based submissions.Would have to be zero profit as well or you would be ready for a heafty beating from Fifa or similar body.Still a web community which shared football goals / moments would be awesome. Really highlight some of the better moments happening week in week out.

[quote user="Gunn Revolution"]That appreciated the value of a "good goal." I mean we have the championship and MOTD obviously, but personally I''ve found the championship only to be on T.V because the people at BBC/ITV etc, just were fed up of hearing about it so they slapped some show together, and of course MOTD should be renamed to Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool-of-the-day.

Wouldn''t it be nice, if there was an independatly made T.V show, that shew the best of the weeks action, from accross the U.K (maybe europe, but I see this being a stretch) so premiership down to every league with a camera at the ground. So many goals have been scored, passes made (ala hoolahan vs wigan.. WHAT A BALL!) and NO ONE has seen them!

I mean, we can all name a few city examples from recent seasons; Needegard''s scorcher, Safri''s drive, Huckerby''s mazing run vs Brum even Iwan''s vs Crew goal for last game of his city career I thought was an excellent passing move with cracking finish.. but maybe 1/500th of the people of who have seen some crappy tap in by a stupid serbian poacher like Berbatov, have seen these classics. And I think it''s a shame on football, I''d love a T.V show that addresses these great goals/games, not just show''s the goals but analyzes them, breaks them down iun detail, not just one showing and then move on! Nothing complex, no interviews etc, just a simple 30-60minute show weely, "This Week''s Best Of." Sorted!

BTW: I''m going to look SUCHHHHHHHHHHH a Wazzock if there actually is a show like this already, but MEH!
BTW2: Out of Interest, when Norwich played Midleborough in the prem, and we found our selves 3-0 down and won the game with like 5 seconds to go, (or so it felt at the time) where did MOTD squeeze this into their schedule? I seem to remember Man U played Bolton in a classic 1-0 90th minute affiar that probably topped the bill.
[/quote]

If you have sky then you can see all goals from around the worlds on verious shows.. Soccer saturday show''s all the goals from all divisions. football 1st shows 60 mins highlights of every single premiership game on a saturday...?

[quote user="Gunn Revolution"]That appreciated the value of a "good goal." I mean we have the championship and MOTD obviously, but personally I''ve found the championship only to be on T.V because the people at BBC/ITV etc, just were fed up of hearing about it so they slapped some show together, and of course MOTD should be renamed to Arsenal/ManU/Chelsea/Liverpool-of-the-day.

Wouldn''t it be nice, if there was an independatly made T.V show, that shew the best of the weeks action, from accross the U.K (maybe europe, but I see this being a stretch) so premiership down to every league with a camera at the ground. So many goals have been scored, passes made (ala hoolahan vs wigan.. WHAT A BALL!) and NO ONE has seen them!

I mean, we can all name a few city examples from recent seasons; Needegard''s scorcher, Safri''s drive, Huckerby''s mazing run vs Brum even Iwan''s vs Crew goal for last game of his city career I thought was an excellent passing move with cracking finish.. but maybe 1/500th of the people of who have seen some crappy tap in by a stupid serbian poacher like Berbatov, have seen these classics. And I think it''s a shame on football, I''d love a T.V show that addresses these great goals/games, not just show''s the goals but analyzes them, breaks them down iun detail, not just one showing and then move on! Nothing complex, no interviews etc, just a simple 30-60minute show weely, "This Week''s Best Of." Sorted!

BTW: I''m going to look SUCHHHHHHHHHHH a Wazzock if there actually is a show like this already, but MEH!
BTW2: Out of Interest, when Norwich played Midleborough in the prem, and we found our selves 3-0 down and won the game with like 5 seconds to go, (or so it felt at the time) where did MOTD squeeze this into their schedule? I seem to remember Man U played Bolton in a classic 1-0 90th minute affiar that probably topped the bill.
[/quote]

Brilliant example of Norfolkness mate!

Showing my age now, but wouldn''t it be nice if Anglia would bring back Match Of The Week on a Sunday afternoon. It would be so much better than the penny pinching , blink and you''ve missed it coverage they grudgingly give us now. I don''t even think that the late Thursday night show with Kevin Piper will be back, at least this was better than nothing !

[quote user="John Morlar"]Showing my age now, but wouldn''t it be nice if Anglia would bring back Match Of The Week on a Sunday afternoon. It would be so much better than the penny pinching , blink and you''ve missed it coverage they grudgingly give us now. I don''t even think that the late Thursday night show with Kevin Piper will be back, at least this was better than nothing ![/quote]

That was on far to late!!!

I think one of the broadcasters would probably like to do something like this, but the problem is the rights to show highlights. These aren''t all owned by one channel or company so there is no way this could happen (in the UK). It is a shame, I am happy to watch almost any football on TV.

Hopefully the BBC''s new League Football highlights thing will be of higher quality than ITV''s joke of a program.

Soccer AM each saturday morning on Sky shows the best of the bunch from each league?

It''s not just goals.

If Beckham, for example, had played the pass that Wes did for the third on Saturday you''d be hearing about it all season, friendly or not.

Unfortunately there''s a huge amount of glory hunters out there with no regard for any team outside the top 4 of the Premier, and it stands to reason that the broadcasters are likely to pander to them and focus on their teams...