Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Ridiculous Archant Scaremongering

I know the subject has been covered however this is more a query regarding Archant and the way they report.

How can you give a title to an article such as ''Fight on for Hoolahan'' and in the same article have the words ''Up until now there''s not been any interest''

Exactly, i''m not overly worried by that article at the moment, i feel if Wes was going he wouldn''t have been taken on the pre-season tour and would have been long gone.

Being the worrier that I am, I hope it''s not a softening up story, and there''s been already been some clubs asking around for him or know what his release fee is (assuming that there is one)

Hope I''m wrong.

Didnt Hoolahan state a few weeks back he was staying at City ? if anything its Gunn trying to drum up a few offers for him .

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]Didnt Hoolahan state a few weeks back he was staying at City ? if anything its Gunn trying to drum up a few offers for him .[/quote]I think Gunny sees hoolahan as a massive piece of the jig saw, can''t see why he''d be trying to sell him

My professional opinion is that this is Gunny being genuinely honest and open but a bit too naive for his own good.

I''m afraid he got lead down the garden path a bit I think.  We are good at that.

He''ll learn when he can safely open up and when he can''t.

Just a personal opinion of course.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

My professional opinion is that this is Gunny being genuinely honest and open but a bit too naive for his own good.

I''m afraid he got lead down the garden path a bit I think.  We are good at that.

[/quote]Yeh , I agree with that. Think a smart or coniving journo caught Gunn out and manipulated his words.

I have to say this is terrible journalism from Archant. There is not even a story to write and Archant are just stirring things up! I would like to know who the Journalist was who wrote this. He defiantly is not a fan of Norwich city!

[quote user="colneycanary"]I have to say this is terrible journalism from Archant. There is not even a story to write and Archant are just stirring things up! I would like to know who the Journalist was who wrote this. He defiantly is not a fan of Norwich city![/quote]

Having re-read the story in the EEN, surely Archant are just reporting what Bryan Gunn said. How are they stirring things up by reporting an on the record comment from Bryan Gunn?

Because Gunn was just answering the questions being thrown at him. The journalist would of been better asking how important Hoolahan is to our promotion back to the championship rather than stirring things up like this.

Why is it terrible journalism , its what Gunn has said and thats whats been written. Delia probably wants to get a bit of cash back in after spending all those millions on her new squad of freebies and who better to get the fans softened up for the blow of losing Hoolahan than Mr Yes Delia of course Delia Gunn .

They''ve made a story from a comment from Gunn saying basically is one of our best players who has been consistent through pre season.  What it does suggest is the board would be likely to accept an offer IF it was enough.  Catch 22 I guess, you want players to perform, but when they do other clubs may come sniffing around.

[quote user="Shake n'' Vac the bas***d meerkat up"]They''ve made a story from a comment from Gunn saying basically is one of our best pl#

you have got to draw the line somewhere! surely the board needs to get straight backup, hoolhan is a key part and does not need to go! you can afford to keep some players!

It''s still Gunny being naive.

Sample answer from dear old Bazza at Peterborough to the same line of questioning:

Bazza: "He''s not for sale."

Interviewer: "But every player has their price Bazza don''t they?"

Bazza: "Course they do.  And our price starts at two million so we''ll see who is ******* interested then won''t we?"

Pardon my language gal and all that.

[:P]

Sample answer from dear old Bazza at Peterborough to the same line of questioning:

Bazza: "Course they do.  And our price starts at two million so we''ll see who is ******* interested then won''t we?"

[:P]

[/quote]

Make your mind up. Is this a personal opinion or a prfofessional one?

Professional and personal.

Either way he got stitched up.  Fair enough because he allowed himself to be stitched up.

As it goes on he will learn how to avoid being stitched up.  Hopefully.

maybe we deserve this.. When stephen phillips was put on the board. every single norwich fan criticised the board saying, archent are going to be biassed towards the club and only print good things about it. This might be there way of showing there journalist''s will write what they want when they want.Even if it isn''t what the club want.

i think you should be able to tell what i''m trying to say lol

[/quote]

If Hoolahan has a release clause in his contract, (which may or may not be the case), I would think that Gunn is very unlikely to come out with this sort of quote.

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]Come on....a Journos job is write stories that sells newspapers so good on them for delivering good headlines.[/quote]

So ''Giant inflatable panda comes to life and reaks havoc on Norwich City center'' would sell a few, sod the fact there''s no substance to it.

Whilst I will hold my hands up and admit that I have been very critical of Archant in the past for not asking difficult questions of the club, more specifically the board, so this may be a little hypocritical I do not see it as the role of the locaol press to destabilise the club at a time when things seem to be turning a corner by printing this sort of sensationalist crap. Unless of course Gunn/the Club asked them to run the story in which case the implications are even more worrying!